1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Don't worry about the refs. Just play the game.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jb86, Apr 29, 2019.

?

What do you think?

1. Complain about officiating

10 vote(s)
    37.0%
  2. Just go there and win the game

17 vote(s)
    63.0%
  1. jb86

jb86 Member

It is clear that the refs will cater to the Warriors. But If we just focus in on trying to win the game verses trying to get the call all the time, we would actual win.

cbs1507 and YaoMingsSoulja like this.
  2. SandboxRocket

SandboxRocket Member

Even with the damn awful officiating, I really think we would have won if we just shot better early on; I don't know why the plan to get to Oakland backfired because I thought being there early would help us but instead we missed open shots very early on. I have to disagree on saying that we look to get the call all the time, it was just that the officiating was truly too egregious that it became a distraction, coupled with the fact that we couldn't get our offensive rhythm going early. I was hoping that we would've sped up our tempo and made Steph and Klay move more on defense given that they have ankle problems.

3. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Yeah just let harden break his ankles and call it a season amirite

SMH

4. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Look we know the worriers will get the whistles but we can not ignore the dangerous undercut moves.
    Worriers know that we can’t beat them if Harden/ CP3 are out..
    If these were tick-tack fouls then yeah ignore them and play our game but we’re risking an injury here.
    Those were dirty moves and everyone witnessed it for game 1.

Voltik and snowconeman22 like this.
  5. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I think we should absolutely clobber the **** out of a GS player the next time harden gets undercut ... even if a foul is called .

That **** is dangerous and at this point they are trying to hurt him .

I'm talking mchale clothesline level foul . Ron arrest level foul .

I almost want to hurt the warriors as much as I want to beat them

bballjunkie and juanm34 like this.
  6. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

If the ref does not call foul for harden, I suggest give the ball to cp3 to end the ball. It is the most safety way for 4th quarter

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I say we have our scrubs clothesline them full speed a few times.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

u make it sound so simple...we can’t play our game because GS is allowed to defend us under a different set of rules...stop it with these simplistic sayings, the refs need to do their damn job...they need to do better, much better

Harden is about to get his ankles decapitated every other jump shot...no call

slight bump for KD...that whistle is being blown so quick

Focus on getting the call? Lol, really? The Rockets are focused on trying to score, but keep getting fouled while receiving no reward...

smh

10. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I will say that if we come out in Game 2 and just b**** and moan about the non-calls, we lose the game mentally. Gotta be tough and be ready for it.

BONIERO1576 and jb86 like this.
  11. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

Yes the refs were not giving the calls to the Rockets, not calling GS out of bounds when they obviously were, not calling blatant fouls when being hit on the arm while shooting, etc.

but...

1> How about keep your composure?
    2> How about hit an open jump shot or layup?
    3> How about get a freakin' rebound?
    4> If they are taking away the 3pt shot then how about hit a 12-15 jump shot that was wide open the whole game?

I get the whole analytics and 3pts and layups are higher %, but just keep the scoreboard moving and force the other team into your game, not fall prey to theirs.

jb86 likes this.
  12. marky :)

marky :) Member

The rule that they're not calling was implemented and nicknamed the Zaza Pachulia rule WHILE he was on the Warriors. Amazing.

13. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

These posters never played this sport or something. U can't do Jack sht if its 5 on 8. How are u suppose to defend if anything u do gets called a foul? How can you shoot or drive to the rim if u get hack and no foul gets called? Momentum isnt with u and refs calling the shttiest fouls, and u expect to just play on?

Mr. Space City and Reeko like this.
  14. jb86

jb86 Member

And at the end of that game, James just won the game and he got fouled on that play but the refs didn't call it. But we still won though.

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

Seriously.

“Rockets need to play their game and not try to draw fouls”...smh, people need to shut that sh*t up...tired of hearing that

How can they play their game if the other team is allowed to foul them and continuously get away with it? And-1’s aren’t easy, especially from three, and the Rockets shot attempts are constantly on and-1 level difficulty against GS without the reward of penalizing their defender and getting to the line...it’s either they make a shot through contact that is obviously a foul, or they miss

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. MystikArkitect

How many times did Chris or James look for a call, not get it, then not get back on D complaining about it? When do you see the Warriors do that?

Green and Iggy went 13-16.

Capela had 4 points and 6 rebounds.

Game was winnable.

darksoul35 and jb86 like this.
  17. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

So you're saying the Rockets were not trying to win. . . .

18. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Surfguy likes this.
  19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

completely agree with this. that game was pretty badly rigged as well but james showed no emotion and just pushed through.

who knows, everyone has their breaking point and perhaps this time (in the playoffs) he just couldn't keep quiet anymore

snowconeman22 likes this.
  20. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Make game 2 much more physical.