1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We sure did dodge a bullet with LBJ....(LeBron hype Summer 2018)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch City1993, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Right, at this point for LeBron....it is all about "control."

lilbird20 likes this.
  2. roslolian

roslolian Member

Your "challenge" consists of just saying nothing is definite. That's like contesting somebody who said the sun will rise tom because nothing is definite.

People make assumptions because there is a basis for it if a child walks into a school carrying a loaded machine gun your assumption is he will go on a shooting spree. If you order a big mac meal and the cashier asks "Would you like fries with that?" You assume she is referring to the your recent order and not something else.

The reality is nothing is ever definite in this world because guess what we aren't omniscient, our entire worldview consists of assumptions based on limited information.

Everything I have said about Bron is based on the information I have from being an ardent fan of his since his debut and everything I said fits with his MO these past years. I have not seen one cognizant argument from you other than "This is an assumption". No ****! You don't say?!? Obviously, none of us can read Lebron's mind duh. Just because something is an assumption doesnt mean it isnt true, you have failed to provide any coherent argument otherwise.

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

He got old thats why his production isnt where it used to be. He has 2 rings and Miami was always top seed when he was there, you don't get 1st seed if you dont beat Western teams.

He is still averaging 27 8 8,thats not a scrub and way better than other Western stars with the exception of Harden . I dont care whether its first or fourth quarter the final score is based on all 4 quarters not just 1.

4. hakeemthagreat

He's averaging 27pts but his total impact isn't the same in the West. It's not because of age either. It's because the competition is better & he's facing a superstar every other night. Bringing up his Miami days furthers my point. The Western Conference exposed Lebron as a superstar "setup man" meaning he's king at putting his team in a position to win, but will always need somebody else to close for him

Houstunna likes this.
  5. amaru

amaru Member

I nominate this thread for worst thread of the week

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

How do you know its not his age he is 34 yrs old and has played 16 years while being a league leader in mins and been to 9 consecutive finals. Jordan only played 16 yrs total in the NBA fyi his body couldnt take it and he rested two times.

His batchmate Dwyane Wade is set to retire this year and you are telling me its not his age lol. I know you hate Lebron but cmon dude. Are you also blaming KG for not being able to play professionally anymore he is only 42 smh.

7. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

OP I'm sorry read this post....just dumb if u think lbj wouldnt make of a championship team almost lock....I hate when people try to do hot takes man...com on people I like knowledgeable honest debates...lock this ita just weak n beneath us as sports fans

8. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Lol you are really world up about it which tells me you aren’t confident in your assessment.

9. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

This isnt the debate and discussion forum

10. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Oh my bad. I didn't know you held your own contests on here.

11. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

You don’t need to be an expert to see that this is all Lebron’s fault and you can bet this same mess would have taken place in Houston had he somehow chosen us.

Mmm where can we start.
    We all have seen what Lebron has done since he moved to Miami to get a ring. He didn’t want all the responsibility and he wanted and needed help. Wade and Bosh and Allen helped him get those rings. Not only did he disappeared against the mavs. He also played badly against the spurs in the 4th quarters specially where Bosh got Lebrons brick and gave it to Allen.
    Then he moved to Cleavand because he had no power in Miami. He wanted to control everything. Wanted to be a Gm,coach and player.
    He wanted the coach fired and wanted his guys in. Goes to the Cavs and what did he do fires the Coach and gets all the guys he wanted. People say that’s fake but it’s right there.

Now you wanted him here, firstly we would have had to get rid of everyone, except Harden and Cp3. Even Capela would have had to be shipped. Then getting Melo with Cp3 and Lebron. You know for sure they would have made a click and left Harden be a spot up shooter. Then the Melo drama would have dragged longer. Harden would have been unhappy because this would turn into lebrons team and I’m sure by the trade deadline Harden would have gotten traded or he would have asked to be traded.

Only way it would have worked out here is if Lebron had taken a pay cut and would have agree to be third or second to Harden. But if Melo didn’t or couldn’t do it, surely Lebron would have never accepted that role.

He also didn’t “choose” us because he knew we had Morey, we had Harden (our main guy) and we didn’t have the flexibility that the Lakers had.

ramotadab likes this.
  12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm glad LBJ isn't here. I respect his talent. It's amazing. I just can't stand his ego. I understand all the reasons why he would have that huge ego, but I don't want it on the team I love. The drama would be a completely unwelcome and huge distraction.

We weren't one huge superstar away from beating the Warriors last year. We were an injury and/or solid bench player which would have given Harden some more rest and kept him from getting worn down as well as possibly helped to be another person who might not have been cold at the time everyone else was missing 5,988,348 shots in a row.

ramotadab and BeBreezy like this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The bullet's trajectory was distant.

[​IMG]

saleem likes this.
  14. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Lol keep this same energy during the next season lmao. I hate when people same thing cause it fits a narrative they wanna post....bro lbj has won more then losing his career. It's crazy this has turnt me to a lbj defender. But people kicking a man while he down. Guys misses the playoffs one time lmao. This reminds me of the house hater people lol. U saying it would of been the same problem with him here huh...why not the other way u know the8 straight finals or the mvps or the ships lmao. People grinding axes lol all in the process looking silly

15. hakeemthagreat

Lebron is not Micheal Jordan & will never be. Michael played in a league 100× more physical, with less muscle than Lebron. So yes James has played a lot of seasons but he doesn't have near the mileage MJ had at this point. Also this injury excuse is a deflection from the fact he isn't getting it done in the Western conference. He's averaging 27pts but somehow can't score over a scrub like Mario Hezonja? Didn't declare himself the goat? I need answers

CantBeRight likes this.
  16. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

In Houston, LeBron would be winning, so everything else falls into place.

Rockets likely win 60 games even with Big 3 missing 60 games. Well rested for playoffs, then a championship.

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

Mileage doesn't have anything to do with lack of muscle, in fact the more muscle you have the more wear and tear you have because you are carrying around all that weight.

Lebron has played the same number MJ has played his entire career yet you are still denying mileage isn't an issue lol. Dwyane Wade has retired, Chris Bosh has retired, Melo has become a scrub yet mileage isn't an issue. Lebron is scoring 27 pts with 8 rebs and 8 assists but he isnt getting it done just because he failed score 1 time against Mario Hezonja. So it doesnt matter how he performs the entire season, averages dont matter he fails one posession against a scrub that's it?

Where was that quote about Jordan saying he failed so many buzzer beaters again? Oh yeah, he said he failed over and over again that's why he succeeds.

https://keyisinspiration.wordpress.com/2013/12/11/michael-jordan-another-inpirational-personality/

Your bias against Lebron is ridiculous you are making Skip look like Shannon wtf. Name me one guy in Lebron's batch who is still a star today. If you can't then how can you say mileage isn't an issue? Obv if all your peers have faded that means mileage is an issue duh. You think Dwyane Wade is still a superstar at this poont and is just retiring because he is bored or what?

It's a testament to Lebron he is still a star at this point, averaging 27 8 8 after playing the same number of years MJ has had his entire career. His team has sucked but its ridiculous to say he is averaging 27 8 8 but somehow isnt getting it done. Paul George is only 28 8 4 I guess he isnt getting it done. Kevin Durant 27 6 5 nope not getting it done.

#117 roslolian, Mar 19, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
    BeBreezy likes this.
  18. Victorious

Victorious Member

Yall delusional if you don't think Lebron with Harden and cp3 would be the best damn team in the league right now

Xerobull likes this.
  19. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Yeah. This is like an offseason thread.

20. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

What is the under / over date on the Lebron hype Summer 2019 thread being started? There will be rumblings of him being moved. At this stage and environment, we will have a new Lebron watch thread every summer with him not having a trade clause.