1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MVP Shouldn’t Even be a Discussion

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Reeko, Mar 1, 2019.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

Look we all know the biggest factor for NBA MVP is being the best team, thats why guys like Dirk,Nash and KG had MVP and thats a big part why Harden had MVP past year.

Giannis doesn't just have best team record his stats are arguably as good as Harden's. Sure he can't shoot but because he is so athletic it doesnt matter, in fact it helps him because he has 0 range his efficiency is insane.

I know people are gonna make excuses for Harden like he is always fouled this game or Buck's team is way better...so what? This is MVP we are talking about Giannis has 50% fg he stepped up tonight. Harden has the stats but he is shooting blanks and letting the bucks walk all over him.

He needed to be super saiyan tonight to show the world he deserves MVP and he wasnt.

REEKO_HTOWN, bmelo and J Sizzle like this.
  2. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

I hate it, but after tonight I think it's gonna be Giannis.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Does he need to go & drop 40/50/60 and show why he's MVP or need to play the right way [in a team friendly setting]? I can't keep up. :D

Gray_Jay likes this.
  4. astros123

astros123 Member

same sadly

5. Mr. Space City

That’s the problem.

The rockets need harden to go nuclear to win games.

Rockets are an 8th seed if he’s just above average.

6. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Hardens teammates let him down. This mvp race is over. Bad night to go cold from 3. Congrats Freak.

7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

for me this game solidified the opinion that the beard is the mvp
    giannis scored something like 15 points and they won convincingly...
    the brick freak also showed everybody in the world he cant shot a lick

8. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

I hope you are right. I just don’t trust the nba media. They are getting as bad as the “political” media. We shall see which way the narrative goes from here.

9. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Not sure how you guys can say Giannis won MVP because of tonight. If anything, it just further just proved he has great support around. If Giannis does win it, it'll be because of his teammates and his coach.

When Giannis posted players up tonight, he looked lost. The majority of his points came from open looks or from his teammates setting him up. All of Harden's points came from himself. Harden would have easily had 15 assists tonight if his teammates hit wide open looks. And he may have missed a lot from the 3 pointer, but he should have at least 2 shooting fouls.... and he just didn't have open looks for the others.

Gray_Jay likes this.
  10. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I posted this in the other thread..... regarding tonight's game and MVP.

For those of you that care about MVP...

Harden will most likely end up losing it because of this game.

While neither had an outstanding game, it hurts Harden more because the perception of him being an unstoppable scorer while carrying the team, which was his selling point, takes a major hit this game, with all eyes on him.

Maybe unfair but thats the way the cookie crumbles.

farhen likes this.
  11. farhen

farhen Member

bruh, get outta here

12. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

PG as the MVP? He's been shooting like **** the last 10 games or so. He's been one of the main reasons they've been losing.

13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

He is gearing up for the playoffs.

14. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Can't blame Harden for his teammates shooting like **** when he gave them easy looks. Besides, he did drop 42 on them earlier on the season.

15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Look, I dont get a vote.

I am just saying how the voters will likely perceive this game and vote, that's all.

Perception matters. A lot.

16. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

The Rockets clearly came in tonight to try to put a rest to the Giannis is the MVP talk. Doesn't matter if Giannis didn't have an incredible game or if the Rockets shot 15/51 from three.

Harden had a bad game and his team lost badly. MVP talks should be put to bed. Focus on what is more important.

This game and MVP award no longer matter. It's useless debating over it. Just concede already.

17. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

This is how I feel...

The Bucks have been the best team all year. Why? Supporting cast and coaching. It was clear to me who the better regular season team is and it’s the Bucks. It’s not because of Giannis. Of course he’s the catalyst and they wouldn’t be the same without him, but let’s be real here.

To me this cements Hardens MVP because he’s been more important to his team. Giannis was okay at best tonight and the Bucks still rolled.

Am I biased? Sure, but to me it’s still a no brainer. Harden is the MVP.

18. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Regardless, this game didn't settle anything. It just further proves Giannis has a lot of help from his teammates, and that he has a great defensive coach.

You can't take this game into account when Giannis didn't really do anything either. If anything, Giannis was guarded pretty well in the post..... even Paul did well guarding him in the post.

You can't compare a good season to an historic one.

19. Mr. Space City

MVP: Harden
    DPOY: Giannis
    COTY: Coach Bud

Deuce likes this.
  20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Why, Pee Jay?