1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 4/9/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 8, 2019.

1. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

the backup coach not playing green in the 4th, especially while gordon was stinking it up -- was stupidity to the max

BeBreezy and Hard_foul like this.
  2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Honestly? They wouldn’t be wrong at this point.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

He didn't but we'll agree to disagree. ;)

pippendagimp and Nook like this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

Adams is and has been better than Capela.

The Thunder are a tough match up for the Rockets because of George. Also the reality is that the Thunder have also severely under achieved the last two years... there is a lot of talent there.

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

No you dont. That's nice on Letterman jackets, but in the real world, that sh-t don't matter. GSW has had the easiest road to championships 5 straight years. Its good to be Lucky.. Rockets are such an unlucky Francoise it's ridiculous.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

no it doesn't stop being a emo biach. We would have gotten blown out by 30 points in the beginning of the season.

7. amaru

amaru Member

Harden really didn't have a chance. That MVP was lost before this game.

Nook likes this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

The Rockets are not winning anything without Chris Paul.

Deuce and amaru like this.
  9. amaru

amaru Member

When games get big, Gordon tends to shrink. If he was a marquee player it'd be talked about more.

10. Newlin

Newlin Member

OKC had 18 offensive rebounds. This a huge problem. And I'm not really blaming Clint. As a team we don't rebound well.

BeBreezy and amaru like this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Is it Saturday/Sunday yet?

Let's get this **** started!

BeBreezy likes this.
  12. mastan

mastan Member

Adam sucks, overrated center. Narlene Noel caused more problems for Rockets than Adam. The whole OKC team underachieved this season. We lost the game because we choked big time. That doesn't make OKC a good team and Adam a good center.

jboslett and Rocket River like this.
  13. Texanstradamus

Until harden wins it all he gonna have the choke artist label

14. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

CARUSO!!!! More like Car-who-so

15. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

I'm literally not watching anymore NBA till our first round playoff game..... and if we play **** in that game and we lose, I think I'm done.

I had a feeling tonight we'd lose; I even said if we hit our shots we'd win the game. But to blow another big lead with 1 quarter to go.... is pathetic. We actually got our composure back from the last 4 minutes to 1 minute..... then we choked it again. I think Tucker was a joke on defense tonight. How many times did he allow the open 3? I counted 2 key 3 pointers in that last quarter.... the one on Westbrook and the other was on George.

We could have made a statement tonight and proved why we're one of the favorites, but some of our players went into hiding. I'd be honestly shocked if we make past the 2nd round.

16. riko

riko Member

I actually thought his first half was great but once the Thunder got physical he just became erratic. Soft finishes around the rim and silly forced turnovers when he dosent have the skill sets to pull those moves off and Harden was on the bench andeven more inexcusable was that Paul was hot. Should have let Paul shoot them instead of Gordon.

17. Zergling

Zergling Member

LMAO, Lakers up 2 very late against the Blazers. Portland loss guarantees a Rockets 2 or 3 seed. Will avoid the Warriors after all if that game goes our way

18. Vivi

Vivi Member

He wasn't the only one though, and he played well in the other game against him, but overall yeah, Adams is probably one of his worst matchup cause he's just much stronger than him, i think there's nothing to do with this, we need to live with that or bring back Dwight and watch him getting offensive fouls and T's after getting frustrated by Adams.

AuburnRocket likes this.
  19. amaru

amaru Member

Agreed it isn't on Clint. It's that small ball crap. Tucker plays hard but he's too undersized.

20. Nook

Nook Member

The MVP was lost two plus months ago. The only way Harden was winning the MVP was the Rockets getting the #1 seed or the Bucks falling on their face.

Deuce, apollo33 and amaru like this.