1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BBallBreakdown: Rockets Feel Refs Ruined Game 1 Vs Warriors

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, Apr 29, 2019.

1. likestohypeguy

I agree it's unfair, a double standard, and allowing it is dangerous, all of that. My point is what can you do about it, what is there under the rockets control that can change it. I suggested they should keep shooting, but even if refs continue to allow these fouls, don't increasingly exaggerate the reaction, jack knife your lower body etc. to sell the call harder; and more than anything don't let it get in your head, don't let the refs take you out of focus.

All you can control is how you play. The rest of it doesn't affect calls- In fact, I think the over selling reactions to fouls is making the refs ignore them more. It's unfair, but you can either deal with it, and take the best shot you have given these unfair circumstances, or let it make you lose your mind out there, get techs, get out of your mental zone, and have zero chance.

2. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

If they ain't calling landing space and you are afraid to get injured coming straight down... wtf do you do? You try and avoid landing straight down. If they aren't calling it.. then Rockets need to do the same thing to them on defense. Force them to call it before someone get's injured.

3. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

That's not ideal, cause it's suppose to b a flagrant foul. We will b putting ourself at a further disadvantage, but i get your idea.

4. Bearded13

Bearded13 Member

I've never seen the Rockets being defended more than in these two videos of todays' Unidsputed. Skip is actually hinting at the NBA being rigged.

luckyman76 likes this.
  5. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

6. YallMean

YallMean Member

Let’s be very very physical tonight.

7. DLX94

DLX94 Member

Agree. They just need to stay focused and not the refs get in their heads especially that Foster will be officiating. Expect Oracle to be super loud and hostile to the team. Just make your shots including free throws. Be physical and play smart. Coach D needs to be smart too. That Nene vs Curry sequence was dumb.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

If the coaching staff played Kerr's mocking comments to Harden before the game, would it serve as motivation or would it make him wilt?

9. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Harden saw it, Morey responded to it, everybody sees everything and pretends they don't so they don't have to address it. Believe me, the Rockets had a championship stolen from them. They didn't need any motivation. What they need is a legitimate NBA they will never find.