1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SPOILERS THREAD] Avengers: Endgame

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Juxtaposed Jolt, Apr 27, 2019.

1. marky :)

marky :) Member

Who cares about them doing the all female superhero scene. There were a bunch of kids in the theater I watched in and the applause/cheers from little girls was awesome when that scene happened.

The entire franchise so far of 22 movies has been like 99.97% male dominated and that scene took like 30 seconds.

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Why would he give the shield that Tony Stark made to the guy that killed Tony Starks Parents
    and was an assassin murdering people around the world for over 6 decades . . . . .. .
    How is THAT GUY getting the shield that represents America?

Rocket River
    If they could have brought back Black Widow. . she could have gotten it
    and that would have been America's Ass *grin*

jcf and AstroRocket like this.
  3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

IKR

I been waiting to see if people will be pissed about Arya and Lady Mormont in the GoT thread

Rocket River

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  4. Juxtaposed Jolt

You guys are way too salty about a 20-30 second spot in a 3 hour movie. Seems like a weird hang-up, to me.

It's not like the women were the main focus for the entire film. It's not as if solely because of the women, they were able to beat Thanos. It was a spot highlighting the various female superheroes of the movie - they didn't save the world, they didn't save the menfolk, etc.

5. Juxtaposed Jolt

Exactly. That part of the movie felt super badass to me, and not at all "ew, women empowerment? booo."

6. marky :)

I had the same excitement seeing that scene as I did when Cap picked up the hammer.

Actually I think I just had a tingly sensation in my pants the whole ending fight scene so scratch that.

7. CCorn

CCorn Member

I just thought the “she has plenty of help” or whatever was corny.

8. Pbev99

Pbev99 Member

I also thought the girl power scene at the last battle was kind of tacky and forced. Even my wife hated it and thought it actually makes women look weaker by forcing this kind of scene in a movie. They had some great moments for female characters that were more natural and in the flow of the movie like Black Widow sacrificing herself and Scarlet Witch overpowering Thanos. And there was Captain Marvel. ....

I actually liked the Captain Marvel movie and thought she had the right to be pissed off after being manipulated for so long. But in End Game she was really annoying. It’s bad enough she’s so overpowered, but she’s extremely snarky and arrogant too. Superman is also ridiculously OP, but he doesn’t act like a complete prick. She’s probably the only Marvel hero that I don’t like at all.

Jontro likes this.
  9. marky :)

Not wanting to turn this into a D&D thread but hate it or love it that scene wasn't meant for you or I.

That scene was meant for the little girls sitting in the movie theater next to a boy wearing an Ironman Helmet or Captain america shirt. That feeling you got when we first see Ironman on screen back 10+ years ago is what that scene was for those girls now.

10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

TBH, I liked Captain Marvel better in this movie than in her standalone. She came across as more wry than wooden. Then again, she wasn't the focus of attention. Anyway, it isn't an anti-Brie Larson thing, which has gotten way way waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of hand, but someone needs to direct her. I agree the character's so powerful that who will you pit her against? Morgoth?

Well, the "she has help" bit (all the females in the MCU lined up to go kick some "a") was a little contrived but harmless.

This film at least had a few human touches. I'd like to have seen some small conversations about how these events are perceived by the population at large; Man of Steel, while not a great movie, alluded to, Where does this guy fit in with our concept of God and whatnot? And naturally, there isn't a lot of time to dwell on things here, but Stark (and Pym and Banner to a degree) just made time travel possible. Time travel. Kind of a big deal.

It's sort of the comic book world. Levitate and drop a country but you just wind up with the Sakovia Accords or whatever.

This isn't real complaining. It was a very good movie. The pacing made my wife a bit fidgety; I'm glad I refrained from drinking too much water before the film, though.

Preach!

#110 ROXTXIA, Apr 30, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
  11. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Kind of annoying that these dudes are calling the women teaming up sequence a "forced girl power scene" when really it was more of a nod to the A-Force comics. The women were set up to be in those positions by the sequences in the battle that preceded it (Well, except Mantis. Don't know where she came from) and it was BADASS. Also the girls in my theater absolutely went crazy for it, which was a wonderful sight to see. As the Ancient One would say: Sometimes its not about you.

FLASH21 and BiGGieStuFF like this.
  12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You'd hate reading comic books...

13. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Yes it was short but it was just like really? Even my gf thought it was forced during the main climax of the movie.

Not to go back and forth too much on this but they made an entire bad movie pushing Captain Marvel not just 30 seconds. I don’t understand why she’s around or care about her in the slightest. She comes effectively out of nowhere and is overpowered. She didn’t kill Thanos herself but she comes in and just blows up his ship like nothing and ends his ability to assault Earth by herself.

14. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I get that part but he’s not a super soldier and Bucky is basically his brother who went through hell after being programmed by Hydra and came back to the good side from all that. It wasn’t him that did all the killing it was his programming and the Wakandans were able to fix him.

I just felt like that Bucky’s connection to Cap and being a super soldier himself made more sense at least emotionally. Sam certainly does represent the values of America but he’s always been underpowered as a character.

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Captain Marvel is the most powerful person there. What can't you get? It's based on the comics where guess what? She's ****ing powerful!

Really? Remember the scrawny man who couldn't even get into the army? Captain America knows how it feels to be underpowered but has the heart bigger than most. That's the point. Weird how you can't see that.

16. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

In the comics she’s not anywhere this powerful, she’s not on Hulk or Thor’s level in comics.

jcf and Rocket River like this.
  17. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Falcon is such a shotty character to begin with. A total non factor in any scenario. Im with you, he was not deserving of the shield. That shield should be retired in the Stark Museum.

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I cant believe movies are still even shown in 3D. Nobody thinks 3D is a good idea. Ever.

19. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I feel silly, but I somehow missed whatever girl power moment you guys are talking about. What exactly was going on? I remember the Scarlet Witch wrecking shop and Captain Marvel doing stuff, but there was some combined female superhero moment or something? What exactly happened?

20. marky :)

When Spidey had the gauntlet, Captain Marvel showed up and asked for it. He said are you sure or something like that. Then all the female superheroes showed up to help captain marvel push through the horde.