1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 4/9/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 8, 2019.

1. tnluong84

tnluong84 Member

I have no idea. my guess is Denver

2. ThunderStruck

ThunderStruck Member

It's nice when he makes them like he had been his last 10+ games, but is it just me, or is Gordon the most likely of the ball handlers to keep on jacking up three's without even thinking of mixing in more than like one or two drives if he's off?

3. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

Hell, they are not winning the big games with him either.

4. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

5. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Either win a ring as the 4th seed or just shut up. Rockets shot themselves in the foot way too many times this season and tonight epitomized that effort.

I for one will not make excuses for the Rockets. They are exactly what their record and seeding says they are. If they don’t get to the finals this year they have no one to blame but themselves.

This is the window. They are fortunate to have a second chance after last season considering the debacle of a start they had this season. We will see if they will piss that opportunity away as we’ve become accustomed to witnessing as fans.

You’re the 4th seed now Rockets and you’ve chosen the more difficult path to the championship. You made your bed. Go win the ring as the 2nd lowest seed ever after Clutchcity 95.

Championship or Bust.

6. amaru

amaru Member

He definitely has the shooter's mentality. It's up the coaches to pull him when he goes cold like that. I blame Gordon for a lot tonight, but I don't blame him for missing his usual shots. Shooters shoot.

7. Nook

Nook Member

Harden missed one of 12 free throws and he is who gave the Rockets a 3 point lead with 15 seconds left. Harden didn’t choke at all... if you want to point a finger, stick it at D’Antoni and at Eric Gordon.

Deuce, Hakeemtheking and D-rock like this.
  8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

secret weapon for the playoffs!

ps boy i am glad i didnt watch this game

9. Vivi

Vivi Member

I said this other times but i really think this happens a lot to us against OKC, i think we're just too old/soft/unathletic to keep up with them when they start playing defense for real so, they might just be a bad matchup we should try to avoid.

10. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

He did try to drive a couple times and he got blocked or turned it over. Was just a bad game by him but he’s been balling since ASB. Sometimes you just have a bad game

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Beat terrible teams in November and this isn’t a problem

Hopefully next year the Rockets return to last year’s mindset and actually take every game seriously

Deuce likes this.
  12. amaru

amaru Member

Idk how accurate that is as the Rockets can't drop below 4 since they clinched the division.

13. amaru

amaru Member

He just always seems to have them in the biggest games.

14. Vivi

Vivi Member

I don't know man, for me Capela is not unexpendable, in a good trade i'm ok with moving him, but i don't think he is so mediocre, he fits well with what we do on both ends and the chemistry he has with Harden is also special, just watch how Chris can't play as well with him.

15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i posted earlier about that inbounds to harden for the FT's. if bzdelik had a brain he would have gotten CP3 to take those FT's or called a timeout to draw up a play for that. because to expect harden to make 4 straight FTs in that situation is a gamble. expecting CP3 to make 2 in that situation (especially given the way he was playing tonite) is money in the bank

Little Bit and D-rock like this.
  16. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Welp Roxs are gonna be 4th seed ! That’s what they get for losing all those games to sorry arse teams

17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i agree w/ all you've said, but at the end of the day i don't think we can win a title when your only big man time and time again just gives up. the kid simply does not compete when matched up against half the bigs in the west, not to mention embiid, brooks, etc in the east

18. Vivi

Vivi Member

They choked that game in terms of shooting, but i can't consider that a choke, i mean, between the injuries (we were playing like 7 guys for two/three consecutive games), the refs and the opponent...you can't consider that a choke imo.

19. Nook

Nook Member

At this point.... play a tough Jazz team as a warm up to play the Warriors while Paul and Tucker have less wear and tear.

Assuming the Rockets beat the Jazz (I am not secure that they will) and the Warriors in round two, it is likely the WCF will be fairly easy.

20. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

It’s easy to say that now but you just have to trust your best player to hit his fts. Was unlucky it rimmed out

jeevinesh likes this.