1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets fire Jeff Bzdelik

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, May 18, 2019.

1. treyk3

treyk3 Member

If you can’t learn something from one of the most winningest coaches in NBA history you’re not NBA quality. Everyone can learn something from anyone.

Pringles and MorningZippo like this.
  2. today

today Contributing Member

Heard anything recently on DeAndre Jordan?

3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Really appreciate @Codman and @Nook's posts in this thread. Very interesting stuff. Thanks guys!

Nook likes this.
  4. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

So we lost a very good defensive coach. He could of chose to extend his tenure with us, but did not. That speaks for itself!!

5. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

He said “play defense”. Jordan is horrid defensively

6. topfive

topfive CF OG

I think of Tilman as the perfect Rockets' draft analogy: He's a mid-1st-rounder who was sadly disappointing during his rookie season.

Hopefully he'll learn from his mistakes and improve next season. It's a shame we can't send him down to the Vipers for him to learn the job in a lower-stakes setting.

xiki and Hakeemtheking like this.
  7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Organization rot starts from the top down. That offseason move #1 was to "fire" Bzdelik speaks a lot as to the potential direction this organization is heading.

Plenty of time to turn it around... but not a promising start.

cheke64 and saleem like this.
  8. topfive

topfive CF OG

This. Totally this. Nothing else to it.

Rox grudgingly asked Biglydick back last year because they panicked after the horrible start. When he refused to commit to next year, they decided it would be stupid to wait him out instead of looking for a good replacement.

#288 topfive, May 19, 2019
    Last edited: May 19, 2019
  9. Vivi

Vivi Member

Just realized J.B was a free agent at this point (just read he'll assist the new coach of the Cavs), imagine if the Rockets would've signed him after letting Jeff go, this place would've melted :D

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Good leave

Tfor3 and Vivi like this.
  11. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

@cheke64

[​IMG]

12. Nook

Nook Member

Messina can certainly learn from MDA. Messina is a brilliant coach in his own right... however if he wants to be an NBA head coach, he needs to learn to not be a dick.

treyk3 likes this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah that’s not exactly what happened but okay.

MiddleMan likes this.
  14. Vivi

Vivi Member

I think that wouldn't be an issue, i just don't see a fiba coach being a dick once he becomes headcoach in the nba for the first time, like, i could've see some problems with a guy like Obradovic but there's a reason he didn't even try to coach in the nba lol, and it's not like Messina is that kind of coach. He could learn how to deal with our guys one year earlier, that's a good point, but still, i don't see him jump here unless he basically gets the job for the next season.

15. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

I like your theory about Tilman. It's this part about Morey that bothers me. Why couldn't Morey say, "Jeff really wanted to retire last year, and we dragged him back, but this time we're just gonna have to accept his decision. He's been terrific, and we wish him well."

When Morey traded Beverley, he let Bev tell everyone that he had asked to be traded. Why no similar courtesy here?

JW86 and MiddleMan like this.
  16. Nook

Nook Member

I agree with you that Messina isn’t taking the job unless he thinks it helps him get an NBA head coaching job. I can tell you the reason he isn’t a HC yet is related to his skills handling people. He should have been a head coach in the NBA years ago.

pippendagimp and Vivi like this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

6. I liked your points but CP3 will never become Nash, Nash was a very swift and fast player, shooting from long range was his forte.

He ran a lot more than Chris ever will.

18. Nook

Nook Member

Entirety depends on why they decided to not bring him back and who replaces him.

HP3 likes this.
  19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i also became a fan of mute lately and its quite a decent experience... only a few months back i couldn't even imagine watching a game without announcers..

malakas and smp like this.
  20. smp

smp Member

Haha. I can’t listen to Hubie Brown. That guy grated on my nerves. The players only broadcasts are terrible too. I like Mark Jackson and JVG the best by far.

malakas likes this.