1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Relax fellows...it will be fine

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SamFisher, May 10, 2019.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

So I confess I did not get home till after halftime and I decided - screw it I will not put myself through the realtime agony again. I record the games so I'll watch later. Either I'll have a free Sunday or not.

I checked the score just now and saw.

It's a game man. A dumb kids game.

I hate our stupid media feedback machine now where I have to read about THE IMPLICATIONS in my mother****ing pocket 24 hours a day and deal with the take industry

**** that. Sports is supposed to be fun.

Tomorrow I'm not logging on, I'm not watching take shows or clips thereof. I'm going to take my older kid to soccer (they don't even officially keep score). It will be sports as fun and there will be no narrative. He might score a goal or might not. Whatever.

See you in awhile.

Hang in there and please don't take it out on anybody you love or anybody at sll.

Ronkol, Lurch, beard4life and 39 others like this.
  2. Bryant2108

Bryant2108 Member

Sports are supposed to be fun. However, we love our team and are f****** pissed to go out to this same team again and again. “Run it back” and all that nonsense. Blow this up, we need to reset. This team doesn’t have the heart (outside of a couple individual players). They need to rethink this philosophy of play and our team. Disheartening.

It’s not life altering or anything, but I am a bit sick of this team not showing up for the biggest games. That’s why we are fans - fanatics. It can still make you upset, it’s obviously not going to take over my life, but when you follow a team for 25+ years... it’s tough

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Yeah, in times like this, you have to step back and realize this **** does not matter. Rooting for the Rockets doesn't affect your money or your family. That's what I have to keep telling myself.

Another thing (Not that I am holding my breath): Dirk came back and won a championship the year after he was humiliated losing to an 8th seed.

I don't have that patience.

4. Fantasma Negro

I'm right there with you bro. I'm out, I think this time for good. These last five years have been a colossal waste of time and resources. I'm not doing this anymore

5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

We agree for once @SamFisher . I’m not upset, I expected this. Didn’t really shock me.

I watched it to appreciate the hustle and fire in tucker, rivers, and harden to some extent .

Told myself the same thing, this is entertainment can’t let it affect me. Stay positive guys

6. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sam -- you're absolutely right. Sports are stupid. We are just spectators and have no impact on the game. If the storyline is not enjoyable, no point in sticking around.

MD_in_Training and SamFisher like this.
  7. max14

max14 Member

Agreed. Rocket's will take the position as the team that won the most games against the Warriors.

Warriors have Curry, Thompson, Green and Freak'ing Durant. Deep down we all know they are a much more talented team and it's not fair to demand Harden to beat them.

Handles, Patience and SamFisher like this.
  8. YallMean

YallMean Member

Thanks.

We will be fine. You don't knick's fans go crazy because knicks not making the playoff.

We are just not good enough.

SamFisher likes this.
  9. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

First thing I did was go tuck in my daughter and kiss her goodnight. I recommend the same, find someone you care about and spend some time with them. Step back from this one bad thing and feel how much else there is in your life. Peace.

CriscoKidd, Zergling, BMoney and 6 others like this.
  10. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Harden and CP3 are going to get massacred by the press for this failure. So we all feel that the Rockets would have won last year if CP3 hadn't gotten hurt in Game 5. Now, we have a dream scenario in which KD gets hurt and can't play Game 6 and we can't even beat the Warriors on our homecourt?? Pathetic and you know, I am not going to have a problem seeing Harden and CP3 get skewered by the media over this latest failure. I find it hard to believe that Trevor Ariza made that big of a difference but maybe he did.

SamFisher and Ubiquitin like this.
  11. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Its the Philosophy that has to change. We need a championship philosophy. We put a team together on the fly. The Warriors had their team the entire year. We need to commit to a team at training camp so that thru the regular season we are getting better

12. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

At least we are not Celtics fans.

Patience, House Rockets and Sajan like this.
  13. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

Yikes many of my recent posts didn’t age well. Clearly it’s disappointing and the front office has some difficult decisions to make this offseason. Also, I like winners and players that play with fire, grit, toughness, focus, clutch genes. May need to blow this up. Sheesh.

14. MD_in_Training

So true. The Nba means nothing. Nothing at all to any of us.

Why are any of us so invested in this money making machine that was designed to extract resources from our pockets? The players get paid, the owners get paid, the media gets paid. The only suckers in this whole thing is us... the fans.

15. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I really don't like saying this but just like the teams that had to deal with Bird and the Celtics and Magic and the Lakers, we are stuck having to deal with the Warriors. Probably our best hope of conquering them in the POST-SEASON is if their team breaks up like Durant leaving and Thompson, too. But then again, they just beat us on our home floor without Durant so we are probably doomed to lose to them as long as they have Curry on their team.

Patience likes this.
  16. Sajan

Sajan Member

Yup. Fans need to take a step back and realize they are the only ones paying for everything. Vote with your dollars.

17. Painting_Shade

Painting_Shade Contributing Member

I'd say blow it up but you cant.

Trade James and don't play Paul for 3 years. That's literally all we can do.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  18. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Good reality check post Sam.

I am not even that upset honestly.

The big reason being that I know my team and its shortcomings.

I dont fall for the yearly MVP MVP MVP hype. I hate the annual campaigning Morey does for MVP award.

I knew we were in trouble the way we started the offseason. The offseason was the most important time for this team coing off of that 7 game series loss.

And Morey absolutely blew it. The rest of the season was playing catch up.

Even then the weaknesses were all there to see; Over relying on Harden, predictable schoolyard offense, cutting corners and saving money instead of spending, average coaching and poor in game adjustments.

I kept hearing that this team is deeper than last. No it wasnt. Just because you add players does not make you deeper. They were outcast and reject players that we picked up because we were too cheap to spend.

The margin of error was very small going up against a very stacked team and we actually got worse this season.

All this being said, I give Rockets credit for fighting and making every game a close one but in the end a 7 game series will expose you and that it did.

We finished as 4th seed and lost to the number 1 seed in 6 games in 2nd round.

Guess what? That's a realistic outcome.

tinman and Patience like this.
  19. MD_in_Training

Trade Capela and Gordon as well

20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

My boys will be disappointed when I tell them in the AM, but it's looking to be a pretty nice day here in Northern VA tomorrow. 60's.

Soccer is at 215. I will watch every freakng second (and not like a "sports parent"). I pledge to not check my goddam phone because even though it's my livelihood- internet, you suck!- and watch the ospreys in the pond if I get bored.

This I swear

Will likes this.