1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season 8

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sajan, Jan 4, 2018.

1. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Hot take: We will get Cleganebowl cause hes mentioned it himself, "Only one thing will make me happy" but I dont know if Sansa broke through to him with her bird speech. Also, in that episode, you see him riding south by himself to Kings Landing until Arya joins him. I think Arya fulfills her kill list but only after Cleganebowl and he defeats the Mountain, only to have Arya end his life in mercy.

Im not sure Arya fulfills her list with Cersei, but she is the Great War hero. So, whats a goon to a goblin?

Falcons Talon and justtxyank like this.
  2. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

HOLY ****!! THAT'S HOW EURON IS SO POWERFUL..........

TIME TRAVEL AND SHITLOADS OF CAFFEINE HE'S GOTTEN FROM THE FUTURE!!

3. MystikArkitect

I was discussing this with my friend the other day, and he mentioned how GRRM and DB/B have an agreement (profit sharing?) with the current show. This only applies to GoT though, not the spinoffs. There’s speculation that part of the push is to wrap up GoT and move onto something more profitable for the show runners. Idk how true this is but just what he told me.

The coffee cup is funny. Stuff like this happens all the time in shows but I don’t think the last two seasons have been good for the legacy of the show. I’m still going to watch of course but I think the writing is on the wall. It’s a Marvel movie for me at this point.

4. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

I thought the spinoff was axed, but the prequel was still alive.

MiddleMan likes this.
  5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Basically the same thing...

6. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

another example of bad/lazy walking dead-esque writing. they had what looked like a couple dozen of those scorpions. they could have killed dany and everyone with her right there. reminded me of the scene where rick and the gang had neagan and the saviors dead-to-rights at the sanctuary and instead of killing them all, just shot out all their windows.

i love tyrion and varys dialogue scenes - shakespearian. those two are the best actors on the show.

some major foreshadowing - arya said she is never coming back to winterfell. and all the goodbyes with jon. its like they all knew they would never see each other again. sam said "youre the best friend ive ever had"...speaking past tense.

i guess bran told sansa and arya about jon snow, but i would have liked to have seen their reactions.

justtxyank likes this.
  7. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

What shows have had good final seasons? Breaking bad maybe

CheezeyBoy22 likes this.
  8. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Bran is almost a useless character other than bait and a means to let the Jon Snow secret out. Just weird.

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I think this is right. Hound kills Mountain, Mountain mortally woulds Hound. Arya gives Hound the gift of mercy. Arya tries to kill Cersei. Cersei kills Arya through all powerful Euron. Jon and Dany end up dead.

Gendry Baratheon wins the Iron Throne.

I'm also kind of expecting Dany to either lose or be on the verge of losing to Cersei next episode when Jon shows up with an army of Northerners, including House Glover, Robin Arryn and the Vale, Edmure Tully and the Riverlands...boom Cersei gets got.

Chamillionaire and donkeypunch like this.
  10. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Don't put all of the blame on HBO. GRRM and his ponderous convoluted plot lines painted himself into a corner and even he does not know how to complete his story. He will never finish the books. He can't. But blame HBO.

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I'm not on a HBO vs GRRM kick. Couldn't care less about GRRM. I only care about the show at this point,.

But also, let's remove GRRM from blame here because however convoluted his plot lines are, the show has skipped a lot of them and simplified most of them. The book being super complicated has nothing to do with the show's silliness.

donkeypunch likes this.
  12. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

should have brought in the Russo brothers.

Rocket River likes this.
  13. cebu

cebu Member

Gendry Barratheon will go crazy for not able to marry Arya.

justtxyank likes this.
  14. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

I keep wanting to give the writers the benefit of the doubt.

Like, emo wheelchair boy could have given Dany the heads up that Euron is preparing to ambush her. But he spends his time "in the past now," so I guess I can let that slide. Or maybe he knows exactly what will happen, but like Dr. Strange, doesn't give away the details because everything needs to happen one way...

...all to get Sansa on the Iron Throne.

Is that giving the writers too much credit?

justtxyank likes this.
  15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Apparently ending a TV series is the hardest feat known to man.

16. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Keep going back and forth on whether to bother even posting about this series. The internet has already done a good job dissecting why the story is falling apart.

Don't like how Ghost was let go. Don't like how Dany felt she was clever by promoting Gendry and Starbucks. It was more of a, "See? I can be a good leader, right guys? Guys? I'm on your side. See?"

Didn't like the cut away when Bran and Jon were going to reveal who his parents actually were to Arya and Sansa. You spent 7 seasons building up to this reveal and you're going to cut away from their reaction? I mean I guess you get the reaction by Sansa's inability to keep her mouth shut and Arya deciding to bounce out of Winterfell but it's just cheap theatrics in directing to cut away from important dialogue like that.

Didn't like how Bran is oblivious to sharing anything important about the NK's motives and history but is totally cool with using his abilities to get design specs on a badass retro wheelchair he just has to roll in. Maybe it's an odd comparison to make but in the movie the Scorpion King, there was a seer who could predict the outcome of battles for her leader and provide a tactical advantage no one else had. Then...there's Bran. Worse than that though, not a single bright mind among the surviving cast in Winterfall can see the value in Bran either. It's just such poor writing.

Even without dragons, you have a guy that can see into the future, has shown an ability to alter the past and can warg into the minds of other people. You have an assassin who can take the faces of other people. Even earlier in the series, it was talked about how hiring a single faceless man to assassinate a king would cost more than an entire army. You already have two plot devices for victory without dragons. Cersei should have been decimated inside of season 7 to set up a real six episode long night involving all of Westoros.

whiskeyred, BigM, justtxyank and 2 others like this.
  17. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Hes always been my dark horse for the throne.

Lulz moment when Tormund was telling tales of Jon at the banquet and calling him a mad man and the king of the north, then seeing Dany being b****y ass dany.

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

This is exactly how I feel. I also feel like plot armor is in literally every story. It's just that now everyone sees who is wearing the armor whereas the first few seasons we had no idea. The first seasons did

a good job in making every character feel like a main character with plot armor.

HBO and George are to blame for this.

HBO for denying George's request of going at least 10 seasons and George for not finishing even the next book when he thought he would.

The books as is though have more than enough material to go on...for a while now really. I wonder if people would have been patient for it though. We'd be seeing the White Walkers descend on Winterfell in like 2025 or something.

I don't think they liked the more fantasy aspect of the books, it feels like most of their cuts are more fantasy aspects of the books. Catelyn STark and what she becomes, the horn, Euron's character is a bit more magical...I mean I could go on and on but it feels like they really wanted to just tell the political drama between the families.

I don't think the giants and zombie polar bears were nothing, I mean, people enjoyed seeing those things I thought?

It's going to be interesting if the next GOT series is about the Long Night, a time where the White Walkers won, because I imagine it would need more of a CGI budget.

I'm not saying you're wrong or any one's criticism is wrong.

I just think people are particularly harsh, especially when George planned on not having the show caught up to him and that left the showrunners to tie it all up...something I feel that even George is having issues with right now especially considering that there's a lot more characters in the books

Entropy likes this.
  19. smokieethabear

I'm pretty sure Misande is female... Her D ain't on anyone...

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Ep. 5 better be good after a weak Ep.4 and serviceable but not great Ep.3.

Rocket River likes this.