1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season 8

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sajan, Jan 4, 2018.

1. smokieethabear

This is clearly all Jon Snow's fault. Kings Landing wouldn't have burned. Arya would've killed Cersei or they would've captured her and made her do another walk of shame. All would've been good in Westeros if he had just banged his aunt. She didn't go crazy cause she wanted the throne and saw her closest girlfriend get beheaded. She went crazy cause she practically threw herself at Jon the day before and got rejected. Poor Dany, all she wanted was some D to calm to nerves.

FLASH21 and snowconeman22 like this.
  2. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Drogo is going to reset and no one will aggro him next episode. They will kind of forget that they even had a dragon for the last episode. Subverting expectations.

3. hooroo

hooroo Member

4. Vivid

Vivid Member

5. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

He's been through a lot too. He's going through an identity crisis and recently discovered he's been banging his hot aunt. He can't fake being ready to bang her. She could have put more effort into it: tickle the balls some or at least get nekkid. After all he's been through, a few kisses wasn't enough to get him in the mood.

smokieethabear, BigM and justtxyank like this.
  6. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I think the mad Queen could give Drogo the command to burn Jon Snow alive and it won't because he's family. There may be others with Jon (e.g. Tyrion) when she gives the order who are also spared. Then, the tables will turn against the Queen. I could see the story going somewhere along this route.

7. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

She went mad when Missandae said "drycarus" and then got her head chopped off. Grey worm did as well and it was already confirmed when Dany gave him whatever that was of Missandaes and he threw it in the fire.

Cut out scene of Jon and Dany. Dany set fire to the Earth and then Jon practicing his swordsmanship.

8. Roscoe Arbuckle

Stupid Stupid Stupid, and I haven't really liked GoT in the first place.

Disappointed so many people said this was a great show and got me to waste hours of my life.

9. cebu

cebu Member

More D
    Dragon has no place in Westeros without Dany. Jon does not even want to keep ghost, so a dragon? it's either Dany and the dragon, or they both die.

10. cml750

cml750 Member

11. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Procreation rules the nation.

12. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

I think it has still been an epic season...it's so strange that Dany turned into a psycho...after everything. It needed more build up for her to change who she was so much over a short period of time. Or something more dramatic. Still some great tension/action thou.

13. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

I wonder how many of the people that paid 200 bucks for Emilia Clarke's autograph over the weekend are regretting it now that she turns out to be the ultimate baddie in the story rather than one of the heroes.

MiddleMan likes this.
  14. Roscoe Arbuckle

People pay $200 for an autograph?!?

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

To me, the issue with the final two seasons is how different the pacing is compared to the first seasons. The difference is really jarring. Besides, some of the best parts of the show are character interactions when they are taking a long time going from point A to point B, sometimes not even getting where they plan on going or finding what they are looking for (example: Arya's scenes with the Hound on their journey together).

Then again, real-life constraints of running a very expensive HBO show probably do not allow the show to continue at that pace.

As for Dany-- Yes, there has always been signs of madness and cruelty in her, but never like this where she isn't even showing a bit of compassion for the innocent.

16. cebu

cebu Member

c'mon. houston fans are classy.

17. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

MiddleMan likes this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

What happened to folks seeing another Dragon and possibly Tyrion on its back, a myth?

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

MiddleMan likes this.
  20. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Nah man the best part of the show was how they would develop a character (or entire wedding party) and cut them down when you wouldn’t expect it. Red wedding cake was delicious. All the glorious deaths, murders in this show and the b**** of all conniving b****es spends the whole episode resigning to fate and doesn’t even get blown up by fire. Jamie doesn’t kill her he really just loved her??? Like what has his whole redemption bit been about for 4 seasons? Fk all my personal growth I’m gonna go get crushed by bricks with my sis? Tyrion doesn’t kill her. Arya. Sansa. Dany on a dragon doing work on literally everyone else in town. NOBODY EVEN KILLS HER???? That’s why.

And it isn’t rushed, they’ve slow played the **** out this last season plus. Now it’s coming to the end and it feels like we should’ve seen this already. How are they possibly going to tie up this massive turd in just one more episode?

snowconeman22 likes this.