1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Clutchfans] Take the time to appreciate that the Rockets have an all-time great

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Apr 12, 2019.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

http://rockets.clutchfans.net/11519/houston-rockets-all-time-great-james-harden/

Please check out my latest article for Clutchfans. Would love your comments!

2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I particularly liked this part

D-rock, bloodwings19, arubato and 5 others like this.
  3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Great read, but there was a missed opportunity here @justtxyank

"As frustrating as that may be to Rocket fans feeling the sting of another MVP vote gone wrong for their favorite player, I’d encourage you to step back, as I have done the last few days, and take in the full scope of the greatness we have witnessed."

#3 DreamShook, Apr 12, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
    HP3, slothy420, alethios and 6 others like this.
  4. justtxyank

I'm tempted to edit it just bc of that lol

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

"We had The Dream and now we have The Beard. Very few fan bases get to enjoy two transcendent players in the peak sports-viewing years of their life. Don’t let it pass you by."

Have you considered emailng that to the owner.

haha...and I like the "this is not one of them" start!! Has a new clickbait feel, but with a real fan flavor.

Ramo$e, D-rock, BigMaloe and 2 others like this.
  6. justtxyank

I think DM the GM has to pound that it into his skull. I'm going to refrain from anymore negativity about the luxury tax avoidance strategy. It's done, it's over. I think my feelings on what happened this year with regards to roster building and finances are pretty clear and in line with yours. :(

7. s3ts

s3ts Member

I give my thanks that I am a witness in fandom of the Rockets, of one great, transcendent player.

James Harden has been my favorite player since he came to Houston and ripped the Pistons to shreds on the first game, with no practice time on the new team.

And since that day, I've never had any room to doubt this man on things he can do on the court. He has become better every single year, and I don't doubt that he'll continue that trend. I place no ceiling on him, not even DPOY.

James Harden is as magnificent as I could've imagined. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about him, and I never back down to challenge those around me who still ignorantly hate on him. Beyond that, how rare is it that a coach, a GM, and teammates, have nothing but praise to give. It is rare enough to find that in a work environment that I'm in, let alone say about a guy that I play a game with on the court.

I totally agree, watching Dirk get teary-eyed from watching the tribute video from the Spurs, it dawned on me how great a player he truly was.

When Harden reaches his time, to get his props, I'm going to be crying my fking eyes out. And the hate he gets right now will make all of that so much sweeter once it's all said and done.

Ramo$e, D-rock, Roc Paint and 6 others like this.
  8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

yeah, I'm with you. I rather like the underdog feel to come.

Stay Positive. Be Hungry. Back what we have, as if you were James Harden!

Let the Battle Begin

GO ROCKETS!!

Deuce, D-rock, BigMaloe and 5 others like this.
  9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Encapsulates my sentiments to a tea.

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

D-rock likes this.
  11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

When we made the trade I was just hoping he’d be a good 2nd or 3rd option to help build around. lmao. Never expected anything close to this.

s3ts, D-rock, fattz and 2 others like this.
  12. Reeko

Reeko Member

great article

we are blessed to have a legend like Harden

he brings it every night, he never cheats the fans

I went to 3 playoff games last year...he dropped 40+ in all 3...it’s such a pleasure to watch him dominate

I pray this man can get at least 1 championship in order to secure his legacy

his jersey will be hanging in the rafters, and he should get a statue outside of TC...Morey’s suit and tie should be hung in the rafters as well

Ramo$e, HP3, s3ts and 7 others like this.
  13. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I also pray Harden gets at least one championship ring. That's the only thing missing. Barkley, Ewing, Malone, Stockton, great players in their right didn't get theirs. Doesn't make their accomplishments less valuable, but it does seem something is missing.

This is the year, guys. Roster is deeper than ever, with at least 9-10 guys that you can plug in case of emergency, unlike last year with Luc and CP3 went down.

D-rock, topfive and Reeko like this.
  14. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

@justtxyank

Can we get an edit to include this accomplishment?

- Led the league in assists

:eek:

D-rock, heypartner and durvasa like this.
  15. HookemHorns1250

For a second I thought this was another House thread.

Great read!

jordnnnn likes this.
  16. YaoMingsSoulja

The only way for Harden to prove his greatness is for him to win a championship. Unfortunately, GSW exists and it probably isn't fair, but that's just the way it is. Hopefully that team can fall apart or we can somehow beat them this year. We will see.

17. YaoMingsSoulja

Also, what is a players voice mvp award?

18. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

D-rock likes this.
  19. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

20. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

“ adapt what is useful, reject what is useless, and add what is specifically your own.”

-Bruce Lee

D-rock likes this.