1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thoughts on protesting the rest of this Golden Girl series? This has rigged all over it.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr. Dominant, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

2. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

The refs cut Nene a break on the shot he gave Draymond green early in the first quarter but then again it was just a hard shot on Draymond green so nobody cares : /

Nene gave Greene a football offensive line shot to the chops but nobody care about a dirty play given to Draymond greene

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. JW86

JW86 Member

They should go to drastic measures if it's not addressed since everyone is behind them. Everyone agrees it was bad and Harden could've been injured: Skip, Bucher, players. Rockets organisation should issue a statement, Morey by himself, Tilman, MDA and the players. Then if they continue, foul them dirty and keep talking about it. Make sure the NBA look like fools for fining so much. The attention will then come on the league and people will start to ask questions.

The time is now!! Rockets, do something or shut your ****ing mouths and play. I really don't get why people are afraid if they really feel slighted like this. Walk away, foul hard, talk about, take action. But don't just whine, avoid the fine and keep playing because then you don't deserve any sympathy and should seriously just shut your trap since it obviously means you like your money more than winning.

4. Mr. Space City

Protest by giving the league what they want, a rockets loss?

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

What is the point? You’re only going to embarrass yourselves if you go that route. The league got what it wanted, a Warriors win.

Only thing the Rockets can do is just hope they hit 25 3’s a game even if they’re fouled on them. That’s really it. The officiating isn’t going to change.

6. topfive

topfive CF OG

7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

My thoughts:
    1. Protests aren't useful until you get enough people to be unified or people in power to care
    2. The league makes plenty of revenue off of the Golden Snakes, a few mad Houston fans was part of their calculation in the first place
    3. The league is driven by profitability, not morality. Any protest needs to take that into account

8. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

What? Gtfo

Jontro likes this.
  9. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Rockets should come out in Oiler uniforms

10. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Yes, it’s about the money and the league already had it set to advance the Warriors. So why play? That’s why I was thinking the Rockets should show up at the game as usual and go through shoot around. Then when the game is about to start at tip off they all walk out of the arena. The GS fans will be standing there looking stupid as well as Silver/ABC. Lost ratings, lost revenue.

F*** them.

Jontro, Sadboy and ramotadab like this.
  11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

As much as that would feel good for a minute, the Rockets had chances to win this game in spite of the avalanche of adversity.

The Rivers illness hurt, House and Tucker need to lock themselves in the gym and shoot threes, and our big men need to sort themselves out.

ramotadab likes this.
  12. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I do demand a response from the rockets organization .

luckyman76 and ramotadab like this.
  13. TheresTheDagger

Better idea, they should come out wearing NBA officials unis.

Little Bit likes this.
  14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I've watched the rockets this far...

I can't say I'll ban watching but I'll buy knockoffs and whatever it takes not to support the NBA or bspn

Sadboy and ramotadab like this.
  15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

tilman the new kid on the block who pays no tax doesn't have enough pull here. and the more he complains, the more his $2.2B franchise looks like an investment in an illegitimate corrupt farce so he'll probably just keep quiet

snowconeman22 and ramotadab like this.
  16. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Watching the Rockets vs Warriors every year is like waiting for an Election result that you know is rigged.

17. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

deep down, I know and understand this....

doesn't stop me from being pissed too tho

18. Mr. Space City

Protest by sliding under curry, klay, and durant until their ankles are snapped in half.

Jontro, kevtse, GotGame15 and 7 others like this.
  19. tburris872

tburris872 Member

20. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

**** off. Golden Girls was a great series.

Jontro, Fiah and OmegaSupreme like this.