1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul is actually tradable

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bevo202, May 12, 2019.

1. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Do they have the ability to stand still for 20 seconds, recieve a pass from Harden, and then fire off a contested 3 accurately?

Y2JT likes this.
  2. ballsohard

ballsohard Member

Not sure but I will say this . We need to get younger and more athletic. Would you trade Paul with 160 left for Ingram and hart

3. BigDikNENE

BigDikNENE Member

i really do not want to help bron and the lakers lol

4. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

He's movable in the same way Brock Osweiler is movable. You're going to have to give extra compensation for someone to eat that salary.

5. MD_in_Training

Help? Trading them CP3 is not helping them...

6. Asian Sensation

This.

If we move Paul what PG are we getting back in return? Don’t say but Harden is our PG. it’s been proven over and over that he is a ball stopper with a terrible Assist to turnover ratio. 33 assists to 23 turnovers in the series against the Warriors. That’s gotta be a record for worst ratio amongst all guards. Even the biggest Harden nut hugger has to admit they’re tired of his ISO ball.

If we’re smart we’re keeping Paul and actually letting him do what he was brought here for. Run the offense and be primary ball handler. Harden needs to learn how to move and play without the ball being in his hands 90% of the time.

7. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Only if we have a new system...

Denovo, ballsohard and kjayp like this.
  8. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I actually think Boston might be the best scenario for a CP3 trade. Gordon Hayward for Paul straight up works, although other concessions would probably need to be made. Celts do it because Kyrie and Rozier both leave and they get the perfect veteran PG to build around Tatum, Brown, Smart, etc. We do it because we need to trade Gordon to get Butler, and Hayward becomes the perfect outside shooter to pair with Harden and/or the vital 6th man off the bench. He'll be 2 years removed from that horrible injury and should regain his mojo.

Ainge probably wouldn't do this normally, but after the Bucks wiped them out early he needs to bring in a vet who can lead and distribute the ball. CP3 can still do that and would fit better in Boston's system as the main ball handler.

Probably not going to happen, but something interesting to consider.

Bo6 and MC31B like this.
  9. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

I would do this deal in a heartbeat then trade Gordon/Tucker/4 + 1st rounders for AD.

PG - Rivers
    SG - Harden
    SF - Hayward
    PF - Davis
    C - Capella

10. Rasheed

Rasheed Member

Please get rid of Capela.

11. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

In all seriousness. Why do you think this? What gives you the confidence that with this group we will go all the way ?

12. ballsohard

ballsohard Member

I agree dantoni needs to go. Sad thing is montrez would still be riding the bench here. I worked like to see mark Jackson here but that's just me

Shark44 likes this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That is a needed injection of youth and vitality right there though.

14. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I'd like Jackson as the HC and Vandy Gundy as Asst HC Defense--that would be awesome!

ballsohard likes this.
  15. ballsohard

ballsohard Member

Hell yea that would be bad ass

Shark44 likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Keeping Dan Tony is key though but as a low assistant. You need some input on Offense and you strip him off any power of shuffling rotation, calling time outs.

I wouldn't mind Brett Brown.

17. JD88

JD88 Member

17/6/6 on 47% shooting in the playoffs and we have people wanting to trade him...

DVauthrin likes this.
  18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

That would be a hilarious coaching staff. A bunch of castaways fired for all kinds of reasons, broadcasters, and all offense or all defense coaches trying to be frankensteined together into a coaching staff. :D

daywalker02 likes this.
  19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I'm with you, but I think people are also thinking they expected to see more for the money we're paying him.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There is always Brad Stevens, the smart youngster. We were assured his job was secure but you never know. He brings the D.