1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robert Mueller, Former F.B.I. Director, Is Named Special Counsel for Russia Investigation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, May 17, 2017.

1. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I thought we were supposed to be patient when dealing with this report. I guess that ship has sailed.

cml750 and TheresTheDagger like this.
  2. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

Imagine how many other things you could have read up on and debated if you didn't spend time on this pointless PR stunt. Imagine the mountain of micro stress you could have avoided. You guys are playing roles in the most predictable soap opera of all time.

No Worries likes this.
  3. dmoneybangbang

So then what is McConnell blocking?

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  4. dmoneybangbang

And 1 minute and 30 seconds longer than the condensed Benghazi investigation...

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I have to agree. When a prosecutor can't find enough evidence to be willing to even try an indictment, the case against you is pretty damn weak. Mueller's role was not to weigh the case and either exonerate or condemn the president; his job was to figure out if any indictment could be brought. Not finding one is tantamount to an exoneration.

My one caveat being that he's a law enforcement agent and not a political agent. So, there may be things that are worth an impeachment that are not worth an indictment. Only Congress could decide that. The unfortunate side of using a SC under the DOJ for this work is that an exoneration in the regular criminal sense pretty much insulates Trump from political second-guessing of his guilt. If Schiff investigates this further, he's going to get beat over the head with the Mueller findings. That perhaps means we let Trump get away with murder (metaphorically) in the end. But for me it means the end of hoping for any impeachment at all and looking now toward the 2020 election to fix our mistake. I worry that politics are going to get pretty extreme though.

What if they get a presidential pardon? After all, they're just innocent victims of a witch hunt.

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

cml750 likes this.
  7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Actually, that 420-0 vote was in the House of Representatives. It was blocked by lindsey graham in the senate.

8. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I wish we could run the numbers on this thread. I would guess that a particular member posted 1000 times in this thread. Maybe 2000 if we are being accurate.

TheresTheDagger and cml750 like this.
  9. NewRoxFan

And the forum police returns...

10. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

lol

TheresTheDagger and cml750 like this.
  11. NewRoxFan

Seems I have been here since 2002. You have been here since 2014. And we have the same number of posts. The only other poster with that volume of posts was btg. Say, that's a coincidence...

12. cml750

cml750 Member

Well to be fair you must have posted every single anti-Trump tweet ever created. ;)

13. dmoneybangbang

And yet she plead guilty.

Rashmon and FranchiseBlade like this.
  14. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We are just old timers.

15. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Wasnt talking about you. We know you are over 3000 posts in this thread.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  16. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

little touchy today

17. NewRoxFan

Guess I am still confused by people that self identify as "moderate democrats"...

Rashmon and No Worries like this.
  18. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

wow, doubling down on me. @NewRoxFan , you should consider taking a break from the derangement syndrome, honestly. I swear you're going to be like one of those Japanese holdout soldiers fighting in the jungles after World War II for decades after the war was over. Seriously, bro, get a life. Get outside. Get some fresh air.

19. TheresTheDagger

Someone's got to do the DNC work here....

cml750 likes this.
  20. NewRoxFan

Heh... every anti-trump tweet? Trust me, I filter out the really anti- tweets. You should see the Krassenteins... they are the left versions of james woods and bill mitchell.

cml750 likes this.