1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 4/9/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 8, 2019.

1. amaru

amaru Member

I'm actually streaming this Lakers game now.......damn shame what the Rockets have reduced me 2.

hakeem94 and pippendagimp like this.
  2. PWR

PWR Member

Against one of the longest/athletic teams in the the NBA, this genius decides to DNP Faried...I just can't get over the stupidity.

Brilliant. F'n brilliant

amaru, hakeem94, pippendagimp and 2 others like this.
  3. mastan

mastan Member

They choked to OKC same way earlier also and didn't learn anything. They got rid of Carmelo after 1st loss to OKC but played as bad during 2nd and 3rd loss. Rocket's struggle continues against tall center/PF combo even if they're just average, our small team always struggle but our coaches don't see that.

hakeem94, napalm06 and stefanb like this.
  4. stefanb

stefanb Member

That last sentence really has some truth to it. Nice comment. Repped.

5. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

6. Landsdale

Landsdale Member

The hate is strong. Many posters going to the dark side.

hakeem94 and BeBreezy like this.
  7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Harden always lets the media off the hook. My goodness did you hear how relived reggie was.. Harden was about to be the 2nd seed and he let everyone off the hook.. The amount of emotional capital it took for him to get to this point wasted.

8. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

That shot goes in, Harden wins MVP. I can't prove it obviously, I just know it.

hakeem94, Denovo and majicdonjuan like this.
  9. Sajan

Sajan Member

It's a tough loss but what can you do.

Harden's FT or 3 could have changed the conversation but I don't want to play the thunder in the 1st round.

10. jowman

jowman Member

more worried about refs than warriors. dont see them letting golden state lose so early.

11. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

The Rockets are a 2nd Round team at best, losing to the Warriors will end the Rockets laziness, injury woes once and for all.

This season looks a lot like the 2009 team, the team ran out gas in the playoffs, Yao Ming out for the season.

If Karma strikes 1 more time on Chris Paul, Eric Gordon, Kenneth Faried the team is done for the year.

The real sad part is how can the team Upgrade, Replace, Chris Paul, Eric Gordon, Kenneth Faried, Danuel House.
    It's impossible.

12. Zergling

Zergling Member

Don't pretend MDA wouldn't have done the same thing. Our coaches are BELOW AVERAGE.

I cannot emphasize this enough -- we are consistently at a disadvantage against other good teams because of poor in-game coaching

13. riko

riko Member

Lol my fiancé is like what happend?you lost a relative or something? You are screaming so loud at the wall for what. Lol she got scared. I’m 6 foot 4 and over 230 pounds the poor thing got intimidated.I told her we lost the second seed and she said get a life. Lol

14. igotwhipscollectingdust

I just don’t get how the only free throw he misses is the most important one. I don’t think that bodes well for the playoffs.

15. Mr. Space City

Was Eric Gordon drunk?

Did he learn to go to strip clubs from harden?

Does OKC have strip clubs?

hakeem94 and TEXNIFICENT like this.
  16. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Another big reason why we lost tonight.... offensive rebounds. They had 18 to our 9. Maybe if we had played Faried tonight we might have got some more defensive rebounds.

PWR and amaru like this.
  17. amaru

amaru Member

Fatigue. I wouldn't read into a missed freethrow that much. Now the blown lead, coaching and poor defensive rotations.....yea that's concerning.

18. Nook

Nook Member

I have a lot of thoughts about how the Rockets game ended and this season in general.

First, anyone that blames James Harden for missing one of twelve free throws is off base. He gave the Rockets their 3 point lead with 12 seconds left and he had 39 points tonight. He really wasn’t the issue.

Second, I said the Nets and Grizzlies games would comeback to haunt the Rockets. Had they not melted down the last 3 minutes of a half dozen games this year, they would be the #1 seed.

Third, the end of this game was very predictable based on the Rockets play at the very end of games this season. The Rockets simply lose these types of games and usually defensively.

Fourth, letting Westbrook get a free two with 10 seconds left was poor coaching. The Rockets knew they would be fouled after a Thunder two point field goal. That puts pressure on the Rockets shooter to make both free throws. Even if the Rockets make both free throws, the Thunder have plenty of time to get off a solid three point field goal. Simply stated the Rockets played not to lose, but didn’t play to win.

Fifth, at the end of the day this loss is on the Rockets. They knew in the 4th quarter that Denver lost. They knew the #2 seed and homecourt against a falling apart Denver in round two was the prize if they won. Knowing all that, the Rockets yet again blew another game at the very end by poor strategic decisions and poor execution. The Rockets had an 85% chance of winning when Harden put them up 3 with 15 seconds left and the Rockets still found a way to lose.

Really good teams take care of their business when they need to, especially when they have a lead late in the game against a team that is the #7 seed.

I cannot even get angry about it. No one “screwed” the Rockets, they did this to themselves.

Houstunna, DreamShook, Deuce and 6 others like this.
  19. shlhl

shlhl Member

WHy Faried not played tonight?Is he hurting?

20. Zergling

Zergling Member

And the media would have every reason and right to mention these 3 points over and over again. Completely deserved.

Newlin likes this.