1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SPOILERS THREAD] Avengers: Endgame

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Juxtaposed Jolt, Apr 27, 2019.

1. rage

rage Member

A question: How did Iron man take the gauntlet from Thanos at the end ? It seems one second, it was on Thanos's hand and the next, it was on Tony's.

2. marky :)

marky :) Member

Guessing the gauntlet was made with the same nano technology as his suit which let him interact with the gauntlet quickly.

vlaurelio, hvic and htownrox1 like this.
  3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Spiderman: Far From Home is supposed to be pick up immediately after the events of of Endgame.

4. justtxyank

Yes so much this. This was my immediate reaction to the snap logic and I said it in here. The plan is awful and was done specifically because of the selfishness of Tony Stark. (In reality they did it this way because it created a really awesome scene where everyone comes back to fight but work with me haha)

Stark didn't want to erase his daughter so he made it clear he would help bring everyone back, to "now" but NOT undo what's happened since because he didn't want to lose what he'd found. The "right" thing to do would be to snap everything back to the way it was.

This "snap" result would ruin the world. Maybe this is what Phase 4 will explore. That tv show about the airplane that goes missing and comes back explores this on a micro-level. Guess what? It's a crappy situation for the hundred people or so and their families who come back. Now that's happening to the entire world?

5. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I had cap dying with stark setting off into the sun. Completely backwards!

Good movie though. AWorthy effort for something so massive.

Not specifically replying to you but the “phase 4” post-SnapBack world is definitely a monster question moving forward, I imagine they’ve already addressed it in their meeting rooms. Maybe a new source of strife with which to develop new characters? At any rate, I do seem to remember articles about Endgame changing everything going forward. Maybe this new reality is the reference.

I have a guess for a few characters going forward. Thor is obvious, a stint with GotG. Loki obviously still in play there as well since his duplicate stole the tesseract. Although that’s probably a wrap for GotG at a trilogy so hard to tell if the demigods get back to their own feature films again. I don’t think they’ll “replace” captain America with Falcon Sam. I think he’ll be more in support of whoever’s movie it is rather than a lead man. Kinda basically who he is now with a shiny new suit. Hulk will be around in some form too, in support as well. I think they’ll use Wakanda’s resources to rebuild civilization, BP obviously involved there. Captain Marvel is so damned OP and I can’t imagine them raising the stakes past half the universe. I think outside of the CM films it would be hard to write another “team” where she’s just gonna fly in and save the day in the first 5 minutes of the movie...but she’s also the big swinging SHE now, unless they’re going to WAY elevate scarlet witch’s character. So that’s a tough call. Would be ok with daughter Hawkeye but unless it’s another flashback style movie to incorporate their backstories into the MCU I’m fine with Hawkeye/Black Widow being done. Even then I’m no too super interested in that movie.

But then you have Spider-Man, he”s gotta be a central figure now right? Dr. strange? I thought his movie was terrific. Def want more. Antman? Need there be another Antman movie?

It’s gonna Be interesting. They’ve got 10 more years and 20 more movies already written I’m sure.

justtxyank likes this.
  6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

@justtxyank It's not just Tony's life that erasing everything would screw, it's everyone who did anything positive in those five years. Millions of new babies. New relationships, new discoveries, even the rebounding ecosystem. Like I said it's a huge moral conundrum. This way they did it 'saved' the most people, but at what cost? If I were dusted and came back and my family had moved on, I would be happy for them, but so deeply saddened. And I wouldn't want to break that up unless it was a bad situation for them. OTOH, If they were dusted, I would probably go Ronin, so when they came back I would have them back and my wife would have to deal with a whole lotta baggage. :p

I---------------

Interesting tidbit I just read:

With Avengers: Endgame now in theaters, The Infinity Saga has reached its end...right? Perhaps not. Yesterday, Joe and Anthony Russo attended a fan Q&A session in which they were asked a number of questions about the latest Marvel Studios movie.
    Chief among them was Thanos' decision to use the Infinity Stones to destroy the Infinity Stones. After all, The Ancient One tells Bruce Banner that they're essential to the flow of time, so how is he able to get rid of them without completely destroying the universe as we know it? Well, it sounds like they may not be gone after all.

According to one Redditor who was in attendance, they told fans that "Thanos only reduced the stones to the atomic level. The stones are still present in the universe."

That's a game-changing piece of information, and while it doesn't necessarily mean the Infinity Stones will come back into play (they would, after all, be pretty hard to find) their continued existence surely leaves the door open to more stories and Marvel Studios could easily revisit their importance down the line with any number of villains, including those from the X-Men and Fantastic Four franchises.
    Who knows, perhaps the Stones been atomised will lead to the emergence of mutants and the type of cosmic rays which turn a certain family into something a little more...fantastic? ​

7. droxford

droxford Member

On that, we agree. I didn't get that feeling from DC's Wonder Woman. Thought that was a good movie.

#207 droxford, May 2, 2019
    Last edited: May 2, 2019
  8. droxford

droxford Member

I can imagine if Trump and Pence got dusted from Thanos' initial snap, and then in the next election, Hilary would win... But then trump would come back with the SnapBack... Trump claiming to be the true president...

.. and then, like in Endgame, you'd have an army of Democrats on a battlefield, running at full speed toward an attacking army of Republicans....

9. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Tony dying made the most sense. Ever since the first Avengers, it was always Tony trying to think ahead, of how to prevent other worldly beings from destroying Earth. It was always Tony that didnt put the fate of humanity in just the superheroes and was always afraid of what the powers of the superheroes could eventually turn into.

In Endgame, he had the most to lose in 2023(his wife and daughter)and they knew that. Ultimately it was his choice to go time traveling and save everyone or just live out his days with wife and daughter. They came to him cause he was the smartest and most capable of adapting the technology to succeed. Whenever they planted the idea of bringing everyone back, it kept eating away at him, and he wouldnt pass up the opportunity to save the masses, even if it meant his own life and his wife and daughters future. Tony was the right hero to avenge everyone and it was the right way for him to go out.

#209 donkeypunch, May 2, 2019
    Last edited: May 3, 2019
    vlaurelio likes this.
  10. justtxyank

Except none of those people would know what they lost. It would be a clean reset. Tony didn’t want that for himself because he wanted his daughter

jcf likes this.
  11. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Doesn't make it right.

jcf likes this.
  12. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Exactly. It's millions of 'deaths'. There's no way the heroes would have went along with anything else. The fact that it was self-serving for Tony was just gravy.

13. Buck Turgidson

OK...

Movie was really good, I actually teared up at a couple of points, movie was way too long. Mix in a ****ing intermission.

justtxyank likes this.
  14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Isn't that Thanos line of reasoning? hmmm

Screwing the remaining half of the universe's reality is like half as bad I guess...

/Half serious geek talk

justtxyank likes this.
  15. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

When Thanos snapped his fingers he forgot to give everyone an alternate memory for why half the population was gone.

London'sBurning likes this.
  16. dmoneybangbang

Good movie, liked part 1 much better. I enjoyed the ride and didn’t think too much about how much it made sense. The Time Heist was a cool idea but again I didn’t care if it made complete sense.

I didn’t like the ending with Cap, felt very forced.

The funeral scene was very good but Logan is the super hero movie that gave me the most feels.

B-Bob and justtxyank like this.
  17. Major

Major Member

On the alternative timelines, when you time-warp to the past, it creates a split and a new timeline.

But, when you leave your timeline and then return, does that create a new timeline in your present? Like when the Avengers leave their timeline to go get the stones, they return to their timeline and fix things rather than creating another split in 2023, right?

If that's the case, when Thanos leaves the original 2014 timeline to come chase 2023 people and then dies in 2023, what happens in the past timeline? Suddenly he just left but never returned and now never killed anyone?

18. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

I think it's just another branch BUT since Cap was supposed to put all the stones back then nothing should have changed but regardless that past timeline doesn't have an effect on the present.

19. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

Endgame was definitely different than what I expected. It also seemed like the first half of the movie (lots of super close up, emo scenes) was not that cohesive with the second half (Michael Bay action/explosions galore). Overall it was entertaining but I definitely enjoyed Part 1 much more.

Did anyone else not have a problem with the Children of Thanos not having a role in the big fight and just being background fodder? I was totally looking forward to a re-match of Ebony Maw vs Doctor Strange.

Also, I was thinking, how was this the best outcome out of 14.5 million possibilities? If all they needed was time travel, Doctor Strange should have kept the time stone and made the time heist that much easier to pull off.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

If he had 1 chance in 14.5million, he should have left it as-is, because to get this far into the scenario, had Thanos won, he'd wipe out the ENTIRE universe instead of just HALF. He should have just cashed his chips in.