1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Raptor or Bucks better equipped to dethrone Warriors?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mastan, May 13, 2019.

1. mastan

mastan Member

My season has been devastated by the Rockets.. only thing that can give me some solace is if any team can beat GS..I hate GS as much as i hated Sonics... these are my 2 most hated teams. The 2 players I hated/hate most are Gary Payton and Draymond Green.

I hope eastern conference champion can give me the solace...not have much confidence in Blazers (specially with Nurkic & Hood injury) but will root for them or anybody for that matter.

lw17 likes this.
  2. amaru

amaru Member

Neither has much of a chance. I'd say the Raptors might have a slightly better chance of taking it to 6 games.

I see gentleman sweeps for GSW in the next few rounds though.

lw17 likes this.
  3. Vivi

Vivi Member

Bucks for me, i think Giannis and Lopez can be a big problem for the Warriors, plus they have guards who can attack Curry. I feel like against the Raptors it would be a Kawhi vs the world show, Lowry is just too old and not good enough, Green is ok, Gasol would be killed just like against us, Siakam would be guarded by Draymond...

hou$tonScrew$tonTX, HP3 and mikol13 like this.
  4. lionaire

lionaire Member

Neither but if I had a choose someone to pull up a miracle I'm putting my money on Kawhi. That mans been in his bag these playoffs.

lw17 likes this.
  5. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I think the Bucks win the title this year. Defense, shooters, Giannis. Very well rounded team.

mastan, Vivi, lw17 and 3 others like this.
  6. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Agreed 100%. The Bucks present a lot of problems for any team. Lopez being able to hit that three ball and all the versatile defenders they have...Let's put it this way. Although, I'd favor the Warriors bc they are the Warriors...I wouldn't be entirely surprised if the Bucks end up beating the living crap out of them.

Vivi likes this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

Bucks

the only one u can really trust on the Raptors is Kawhi

he had to do it all just to get by Philly

lw17 and HP3 like this.
  8. csnerd84

csnerd84 Member

I give Bucks a chance.

TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  9. riko

riko Member

If they don’t get Durant back the Bucks will beat them as he might be the only offsetting answer they have for that greek freak

10. HROZ

HROZ Member

Bucks

Giannis is something we've never seen before

11. biina

biina Member

Problem is Bucks will likely be like deers in headlights in the finals and it would be over before they realize it

BigShasta, jboslett and lw17 like this.
  12. NateNate

NateNate Member

Am I in the minority that wants to see the Warriors win it all? For selfish reasons of course. My dream scenario when the season started (wasn't wishing this) was KD gets injuried and GS still wins the title easily without him. Of course this is if the Rockets couldn't beat them. I hated KD so much for his move to GS that I thought this would be a way to make him feel un-needed and would make him look even worse for the move. That's how much it still bothers me. Also I want the Rockets to be able to say they're the only team that put up a real fight against GS. It's extremely Petty and in the end we're still losers but as much grief as the Rockets get I figured at least they'll have that.

BigShasta and napalm06 like this.
  13. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Bucks.
    Giannis is special, they have size on the wing and bigs that can shoot. More importantly they're a top defensive club who play on a string. They're built like the Rockets should be given their philosophy. I like the Bucks in 6 vs the Warriors.

mastan likes this.
  14. malakas

malakas Member

The only chance for any team to beat them is if KD becomes pissed off that they are enjoying so much playing without him, and he player tanks the finals.

15. Jontro

Jontro Member

maybe raptors and bucks could join forces to defeat the evil oakland and its pet donkey.

mastan and lw17 like this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I would love a Game 7 though in the Finals just like the Lake Show vs Boston.

I think it is a year too early for the Bucks but you never know. Playoff Kawhi is ridiculous though too.

17. hou$tonScrew$tonTX

If only your logic made sense. The Clippers took a healthier GSW team to 6, so they already have the Rockets beat when it comes to putting up a fight. We couldn’t beat Klay, Dray and scrubs in the first half of G6, so if anything we will be remembered as clowns from that standpoint.

mastan likes this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They look like clowns because Houston ppl gave public interviews about being obsessed and saying 'Bring on the Worriers, they ain't that good.'

Hadn't they done it, it would just be a more talented squad beating the 2nd best or 3rd best Squad.

If you go to the media, you better have something to back it up.

malakas likes this.
  19. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Bucks are a better team, but I believe Raptors are better suited to beat the Warriors.

20. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Neither team has a chance. Rockets are the closest by far, and half of Clutchfans wants to blow the team up.

jcf likes this.