1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Give up on Harden winning the MVP

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by EightDoobies, Apr 9, 2019.

1. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I guess it's one way to look at it. But im saying like since two players are close, I can live with that justification rather than misguided attacks on efficiency.

I mean of course, if a voter just votes for an undeserving candidate over Harden outright saying i refuse to vote for anyone that plays like that, then yea we have a problem.

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Wait a minute.. What evidence do you have that this race is close? There is definite potential with this HUGE game in OKC to sway some voters, but everyone has been heavily leaning Giannis with voters pulling every manner of bullsh-t as justification.

3. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

He got 114 unassisted dunks, lol, that's cute how many points did James score unassisted?!?!?!

:D:D:D ****ing comical man

4. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

So, like.... 1.5 unassisted dunks a game is now the most valuable?

One, and a half, dunks, per game, is super valuable?

That's only 3 unassisted points per game, equal to 1 Harden stepback 3.

Lulz

*Mike Tyson voice* Cmon Tom....

#24 BigMaloe, Apr 9, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
  5. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

"Its an 82 game season, the rockets started poorly. 1 game doesn't change that."

"We gotta make sure we dont let recency bias influence our decision."

"OKC has been bad lately and PG looks hurt."

Should I continue?

6. Blackjack84

Blackjack84 Member

lol so dunking means you are the MVP lol these media members are geeks who dont play sports hell never played in school period so the dumbest thing amazes them real athletes know what value is and who the best player is so if harden doesnt get the MVP honestly who cares lol this league has always hated houston and houstons players so who gives a hoot n nanny

7. Blackjack84

Blackjack84 Member

trust me if Lebum i mean Lebron averaged 36 a game the media would laugh at Giannis and Lebron would be unanimously the MVP

Houstunna likes this.
  8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

If you’re saying there will be voters who won’t be swayed no matter what happens tonight, I don’t disagree.

BigMaloe likes this.
  9. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

There are dumber people than this guy who have nba votes. Let that sink in as you come over to my side where you give two ***** about awards based on voters.

10. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Actual footage of that stupid flashback Tom mentioned:

[​IMG]

What a dope!

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

No evidence that it's close. Virtually everybody with a vote has come out and said they are voting Giannis, save for 1 or 2 people so far.

The race is over. The reality is that it's been over for a long time.

12. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I mentioned this in another thread but this biased piece of **** should never get access from Rox PR folks. When this type of bias request player access or WC semis and finals access, they get a big fat DENIED. Like your older brother blocking your **** back into your face. It's simply the only way to punish biased, subjective, reporting that is masked as honest analysis.

slothy420 likes this.
  13. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

hmm T-Mac made it out twice of the first round so that means Harden is still due one more MVP.

:D:D:D

14. Nook

Nook Member

I've known for two months Harden wouldn't win it, voters really do not want to vote for Harden.

This reminds me of the year Derrick Rose stole the MVP from LeBron James and the season Karl Malone beat out Michael Jordan.

Whatever...... props to Harden for not forcing it the last 2-3 weeks when he could have tried to score 50 every night.

Beat GS and beat and win the Title........ by October all the talk will be about Harden being the best player in the NBA.

15. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Giannis is a solid choice. The one thing that would hold me back as a voter would be I'm still not sure, last 5 minutes of a game, do you go to Giannis over and over again? And more specifically, last minute, last couple of possessions, does the ball start in his hands, or is the play specifically designed for him?

I mean, increasingly the answer is yes... but I'm not all the way there on that yet.

16. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

I heard Embiid is good at dunking..... let's make him MVP.

17. photojoe

photojoe Member

How does someone get paid to talk about the NBA? I would like to apply. Obviously, you don't need to be very smart for that job.

This video is seriously a joke. Unassisted dunks? So for the season, Giannis has had 228 unassisted points from his dunks.
    Meanwhile, James Harden went on a streak over a couple of games in January of scoring 298 points straight unassisted. He has had 936 points unassisted from three pointers. All the while, the media was saying he was playing selfishly- even though the Rockets were still winning- but for Giannis, this is a reason to give him MVP?

What a joke.

WestendMassive and slothy420 like this.
  18. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Stop worrying about Regular Season Champ™ trophies.

All that matters is the Rockets hoisting the trophy after the NBA Finals.

deb4rockets likes this.
  19. juanm34

juanm34 Member

The trifecta will be complete.
    Harden will get screwed out of the MVP yet again.
    Hey... but his peers like him a lot; so he’s got that going for him.

Time to crush it in the post season!

20. Earnie Banks

Earnie Banks Member

Game 6 too. Also up double digits at the half, with all the momentum, and then an entirely one sided half gave Warriors their win. Both games were a farce

pippendagimp and Reeko like this.