1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 4/9/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 8, 2019.

1. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

well i was saying it out loud when it happened. these are details that separate good teams from great teams, and good coaches from great. which it makes it even all the more ridiculous that rudy is not in the HOF

and btw, we won game 7 @ PHX because KJ missed a FT in the final minute, and he had made something like 21 straight prior to that

J Sizzle likes this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I do, if you are the 1st seed overall, you have *I dun know the percentage but we were favored on some webpages, in Vegas, to win it all.

We had a slightly better percentage than the reigning champs.

Everyone outside of the city will just say it's an excuse, the injuries and such.

A great team does close out even without an old Chris Paul, may he been on fire or not.

3. Vivi

Vivi Member

Well, we almost did 12 months ago, hopefully he will step up in the playoffs like he did last season ;)

4. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

You are correct with the after game result, but I am more disappointed with his Aw shucks expression during the game. I am 10 times more disappointed with that response from the Houston coaching staff during this game.

5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I don't think we beat OKC in a 7 game series, that's just my opinion. I have more faith of us beating the Warriors than OKC at this point. I remember 2 years ago when we played them it was a complete **** show even without Paul George. We seem to play our worst basketball against them because of how physical they get.

On the other end, we play up to our ability against the Warriors.

DavidRocket, Nook and DaDakota like this.
  6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

100%, their lackadaisical inconsistent effort has cost them dearly.

DD

DavidRocket likes this.
  7. amaru

amaru Member

I think he was just really disappointed that his teammates can't help him for even one night.

Nook likes this.
  8. amaru

amaru Member

I think we take them in 7.....but it'd be tight. They definitely play up for us.

9. Vivi

Vivi Member

Even without Chris?

Regardless, i was one of those who still considered the Warriors the favourite to win before the playoffs started (i think there was a thread about this) so, yeah, for me seed doesn't necessarily matter that much, and in that situation the Warriors were clearly favourite.

10. Nook

Nook Member

The Rockets have as good a chance of beating GS in round two as they would in round three.

jcf likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That is what is missing, the swag. And pure execution of course.

You were winning 1st seed and still feeling like the underdog.

I think it wasn't that way with Hakeem, at least they had legit swag and not all talk....... "GSW isn't that good" Well, GSW isn't that good and they have 3-4 ships already, guess what!

The thing is GSW has 4 Allstars but neither of them did what Harden did.

You can credit them for being unselfish, passing the ball around.

Well, that is called an unselfish system.

12. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Gordon should be benched for this game tonight. He was bad all game and offered no upside by being present on the floor.

Mr. Space City and BigShasta like this.
  13. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

So in the last 2 games against the Bucks and OKC, and I'm using these games as examples, because they're the better teams we've played the the last 10 games or so..... Tucker has gone 2/13, Gordon has gone 3/19, Rivers has gone 3/10.

Those 3 players always seem to go missing in the key games. I would rather we started with Faried and Green over Gordon and Tucker in the key games to be honest with you. Yeah, I know Green is a hot or cold player.... but I think he hits more key 3 pointers than Gordon does in the big games. And I would rather have Faried out there for the rebounds and defense..... because Tucker is bricking like crap anyway.

14. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

History tells Rockets will choke big game anyway.

Mentally soft.

Texanstradamus likes this.
  15. Zergling

Zergling Member

He missed a point blank, uncontested layup when all he had to do was dunk. Oh, and we lost by 1 point.

Can't believe lack of aggression is still a problem for this guy. His motor is so on/off

pippendagimp likes this.
  16. smokieethabear

What was up with Gordon tonight...

I must admit...

He wasn't having any fun

17. BleedsRocketRed

Pretty much sums the current situation and season right here.

18. Vivi

Vivi Member

I think coaching is super hard, it's obviously easy to b**** after a game because you know what worked and what not, but if i'm the coach in this game, there's no way i keep House and Gordon in the game with Gerald Green out, maybe i do that if he start missing a couple of shots and/or he makes some bad mistakes on D, but i really feel like Gerald should've been out there more, he was the only guy with Chris making big shots in the last 12 minutes, just ride with what is working, imo at least.

HP3 and pippendagimp like this.
  19. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Faried FOR DEFENSE? I’m done with this forum until game 1.

20. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Believe it or not, he has a lot more hustle, and he's definitely better on the rebounds than Tucker ever will be. Heck, Faried offers way more on the offense than Tucker does.

Tucker may have been a good player last year, but he's been completely inconsistent with shooting and defense this season.

PeterKingX likes this.