1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Craig Ackerman vs Bay Area media on twitter

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, May 8, 2019.

1. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Well that is why Giannis is the next chosen one, he's a great player, but they are going to make him the face of the league until Zion or someone takes over.

2. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

You could say that Silver fixed the series last season (Foster/Brothers) and Ratings were way down from the previous season when the Warriors met the Cavs again.

3. vince

vince Member

Truth is said in jest...

4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

“Sarcasm...the coward’s lie”

- Captain Raymond Holt

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

And just why does the league have to have a “face?” I guess we can blame Michael Jordan. All the great players before Jordan, those who played during his time, and those after, and none of them were ever as idolized by both the media and the league hierarchy as Jordan. The league has been frantically searching for the next comparable “star” ever since.

That’s the appearance they’ve given me over the years, at least. They fixated on LeBron, a great player, to be sure, but not the media star that Jordan was, and he appeared to be a ring chaser. After more searching, they seem to have chosen a team instead of an individual. The Hampton 5. I may be reaching, but I find the whole idea ridiculous. Dream was, and is, an incredible player, but he wasn’t from the “right city,” and he had no interest in selling $100+ shoes to teenagers. Harden, who plays for the same city Hakeem played for, doesn’t fit the league’s “narrative.” Maybe it’s the beard. I don’t know.

What I do know is that I’m getting sick to death of the leadership in charge of the NBA. I thought Stern was bad, but now I miss the little guy. That’s how bad I think it’s gotten. Sure, they’ll pump up another player to be the “face of the league,” especially if they think Oakland is on a slide downhill and that Durant, an honest to god great player and superstar, might jump ship. Why can’t we just have great basketball, played by the best players in the world, with the best and most fair referees the league can find? What a concept. Under Silver, it’ll never happen.

BallSoHarden likes this.
  6. awc713

awc713 Member

is it within clutchfans' budget to overnight a body bag for the GSW media members on behalf of Craig?

7. SemisolidSnake

You couldn't care less, you illiterate dunce. </pet peeve>

napalm06 likes this.
  8. Zergling

Zergling Member

#PlayoffAckerman

9. Landsdale

Landsdale Member

I think Giannias vs Beard In the finals would get great ratings

vince, napalm06 and Sajan like this.
  10. Sajan

Sajan Member

Yes. MVP vs. MVP.

Landsdale likes this.
  11. vince

vince Member

I think the National reaction after game 1 and the criticism of the officiating is going to keep the fix from being so blatant.

The Rockets aren’t thuggish, they play tough. The criticism which has been coaxed by the ESPN talking heads, is going to turn into massive respect by the viewers. Man seeing Harden play with that eye, is admirable. Most of us would be staying home from work recovering.

You can only insult an individuals intelligence so much, before they call you on the BS.

12. Bobby Jackson Rules

What an easy way to give an excuse to something crazy thing you said. "I WAS JUST JOKING". Even a media guy can say that lol.

13. Classic

Classic Member

The league screwed themselves not going to a best of 16 format after LeBron moved west. Who gives a **** about Bottom feeders out east Detroit or Orlando? Those teams are garbage. What we’re witnessing may well be the best playoff series and it’s the second round and that’s simultaneous with the integrity hit, IMO, the league takes after game 1.

14. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

15. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Man this is truly getting ugly. Read the thread. This guy Clinton is arguing with is a piece of work and I’m being nice. He’s crapping all over the city and the Rockets.

Vivi and pippendagimp like this.
  16. Hard_foul

Hard_foul Member

This is what I was thinking today. A battle of the two guys that fought all year to stay on top for the mvp. And, the two best players in the league this season.

17. Hard_foul

Hard_foul Member

I’m no expert on this stuff. But I’d be willing to bet the Houston economy can hang with anyone.

mikol13 likes this.