1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The difference between Harden and superstars

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Senator, May 12, 2019.

1. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Difference between harden and others is the others have nicer sneaker and shoe deals.

If you sub par then you gotta be doing all type of shiet to promote your self and brand.

2. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

Obviously Harden was, overall, highly productive against GS, and these Williams comparisons are a joke. The late game disappearances are a disturbing trend, but what I found even more disconcerting was the report that, an hour after game 6, he was telling reporters that it was "a pretty good season for us." Was that report confirmed??

It's easy to overreact to a quote, but can you ever imagine MJ, Kobe, or even LeBron telling reporters that, after an elimination game where you disappeared down the stretch against a weakened team you really shouldv'e beaten, after the same team eliminated you year after year, that the season was pretty good??

3. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Harden actually played much better against GSW this time around than he did last season. I think if he was playing at this level last season we might have beaten them.

The one area of concern we have to be honest about is his penchant for shrinking in big moments, especially from the free throw line. He has missed far too many critical free throws to put games away or to keep us in it and this happened often against GSW. For a guy who shoots FTs with such consistency, there really is no explanation I can think of outside of nerves and it is a concern as Curry, Thompson, etc. Have overcome that and are decidedly confident late game.

4. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

Huh? 82.5% FT against GS vs 86% regular season. On the 60 or so FTs he took in the GS series, that difference is one or two misses. I think you're making up an issue where there isn't one.

5. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

'fraud'en harden had to elevate in absence of Trevor ariza, a bonafide world champion!

So yes, his game was better but like his shoes, rocket results was still ugly!

6. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly....! notice how every player that has been mentioned has always been surrounded by other All Stars. While we force ours to be a one man Army. We're the "3rd" largest city or about to be so says our current owner. We claim to have a large Market and China Sales. But we treat our star and roster like it is a G league team. I really wish Les sold our team to Oprah Winfrey! If Oprah called out the refs people would actually listen.

7. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Olympic gold needs to be short term goal since everything is global now.

Everything is global and international competition. Time to take this lost and move to Jeff van gundy and fiba basketball.

I miss the old rockets coach Jeff van gundy

8. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

We are the most threatening team to them... so yeah they hate us.

9. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Harden is a legit superstar who carried our offense all the way till the end. I appreciate what he brought this season. I wish he hit his damn free throws in game 6 though...

10. jowman

jowman Member

Don’t think there’s anything deficient in harden as a superstar. winning the game and series is about the team beating the other team. When the team is all time great you can’t count on one guy to do it alone. **** happens and rockets lost.

Warriors are the superior franchise in every way. You can say Durant was injured but the GS bench players were trained to be ready, while our coach stuck stubbornly with his guys even if they didn’t work. The team also had depth throughout the year not to run their guys into the ground.

Harden scored 30 or more in most games in the series while creating offense for others as well, he also did so throughout the season. In g6 he put up big numbers but was quiet down the stretch. Could’ve been more active maybe he was tired and didn’t have anything left. Gs stars were bad in other games but as always are capable of going supernova and it happened to happen in game 6. That’s just how the cookie crumbles. Harden being the leader deserves some of the blame. But hard to say He’s not a true superstar because we’ll never know what the other stars would’ve done in his shoes under the same exact circumstances. I do think it’s unlikely he wins in Houston, but in a good situation on another team he could win one as the number one guy.

11. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Harden and Rockets are the most hated superstar and team in NBA, respectively, and a lot of non-Rockets fans take extreme joy in seeing Houston fall to GSW. But that's the exact same reason everyone else get a pass: because they are not contenders. They don't even try to challenge GSW. It seems like they are just waiting the GSW's dynasty to end.

I am 100% positive Rockets could get past GSW both last year and this one by tweaking regular season offense a bit.

12. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Most of basketball fans want to beat Warriors...

They hate us wasting good opportunity again and again.

MorningZippo likes this.
  13. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Lol ur wrong here bro. Take Lillard for example n him being trapped. He not walking it up n still looks horrible n turning it over like crazy. They trap harden as soon as he crosses half court alot of times. No ther player gets done like this. Maybe curry now but u cant really trap a guy with 3 other allstars so I cant count him. May I ask u what does hurrying up the court into a trap do for u then analyzing what the d is doing.....

Now do get me wrong I do agree he does that sometime at a point in late game where time is runn in ng out were I wish he would hurrying it up.

That I hate n agree with.

14. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

Look Durant only recently stepped up and improved his game right before he left the Thunder (namely because he couldn't win a championship without SIGNIFICANT help). Durant was a slightly better scorer who improved his defense and started to depend more on his shot than the calls of the refs in the playoffs.

Harden has significantly improved from just depending on calls from the refs to actually making shots. He REALLY needs to improve shooting off the ball because this lack of ball movement is really hurting the Rockets. If we don't have CP3 helping with the offensive load, we're doomed. :/

15. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

It’s just mental, and imo also a little fatigue mixed with an annoying lack of offensive diversity.

everyday eddie and JW86 like this.
  16. JW86

JW86 Member

Yup, watch the Bucks if you want to look what a smarter version of our 3pt and lay-up fetish looks like. Harden does have to be called out for it though. Look how Kawhi just wills his team to two victories now and he plays defense much harder.

dkim1984 likes this.
  17. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Did I just enter the Twilight Zone? What on earth does that have to do with my response to someone else regarding Lou Williams and James Harden?

18. dwhite

dwhite Member

He always struggles with free throws at the biggest moments, like the last one he missed that would have sealed up the 2nd seed in OKC. However, he is human, and just thinks too much and tries too hard sometimes. Nothing wrong with that.

19. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

You stated Lou's team and James's team both ended the season the same. Im pointing out that everyone has lost to the Warriors. If I misunderstood your point, my bad.

deb4rockets likes this.
  20. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

You mistake me for a Harden antagonist. I am not. I love him as a player and think much of his reputation is unfair. But playing the statistics game here is sheer dishonesty - the eye test in critical games vs. GSW cannot be denied. Heck, we might have won game 6 had Harden not missed as many crucial FTs in the game as he did. But he did, and Curry didn't miss his.

DaDakota likes this.