1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should we keep MDA?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 1Deep, May 1, 2019.

?

Is it time to move on from MDA?

1. Yes

48 vote(s)
    43.2%
  2. No

63 vote(s)
    56.8%
  1. Vivi

Vivi Member

If you guys think that Harden is not pushing the pace like Nash or he's not running around screens like Curry/Lillard or he'sbecause of what Morey wants you're crazy.

You really think Morey is forcing Harden to play in a way he doesn't want to? Lol, Harden would've ask to be traded by years if that was even remotely true. Morey, just like any normal Rockets fan would actually love to see Harden be more mobile on offense, especially since we got CP3.

HP3 likes this.
  2. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Is it too late to tank?????

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Is it insane to play Shumpert? Sure. But as with every other move in this particular series... WHAT ARE HIS OPTIONS.

Play Capela? Well, that's not working great.
    Play Green? That's 50/50 at best, depends on the day.
    Play House? Hmmm... that's a problem.
    Play Nene? Ok... limited at times.
    Play Tucker? Hope he's hitting his corner 3's.
    Play CP3? Hope he doesn't disappear for a stretch.

Don't get me wrong... I'm NOT in favor of watching THIS offense for more years, despite its regular season efficiency. But sometimes you can't blame the chef, but rather the ingredients. DM was in charge of the ingredients. And its a fairly bare cupboard.

With a bare cupboard, you HAVE to throw guys out there and cross your fingers. Other than the main course, the only consistent side dishes has seemed to be Austin Rivers. The other side dish that the chef kind of refuses to try in any meaningful way is Faried.

Rudyc281 and HP3 like this.
  4. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

I'd like an upgrade, but a clear upgrade is not available imo. If we could snatch Spoelstra, Messina or Stevens I would consider it even though I'm not certain they are upgrades.

5. BigBum

BigBum Member

Only 77 shot attempts,

Shumpert plays 5 minutes and have 4 shot attempts, then miss all and score zero point. It means in those 5 minutes Shumpert have 60% of team shot attempts.
    Shumpert thinks himself is Durant.

6. tested911

tested911 Member

I know how you feel, I stopped watching the Rockets after Harden's 3rd season here. I will take a glimpse once in a while and flip the channel to watch maybe 3-5 minutes and be reassured about why I stopped watching. Harden is an incredible talent and we are lucky to have him on this team. But in "my" honest opinion for a long time now is that we cannot win with Harden's style of play, but I hope I'm wrong every year.

deb4rockets likes this.
  7. dwhite

dwhite Member

He should be fired for playing Shumpert so much in this series and not utilizing Faried in the right way (should be a forward and play with Capela). Honestly, the Rockets need to get rid of Morey and MDA.....had our window of opportunity and they failed.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

and its not like he isn't giving guys chances to step up when they get on the court. the problem is they are not and its obviously showing on the court.

will a home return help? I sure hope so. but the unplayable list was way too much to overcome in these first two games.

HP3 likes this.
  9. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It just seems that having your whole team stand around to watch him dribble and ISO won't score enough points. They score a lot when they don't have that crutch to throw back to and actually have the freedom of making plays for themselves. Even Clint gets left out at times. I think an entire team getting involved is better than one man taking twice as many shots as everyone else, because they double up defense and percentages drop. That, and I hate the fact that we make a layup or drop shot look so difficult to do and guys we let go make it look so easy on other teams.

10. Mike Breen

Mike Breen Member

:rolleyes:

HP3 likes this.
  11. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Yep.

The sad part is, even though the style is "hard to watch", it's clearly a style that can work against GSW. It's not like they've performed amazingly against the Rockets. Even if the win 4-0, it will be a tight series.

There's just not enough talent.

smp likes this.
  12. smp

smp Member

I hear you. It is ugly and nobody likes it except Rockets fans. We only like it because it’s worked well enough to elevate us to the 2nd best team in the league. If it was some other team running this offense, I bet no Rockets fans would watch it though. We would be like the rest of NBA fans calling it gimmicky, ugly, boring, not the right way, etc.

13. Jbarrachina

Jbarrachina Member

Best replacement is JVG

14. Zergling

Zergling Member

So you're suggesting that we somehow can't do better than the worst in-game coach that makes the playoffs every year?

15. Remlap

Remlap Member

EVERY coach in the NBA needs to be replaced by these standards.
    If you can't beat the Warriors (with Kevin Durant I might add), even though you can beat pretty
    much ANY other team, then the coach should be fired.
    Going to be a LOT of vacancies in the NBA

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

please miss me with your hyperbole that’s based on nothing...thanks

Remlap likes this.
  17. Newlin

Newlin Member

MDA will be here as long as Harden wants him here. I don't think Harden wants any changes made. Harden gets to do pretty much anything he wants on the court. I don't see anything changing.

Remlap and Vivi like this.
  18. Zergling

Zergling Member

In the end it's Morey's call. We've already fired a coach with Harden here before.

We're basically capped out, so the easiest way to improve the team next year is the coaching staff. Harden can provide input on a new coach to pick.

19. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Maybe MDA is our mark Jackson

Let’s find our Steve Kerr

20. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Without a doubt McHale had a more flexible rotation than MDA. McHale had a very flexible rotation, one of the most flexible I've seen- everyone got an opportunity to play and show off their skills, Rookies got playing time to develop. However, he was a truly awful coach.

I believe you're wrong in your evaluation of Bzdelik. Maybe instead of watching the rotations he in the last game of the season-- look further, such as his actual coaching track record. It's obvious you haven't or you wouldn't have followed that statement up with 'little direct criticism when they crap the bed' considering him standing his ground with his unrelenting criticism & push for Melo to improve his defense & defensive hustle in Denver is what ultimately made Melo out him as head coach.

SemisolidSnake likes this.