1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2019 NBA Finals: Golden State Warriors vs. Toronto Raptors

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., May 25, 2019.

?

Golden State Warriors vs. Toronto Raptors

Poll closed May 30, 2019.
  1. Warriors in 4

8.9%
  2. Warriors in 5

28.3%
  3. Warriors in 6

25.6%
  4. Warriors in 7

3.3%
  5. Raptors in 7

24.4%
  6. Raptors in 6

8.3%
  7. Raptors in 5

0.6%
  8. Raptors in 4

0.6%
  1. rocks123

rocks123 Member

i want GSW to win because i still want rockets to be the first team to beat them in a series. but i lowkey support raptors. and please kawhi stay there. i dont want to see you in the west.

2. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Warriors in 6. Curry wins his first Finals MVP.

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

If Boogie is able to come back at full strength I think the Warriors have a chance.

pippendagimp likes this.
  4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i have a lot of respect for TOR fans, standing out there cheering like maniacs. i also feel for lowry, this is probably his only chance ever to win a title. but realistically, the raptors are not winning. btw, anyone know about the status on OG Anunoby?

Patience likes this.
  5. rocks123

rocks123 Member

i think if gsw win, klay will get FMVP as a consolation prize for missing out all nba team and the super max.

JumpMan likes this.
  6. shlhl

shlhl Member

Mark Gasol is part of their success not just kwasi.

7. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

If the Raptors can sweep Curry's leg, then they have a chance.

"SWEEP THE LEG!"

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  8. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

That's all the Canadians deserve, nothing more.

9. biina

biina Member

Raptor got the edge on the bucks by pushing the pace forcing Bud to take Mirotic out of the starting five. That is going to be counter productive against the Warriors who play at an even faster pace without Durant. Raptors need to slow the game down a lot to have a chance

Giannis struggled to make plays with the ball in his hands. Green is a different animal altogether and is more effective than a lot of PGs in the league.

Lowry and Green are going to spend a lot of energy chasing Curry and Klay around (Curry wont be making the boneheaded plays that Bledsoe was repeatedly making), while Klay, Draymond and Iguodala will likely take turns guarding Kawhi.

Without KD, Kawhi should have it easy defensively and hopefully can be more productive offensively.

Will be interesting to see if Raptors can keep Gasol on the court against the faster GSW.

Kerr is not Bud and will make adjustments if needed. Like him or not, you dont win 3 championships if you cant make adjustments.

10. BigBum

BigBum Member

Gasol ibaka siakam are gonna kill GS.

11. VanityHalfBlack

Drake>Splash Brothers.

12. biina

biina Member

How? In case you missed it, GS have enough bigs (Green, Looney, Bogut, Jones, Bell, Jerebko) to matchup if needed.

But more importantly, those Raptor bigs have to be able to stay on the court cos GS are adept at exploiting bigs and forcing you to go small.

13. Cloudx9

Cloudx9 Member

Jeremy Lin will put the Raptors over the top. Nobody can cheer from the bench like Lin.

14. BigBum

BigBum Member

Durant is almost done in playoffs. Do you know?

15. biina

biina Member

and GSW dont need Durant to beat Raptors.

There is a reason GSW are -currently -310 to win the finals and favored to sweep

16. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

I got warriors to win in 6 at +250

17. jaiaguilar

jaiaguilar Member

I'm rooting for the Raptors. If Kawhi pulls it off he'll be put up there as one of the greats of the game. And would love to see someone else take the Championship.

18. biina

biina Member

I think he would be able to pull it off if he had a quality wingman. Lowry and Siakam are not good enough imo.

19. RocketDream

RocketDream Member

I don't think the Warriors are much worse at their top level without Durant--the Curry-hub offense is as good or better and Loony in for Durant doesn't cause too much defensive fall-off. If the Warriors were replacing Durant with a decent 3&D wing, I'd say they wouldn't skip a beat.

But they're not replacing Durant, they're simply losing him--it leaves them very shallow roster-wise. Whereas the Raptors are deep. When the Warriors go to their "junk lineups" (some combo of Livingston, Cook, Bell, Bogut, McKinney, Jerebko with Klay Thompson as the only starter), the Raptors will punish them more for it than Portland did.

I think it'll be a bunch of closely contested games, but I still have the Warriors in 6. That said, I wouldn't be shocked if the Raptors beat the Durant-less Warriors.

20. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

My heart says Raptors in 6 but my brain says Warriors in 5.

BruceAndre and smp like this.