1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SPOILERS THREAD] Avengers: Endgame

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Juxtaposed Jolt, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

So will Thor be in thr next Guardians movie? That would be cool.

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Where did they establish you could just jump back without going to the portal?

Everyone that jumped back (except Cap in this instance) returns to the portal.

3. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Disney bought Fox, but Hulk solo movie rights are still owned by Universal. The only reason the first Hulk was made was because Marvel production was still small at the time, before they were owned by the mouse. Both parties were willing to work together.

Possibly, Scarlet Witch has been the most inconsistently powered character in all of comics. Depending on what time you are reading she either has an ill described ability to make things happen, or god like ability to rewrite existence.

4. justtxyank

MCU Scarlett Witch appears to be telepath and telekinetic (she's basically Jean Grey)

5. CCorn

CCorn Member

As long as he’s fat I’m in. Fat Thor V Adam

6. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

When Tony and Scott lose the Tesseract in 2012, Tony and Steve decide to jump further backwards in time with their watch GPS to 1970.

Then Steve steals 4 Pym particles that he and Tony use to jump forwards to their original timeline.

7. justtxyank

But again, when they come back to the real timeline (present) they come back to the portal.

8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

My wife and I finally saw this movie tonight.

I cried like a p***y.

9. Duncan McDonuts

Thanos didn't appear on the portal. He was high in the sky.

10. justtxyank

His ship goes through the portal and breaks through the building.

It rapidly expands as it accelerates up to the sky.

11. Duncan McDonuts

Well, I dunno then. That's the best I got. I still think Thanos being able to time jump his army is a bigger overlooked mystery.

12. justtxyank

I think they would explain that by saying they time jumped the ship and all of his people just happened to be on it.

13. Duncan McDonuts

But past Thanos had no Pym particle to jump. Juxtaposed Jolt's linked article had a theory that past Thanos reverse engineered the Pym particle so past Nebula could jump them into the future, but there was no indication of that in the movie.

And if you could jump collective objects, why did the Avengers waste Pym particles for each individual Avenger instead of holding hands before jumping? They could've saved half their Pym particles.

Rocket River likes this.
  14. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

They return to the portal but when they travel elsewhere they didn't go through a portal so I would assume that you don't need the portal. Iron Man and cap traveled to 1970 with no portal.

15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Thanos reverse engineered everything, right down to the pym particles?

16. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Thanos was just a simple man, trying to live a simple life, alone. Avengers had to come ruin all that.

Did it piss anybody else off with the whole damn female only attack during battle? I mean, come on MCEU, we get it. You shoved it down our throats enough with the Captain Marvel movie and all the damn women-can-be pilots-and-are-strong-too commercials that came with it. I mean, the men already handled the biggest parts and you ride into battle clutching your ****ing purses. Also, Captain Marvel taking a direct punch to the face and having it not even make you flinch? Lelz. Com'on!

Sidenote: 3D was a bad idea. Parts of the battle scene became blurry and was very frustrating.

Jontro and BruceAndre like this.
  17. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I thought the movie was good but too slow. I guess all the pre hype got me expecting a 10/10 movie.

I was really annoyed at the end happened with Captain America passing his shield to Sam instead of Bucky when Bucky was standing right there.

Captain Marvel still sucks and is overpowered. I wasn’t all hyped up when it was just her that came in and destroyed Thanos’ ship like nothing. I have no connection to this overpowered new character with no charisma. The women empowerment vibe just annoys me and feels forced. I thought the all woman fight part in the main battle was whatever. It’s like they are trying too hard to force in female leads when they already have bad ass ones. Why is she even in the MCU? Scarlet Witch is just so much better of a character and with ridiculous power potential.

The whole lead in to time travel was kind of meh. I didn’t understand the whole Capt America returning them either. It just happened so matter of factly at the end like it was almost thrown in. I kind of feel like they tried to do way too much.

I actually thought the Thor character change wasn’t bad. I wasn’t a fan of Professor Hulk though and he didn’t really do much. It’s like they just nerfed Hulk and kind of broke his character.

Ironman’s story was awesome in the movie. 10/10

Captain America in the final battle was 10/10. Overall he was excellent too. I wish his ending was better and made a little more sense.

I give it overall an 8/10. I thought Infinity War was better.

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

I just took it as him wanting to create a new universe in his own image

destroy the current one, and make a new one without the overpopulation problem, but without having a bunch of people who aren’t able to get past what they’ve lost

19. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Shed a few tears myself.

20. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

I used to share your opinion and if i was single still, it might have irked me but these days being the father of a daughter, I actually am fine with it. I'm seeing the effect it has and it's a completely positive one for her. So yes it's kind of annoying that it's being pushed on us, BUT the possible positive effect it's having on young girls outweighs that in my mind.