1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If we were to acquire a non-lottery first rounder to add to our rotation...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by basketballholic, Jun 6, 2019.

1. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

And why does everybody seem to want to do that? Young, developing center who had a really good year. If we trade him, how long before all those who wanted him gone will regret that decision?

2. rockets13champs

http://tradenba.com/trades/ryjjBUOCE

Chris Paul to PHX

Aaron Gordon, Augustin, 16th pick (Bol Bol) to Houston

Tyler Johnson, Josh’s jackson, Mikal Bridges & 2020 1st rounder to Orlando

3. BallaDoc

BallaDoc Member

Because you could replace his role in the offense and defense easily with the MLE on guys like DAJ or Jam with no loss of assets while using Capela a salary to fill other holes in the roster.

Look at it like this. Right now core rotational guys we can play the warriors include

Capela
    Tucker
    Egod
    Harden
    Paul

If you add DAJ with just MLE and no other asset losses you would have

Capela/DAJ
    Tucker
    Gordon
    Harden
    Paul

That roster is good but imbalanced. We don’t have a playable wing as roster is currently constructed. Capela ROLE is what is looked at as replaceable. Not the player. His ROLE is replaceable with no loss of assets and he can be used to shore up holes. He is a premier rim rolling rebounding switchable center on a great contract. But we can replace the rim rolling rim protecting role with better size and ft% with no asset loss.

True assets

Capela
    Shumpert bird rights
    Draft capital

Can turn roster into

DAJ
    Tucker
    Wing
    Harden/ego
    Paul

You essentially have added one more playable roster spot against GSW and replaced Capela role and rebalanced the roster

tycoonchip likes this.
  4. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Good analysis, and well thought out. I would caution on the use of the word 'easily' above. If it were 'easy' to replace the skills/role of centers, they wouldn't get the salary they do. Although that seems to be changing, and maybe more are coming around to your point of view (note Nerlens Noel not finding any takers).

BallaDoc likes this.
  5. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Uh Zion??? Look I'm not serious... but Wtf

I'm not following serious enough to find hidden gems, but I wouldn't trust the Rockets to find it...

*Looks at op handle... Nm

6. Ratman

Ratman Member

Id say late first early second, i just think hes better than he gets credit i suppose, definitely wouldnt take him right after the non lottery bbut hed be a wonderful fit...

7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Amen.

8. SandboxRocket

SandboxRocket Member

I don't know if it's possible in multi-team trade with the Pelicans, but Cam Reddish fits what we need in a wing, Height, Shooting and can attack the basket and the passing lanes. Pretty impossible I know.

9. ball king23

ball king23 Member

i am with you on Hero and on RUI or who ever you would want as a mid level 1 round pick

10. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Damn straight trade Capela! I'll help pack the bags too

11. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

Not a position of need, but Purdue guard Carsen Edwards currently has a 2nd round grade. No one impressed me in the last NCAA Tournament more than Edwards with his hustle and pressure performance in crunch time. Look the NBA draft has been a crap shoot for a decade, but drafting outside the lottery it is these types of players I'd be looking for if I was an NBA GM. Either that or go the international route

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

So we trying to be repeat D LEAGUE champions cause DanAndToni don't play rookies

Rocket River