1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robert Mueller, Former F.B.I. Director, Is Named Special Counsel for Russia Investigation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, May 17, 2017.

1. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

What? Trump lies his ass off, and about the most trivial, and easily verifiable things.

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Excerpt:

"In a sense, Russia succeeded in its mission to stoke division and fear within America. Some top Democrats have played right into Moscow’s hands by pursuing endless partisan investigations. If Democrats care about thwarting Russian meddling and aggression, they will disavow their conspiracy theory that our president is Mr. Putin’s puppet, and stop wasting taxpayer money peddling disproved collusion narratives. Instead, they can support this administration’s efforts to stand tall against the consistent threat Russia poses to America’s national security."

3. dmoneybangbang

Where did I say I expected a criminal indictment? Obstructionism would have been taken up by Congress, which is why I am very dubious of Barr being the person who gets to decide that.

4. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Cue usual back and forth where I say "Ok, provide me with an example," and then someone cites some trivial matter about a trivial difference; or mentions some "fact" that is clearly subject to interpretation.

5. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Here is how Democrats will play this.

They will push for the full release of the report

Cherry pick some things from the report and make the argument that Mueller didn't investigate thoroughly

Suggest that the report is illegitimate.

You can quote me on this.

6. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

But......Putin plays the piano? :rolleyes:

7. TheresTheDagger

Why don't you give it more than 72 hours to allow redactions to take place before going all conspiracy theory eh? I've waited literally years on finding out information about the FISA warrants that started this whole thing.

8. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Trump is president because 100,000 more people voted for him across a handful of states. He handily lost the popular vote and Hillary not campaigning in Wisconsin hurt her more than the Russians. But ultimately the FBI and Comey ****ed her by reopening the email investigation days before the election.

Imagine the sheer outrage if the FBI reopened Mueller's case a few days before the 2020 election because a laptop was found in Roger Stone’s house that was just screen shots of 4Chan and Russian memes.

Trump is president because the GOP voted for him over the rest of their more respectable candidates. John Kaisch would have been 100x better GOP president than Trump.

Ultimately — like the Kardashians — I cannot wait for the day that him and his family fall off the face of the media and live out their lives in irrelevancy.

9. Svpernaut

Which is why the should RELEASE IT ALL, the FISA court documents, Grand Jury (redacted) and everything else. From top to bottom.

10. dmoneybangbang

U.S. senators to try again to pass Russia sanctions bill
    How embarrassing..... the WSJ editorial board already forgot that it took Congress to make the Trump admin impose sanctions after Russia meddle in our elections and how reluctant Trump has been to admit Russian meddling and even enact tougher sanctions....

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  11. Svpernaut

It doesn't matter how he got in, it matters that he is there. He isn't there because he won 100,000 extra votes. He's there because millions of disgruntled Bernie supporters voted for him... the DNC should have looked in the mirror, and still don't. That's their problem.

TheresTheDagger likes this.
  12. dmoneybangbang

I didn't realize I was banging the desk to release the report right now.... just pointing out the discrepancy between what Trump and McConnell literally said hours ago.

Like I said, just pretend like this is Hillary and Mueller released a report about her that you had to wait for to read, assuming it got released (where a Hillary appointee gets to determine that).

13. dmoneybangbang

It sounds like it matters to you and your narrative that Bernie should have been the one, when Bernie had his own set of weaknesses.

14. TheresTheDagger

There is no discrepancy. They are planning on releasing the report when it has been redacted and follows legal guidelines. That is always the standard on these types of releases.

15. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bernie is a populist like Trump. Just vastly different forms of populism.

16. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

gotta admit, this is pretty funny

biff17 likes this.
  17. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

you realize the author is not the WSJ editorial board: "Mr. Green, a Republican, represents Tennessee’s Seventh Congressional District."

18. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

https://thebulwark.com/what-kind-of-information-might-barr-withhold-from-congress/

TheresTheDagger likes this.
  19. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No, there isn't any credible information pointing to anything nefarious about the start of the investigation. There was some tripe about the FISA warrant that has already been shown to be inaccurate. That was as close as I've seen. If you have anything else I would be happy to see it. I'm not ignoring anything of which I've been aware thus far.

20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Seriously hope you are right, but McConnells vote to block the report just like an hour ago tells a slightly different story.

But look, we have a vast history in this country of conspiracy and distrust of the government. The Warren Report is still an obsession to some that will never get past it. 911 brought everyone together at first, but quickly drew conspiracy because of what followed... which is secrecy and lies.

I’ll admit I hope in a sense Barr is right and Trump and co. while terrible grifters and liars, aren’t willing to sell the country off to a foreign power for money and power. I think that wouid be a good thing.

But the fact is Barr has inserted himself into the equation like Scott Foster in a WCF matchup with GSW. He’s made himself the story instead of letting the facts air out and letting the country see it, accept whatever Trump did good bad indifferent, and move on as a country. Despite what the report says you and I know Trumpers will never leave him. They love him like he’s the next Messiah and more power to them. It’s a Democracy... as long as I still have the freedom to vote someone out, I shouldn’t care who you want to vote in. As long as the rule of law apply and the constitution is upheld.

So let’s see the full report so we can all move on and not have to deal with the Oliver Stone movie and the Michael Moore doc. Hopefully your tribe keeps to their word for transparency so we can avoid decades of conspiracy and mistrust.

FranchiseBlade likes this.