1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kenneth Faried out for "personal reasons"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zergling, May 8, 2019.

1. Roxs-Redemption

Some of us here gotta be careful what they are typing. Give Faried some space and time to do what he needs to do. As you said.

No matter what religious background someone is, you have to respect who they are with their faith and rituals and what the profession means to them, whether it's sports or personal friends we have.

ramotadab likes this.
  2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Most important game coming up, and both House and Faried are gone from the rotation. I wouldn't have predicted that 1 month ago.

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. rockets13champs

With Kd out the rest of the series. We should be able to utilize the PNR more

4. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

I'd rather lose with Faried than watch Capela bobble every pass and panic everytime under the rim.

5. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

lol "can't defend, cant rebound:....are you guys stupid and did you guys not watch the regular season. He was huge in a lot of games, including the big win against GSW....We couldve really used him last game when C**T Capela played like a scared B.
    Dantoni is really weird .... took him 3 games to figure out House was trash, but cant give Faried a shot???

beardsanity713, mastan and hakeem94 like this.
  6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

many ppl crap on kerr but man he always gets an AWESOME play from his bench scrubs...

BeardSanity likes this.
  7. mastan

mastan Member

Because Kerr has the luxury of officials to bail his team out....

Voltik likes this.
  8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No, he can’t.

Remlap likes this.
  9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not really.

10. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Get out KF man.

He is ineffective against the Warriors just like Clint.

11. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Let's be honest here.... is he really a bad option over Capela at the moment?

People say Faried can't defend, but it's not like Capela has been defending well in all these playoffs so far. But I doubt Faried would play well now... he's literally not been playing much, and I blame that on MDA.

mastan and hakeem94 like this.
  12. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Capela's been defending? Nene's been getting scored by Steph at will. If Bogut & Looney get pt Faried can go out there too

edwardc and hakeem94 like this.
  13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

not putting the right energy is a bigger mistake then missing rotations a few times

playing timid is a bigger mistake then being abused couple of times in isolation pnr and whatever

smp likes this.
  14. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Indeed. In the regular season he averaged 12.9 points, 8.2 rebounds, 3.3 offensive rebounds, with a 59% field goal... all from only playing 25 minutes. In the playoffs he's still averaging 4 points, 3.5 rebounds, 0.5 offensive rebounds, with a 69.9% field goal.... all from only playing like 9 minutes.

As I said, is he really a bad option over Capela at this moment? Capela has been well below average in these whole playoffs.

15. Remlap

Remlap Member

Hakeem played in playoffs during Ramadan.
    I remember that. He had been fasting all day and couldn't take a drink until the sun went down.
    Pretty brutal during playoff games when your body needs sustenance

smp and ramotadab like this.
  16. Remlap

Remlap Member

Ramadan lasts 30 days.
    You mean to tell me a professional athlete can excuse himself from playing for 30 days?
    Especially during the playoffs? A team is going to pay someone millions of dollars to disappear
    when they need him most? HAS to be more than just Ramadan

17. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

We just need a roll man whose 1st option is actually going to the rim. Keep trying, do it early, hopefully with an advantage and keep generating contact

18. Vivi

Vivi Member

Faried would probably be a disaster cause his defense is just bad and on offense he's dependant on Harden just like Clint, in a regular situation i wouldn't play him over Clint cause Clint just does everything Faried does but better.

The problem is that in this situation i think Clint is way too passive out there so, i'm not against trying Faried early in the game since i doubt he would play as scared/soft, if he's trash (which is the likely outcome btw) you can still take him out.

So, start Clint, if he sucks take him out and try Kenneth, you can easily give 3/4 minutes to both of them in the first quarter until James comes out, watch if/who works better and roll with that or go small.

19. smp

smp Member

Exactly.

Is he saying he can’t play during Ramadan?

If so, he needs to find a different career. You can’t take a vacation during the playoffs every year. He will never get another contract if that’s the case.

Like you said, there has to be more to it than that.

20. solid

solid Contributing Member

Is he available? And I thought House was cleared to play.