1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My source: Rockets to Fire MDA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dwhite, May 11, 2019.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Maybe Fertitta thought about it, not hard enough, and decided to keep him for now.

2. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Lock up your sunglasses :eek:

sushimaster likes this.
  3. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I really think the owner is about to make a rookie owner mistake. Lame duck coach, will turn on him quickly, fire him mid season and the season will be wasted.

I really hope not, but that's what it's shaping up to be. Give the man an extension or let him resign.

Invisible Fan and malakas like this.
  4. Nivos

Nivos Member

Maybe they'll give Bzdeleck the reign.
    He needs a chance as a head coach.
    Players respect him for not allowing them to slack. I think he deserves it. Although I really like Dantoni

Jeff Bzdelik likes this.
  5. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

I like MDA & think he can get us to a championship. But a few things:

1) We really missed Trevor & Luc this year. Not just because they're good defensively, but they're long & play defense without fouling. Also they're high IQ players

2) MDA handling of Carmelo set the tone for the year. They basically crapped over Melo when they should've been implementing him in the system

3) Faried should've been put back in the lineup after KD went down. If Kerr can trust Bogut & Looney, MDA should've trusted Faried. The Warriors played their bench & we couldn't match their energy

4) Harden isn't the guy to take us to a championship. He doesn't have that extra gear guys like Kawhi have that lay it all out. Great regular season player but doesn't play the same when the chips are down

Crashlanded19 and lw17 like this.
  6. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There ya go. Offer Becky Hammon her first Head Coaching job. She has 5 years as an assistant under one of the best coaches in the league, played pro ball for years, and knows what it takes to win championships from her own experience.

Here is an Paul Gasol's perspective on why he feels she is ready and capable of that position.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/pau-gasol-becky-hammon

#126 deb4rockets, May 18, 2019
    Last edited: May 18, 2019
    charlieaustin and snowconeman22 like this.
  7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I would like to see Billups as the new coach. Yes, he doesn't have coaching experience, but he is a NBA Champion with a high IQ. He can relate to the players and keep them accountable.

deshen likes this.
  8. topfive

topfive CF OG

Biglydick already had a chance as head coach of an NBA team. In that regard, he's a known commodity.

If we make a switch, I'd rather see it go to a new guy with all the right qualifications and qualities.

9. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Just askin' - - do you even have a handle on whether he is returning to Rox or returning to retirement?

10. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

11. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

We all know, Daryl. Congrats on being 2nd best team every year. We also know that no one will remember us if we don't win a championship.

TheRealist137, sammy, Sajan and 2 others like this.
  12. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

True. Daryl needs to grab 4 all stars like the rest of the league and make it an "almost" even fair fight

napalm06 and hakeem94 like this.
  13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

so yall actually blaming morey for not getting these guys?
    [​IMG]

14. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

LOL

15. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

If you include 2016 doesn't look as great

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

Maybe next year...

Still on the Becky Hammon/Spurs wagon. (2nd spoiler)
    Too bad they missed out on Budenholzer (1st time when he was a Spurs assistant and 2 years too late (next year) leaving Atlanta for Milwaukee.)

Would still trade non-existent first round pick for Brad Stevens, Stan Van Gundy, Mike Budenholzer, Erik Spoelstra, Rick Carlisle, Terry Stotts, Steve Clifford

Man, I was high on SVG in 2015-16. :D:oops:o_O
    And I would have traded a 1st for Clifford & Stotts? Damn. :eek::D

Warriors hired Kerr, good to great in year one.
    Bucks hired Bud, good to great in year one.

So what other jobs (along with potentially the Rockets) might open in the next calendar+ year?

Kings (Just hired Luke Walton but we'll see how that case shakes out and Kings have quick trigger)

Suns (Just hired Monty Williams but Suns could Sun and get tired of him after a year)

Lakers (Just hired Frank Vogel but LerBon or Jason Kidd could have him out the door just as he's getting in.)

Jazz (Could Quin Snyder be on the "hot seat" if they say lose again in the first round next year?)

Blazers (Terry Stotts, coming off a WCF appearance this year but again, say if they lose in the first round next year?)

Thunder (Billy Donovan going into the final year of his deal I think and almost destined to take the fall barring a deep/surprise run)

Nuggets (Michael Malone; don't think so but you never know. Also, see Jazz/Blazers.)

Spurs (Popovich retirement? Probably not but it's coming in the next 3-5 years IMO)

Pelicans (Zion, new/rebuilding roster, new GM, possible New Orleans decides to move on from Gentry)

Wizards (Scott Brooks; Rebuilding? Not rebuilding? Also have a new GM.)

Magic (Steve Clifford; don't think so but mediocre/bad franchise & bad franchises have quick triggers)

Hornets (James Borrego; see Magic, Suns, Kings)

Cavs (LerBon fires him. Just hired John Beilein; don't think so but maybe says NBA isn't for me/what I thought)

Bulls (Jim Boylen; see Hornets, Magic, Suns, Kings)

Raptors (Nick Nurse; don't think so but that whole team could blow up; even so, they may be OK with him as he is a former G-League coach.)

Sixers (Brett Brown; surprised he wasn't fired this year; 99% sure (99 is not 100% :D) it's make or break year for him next year.

So I listed half of the NBA. ;)

I'd say I'm only "sure" of the Sixers & Thunder jobs opening (barring a surprise/deep run, which I suppose could happen, more so for the Sixers than Thunder.)

everyday eddie likes this.
  17. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Daryl Morey arrogance is really dumb, you can't put numbers vs other teams.
    Other teams won't trade with you, if you continue your arrogance.

Jeff Luhnow is the best GM by far in Houston, very humble, in trades he gives fair value for All Star talent that still produce. Other GMs respect him around the League. Jeff Luhnow scouts personally, saw and met a poor Carlos Correa in his broken home, believed in his talent, Carlos Correa became ROY, an All Star

While Daryl Morey is hated around the League. Stop talking on Twitter and go scout.

Justin Verlander is 36 I believe and still going strong, still a All Star - Chris Paul at 33 is so injury prone and broken

Rox Addict and Sajan like this.
  18. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

without looking I'd imagine if we include the above mention teams records for 2016 it probably wouldn't look that great for them as well tho

19. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Yep.. Becky could be on my team too

20. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

OP's source mixed up MDA and Bzdelik