1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robert Mueller, Former F.B.I. Director, Is Named Special Counsel for Russia Investigation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, May 17, 2017.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

is this any better?

cml750 likes this.
  2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It was never a question of Trump being indicted. That was never a possible outcome. It would no doubt be excellent news for everyone if there was no evidence of working with the Russians to defraud the United States. We can hope that is the case, but until the report is released we won't really know.

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

exactly, it's all speculation until we know what's in the report . . . just as it has been speculation for the past 349 pages since the OP posted this thread. ;)

RayRay10 likes this.
  4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Correct. Waiting to read the report too.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  5. cml750

cml750 Member

True Trump was not going to be indicted but the fact that there are no more indictments against ANYONE else is the telling part. Trump Jr., Kushner, anyone else from his campaign team, any more Russians, etc... would have been indicted if Mueller had anything. Trump himself is the only one who is a sitting President. Everyone else was fair game. All Mueller found was a few process crimes and tax evasion which have absolutely nothing to do with collusion.

6. NewRoxFan

Perhaps. Or perhaps not. Guess that waiting to read the final report makes sense.

jcf likes this.
  7. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

8. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

He also prosecuted several Russians, though. Mueller’s investigation was the right thing to do, and had Trump not tried to protect guilty by firing Comey after asking him to spare Flynn/Manafort then this whole thing would likely have ended the same but played out nicer for Trump. Trump Campaign Collision was certainly in the scope but it was not the whole scope of the investigation.

Wait for the full report to come out.

9. HTM

HTM Member

Right so Facebook memes and releasing real emails that showed corruption and fraud at the highest levels of the DNC.

That’s what shows how disingenuous you and others like @NewRoxFan are.

You want to scream buzzwords like “collusion” and “interference” and use platitudes like “threatens the Democracy”

You can’t even bring yourself to articulate and sum up the “interference” because you know how weak and dumb it sounds.

You know what really threatens the Democracy? One of the two major parties being totally corrupt and a shill for the Clintons.

That threatens the Democracy more than anything any Russian actors did.

What a farce this has all been.

mick fry and cml750 like this.
  10. cml750

cml750 Member

Rosenstein, you know the guy who appointed Mueller, is the one who advised Trump to fire Comey. The Russians who were indicted were not connected to Trump. Yes we will wait for the report to come out but the fact that nobody was indited for "collusion" after almost two years of investigation is very telling.

mick fry likes this.
  11. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

It’s not a farce though. I am typing from a phone, so I am not going to write long winded posts. But the wiki post I included before lists many of the accused actions and the one below lists one of the responsible groups.

Just because Democrats were targeted in 2016 does not mean Republicans will be immune to Russian interfereance or any other foreign interference next time. It should be an easy bipartisan thing to say foreign governments should not be able to interfere with our elections at any level and that those who were found to be interfering will be investigated and tried.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fancy_Bear

jcf likes this.
  12. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

For sure. This is good for Trump.

Astrodome likes this.
  13. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

Until Drudge has a banner with Trump giving thumbs up saying “No Collusion!” I figure it’s not an established win for Trump, yet. I use Drudge to figure out the pulse for the right wing. And Trump also has not yet Tweeted which is surprising.

But I fully expect at this point the whole report will be a HUGE win for Trump and a major morale boast for his base (as I am already seeing here and on Reddit).

14. NewRoxFan

Facebook memes? I posted the links to the actual intelligence group reports. And you accuse me of being disingenuous? SMH...

Ubiquitin likes this.
  15. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

All Beto is saying is they sought to collude. You literally have an email that Don Jr himself gave to the press that said in black and white that they were down to collude. “If it’s what you say it is, I love it”.

You just cannot say with a straight face that they did not seek to collude. Even Trumps own henchmen admit that all the time. Oddly enough it might be their incompetence that keeps many of them out of jail and Trump in the White House.

You are either a liar or just purposefully ignorant. Stop spreading false information that we have to constantly fact check.

16. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Dobro had the balls to debate this. Now our regular leftists have their talking points from CNN so they are showing up too.

dobro > the others

cml750 and dachuda86 like this.
  17. dobro1229

Debate what?

That there is a report that nobody knows what is in it? That Mueller himself is not himself issueing any more indictments?

I’ll state the facts and call out propagated bull sh$&, but I’m not here to debate talking points. I’m living in reality dude. There’s nothing wrong with calling out those who are doing backflips in celebration about what they are actually celebrating, and what actually happened along the way that makes those backflips incredibly bizarre.

18. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

SDNY will handle Trump Jr and Kushner.

19. dobro1229

This is continued evidence that what the Mueller report is isn’t a referendum on the entirety of the criminality of the Trump orbit.

What Mueller did in his investigation, brilliantly, was see the writing on the wall that politically “the Mueller investigation” was unsustainable so he took the most narrow version possible of his mandate and farmed out all of the subsequent investions not related to the 3 core parts of the “Theory” of collusion.

Part A: the Russian infection (shown through the criminal documents in the Manafort case and the Cohen guilty plea)
    Part B: aiding the Russian effort (Roger Stone indictment most likely)
    Part C: the payoff (Flynn guilty plea reg Trump direction of sanction relief)

Mueller looks to have stuck with those three cases as the basis for telling this story both through the court documents which we’ve partially seen, the redactions which we might see in the future, and the summary report Mueller sent to Barr yesterday which likely uses these three cases to hit the main principle elements of Collusion.

So Tomm or Monday when we see what Congress see’s it will likely be those principle 3 key elements. If this is a thumbs down (yep they colluded) I expect to see a section regarding the presidents criminality which is essentially a referral or roadmap for impeachment. If we just see the the 3 part story it’ll still be one hell of a counterintelligence educational document that Congress should take and shore up our campaign laws and regulations to ensure another Campaign never gets infected this bad again.

Hopefully this sheds some thought process to the folks here that want a sober objective take on what is actually happening here with the Mueller Report. Good bad or indifferent. I have a good idea what’s coming. And as I suspect, the only thing that would be something to look out for would essentially be a referral for impeachment which is the key part of the grand finale in Part 3... whether Trump knowingly participated and ordered Flynn to pay off the Russians.

#6979 dobro1229, Mar 23, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
  20. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

While there could be more, I don't think so. The dems have been preparing people for a let down for awhile. They released it on a Friday, which is when you release something you don't want people talking about. You release the good stuff when people will be at work so info spreads... not when people are too busy with their social lives... CF D&D exclused of course... losers... ;)

cml750 and Ubiquitin like this.