1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Rockets are throwing an awesome House Party, but how long will it last?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Mar 16, 2019.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

2. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I copied a post from @justtxyank and edited it to make this thread since he is the author of the article. Nice job with the breakdowns... and hat tip to @BimaThug of course, as well. I'm sure @justtxyank welcomes any feedback.

Smacktle, KingCheetah, Deuce and 11 others like this.
  3. clos4life

clos4life Member

He gone.

s3ts and Little Bit like this.
  4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Nice insight guys

J Sizzle likes this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

But is Danuel House still playing a dangerous game?

cheke64, mike2k132, Nook and 7 others like this.
  6. justtxyank

I thought about referencing this more, but I’m prettt convinced his agent has been assured of a contract this offseason by another team. Otherwise I stand by my belief that he took a huge gamble.

That doesn’t necessarily mean he’s gone, but I don’t think there’s much chance of a discount

7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

If he plays great, we are going to lose him. He took a risk by not taking a 3 year deal, Morey took a risk by only giving him the rest of the year and not giving into their demands.

Best enjoy him Clutchfans.

8. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

If a team offers him more than the taxpayer MLE, will we be able to match (poison-pill style)?

9. justtxyank

Nope.

MorningZippo likes this.
  10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Was that your camera work in the locker room video tweet? Well, done!

I love how Danuel stares right into the camera, to smile in response to the question about beating his former team.

Clutch likes this.
  11. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

So much overemphasis about retaining Rivers and Faried. We would be crazy to pay Rivers or Faried more than House at present. So far, same for Shumpert.

We do not need Rivers at all, even right now, except for CP3 load management. When we trade Gordon, we will need to add 2 guards to this roster. One of them will be House and the other will be a minimum signing. Done.

Now we think about Faried's spot. When you trade Gordon, you trade him and picks for a better replacement for Faried. Done.

DVauthrin, bmelo and MiddleMan like this.
  12. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Shumpert is not being resigned. Even if he played well, the Rockets would let him walk. Him being a bust just makes it easier.

Right now they need to prioritize House and Faried. Rivers is a good defensive player, but he's the most replaceable of the three.

Mister Beard likes this.
  13. justtxyank

For the record, I agree with you that I’d rather have house than rivers most likely and definitely more than faried.

The point is more that it’s complicated because you have to make a choice and because you can’t go to free agency either. It’s really damaging to your ability to improve when you have to use your mle to retain your own players, but even then that might not be enough

lilbird20, Deuce, IvanLCPM and 5 others like this.
  14. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

Hmmmm why was NY able to match Lin’s offer (5-5-15), but we wouldn’t be able to with House? Did they close that loophole with the latest CBA?

15. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Yup

As for my own ranking I'd put rivers above House *subject to both players maintaining their level*

I think our team can really struggle if one of our main 3 guards go down . But with rivers it definitely softens the blow .

When Paul was out AND EG was out earlier this year it was rivers that made the biggest impact IMO (obviously outside of harden going nuclear)

But farried is definitely the most replaceable.

I want hartenstein to get a shot next year . I think he is gonna be solid .

16. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Watch Riley make an obscene offer to House over the summer.

Why?

Because Riley is a douchebag.

Still pissed off about Rockets denying him in 94. Was supposed to be the highlight of his Knicks career and he thought he had it in 94, only to be denied by the Rockets lulz...

17. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

Just win the championship this season. Then everyone will get paid.

dfbreyes, HP3 and Rocket River like this.
  18. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

So many people with the “what have you done for me lately” mentality. Conveniently forgetting that Rivers helped save our season when Chris Paul went down with his usual annual injury. He is very important to this team, especially defensively, and will be needed since Chris Paul is injured every year. Morey knows this and that is why he sees the importance of keeping some of the mle to retain him.

IvanLCPM, Nook, snowconeman22 and 2 others like this.
  19. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

Nah, Tillman is in financial trouble. Win or lose, he will make sure cost cutting remains the No.1 priority.

20. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

It seems in comprehensible to me that Rivers and Faried won’t make at least 6 mil next year. For Rivers nothing has happen to diminish his value so he might make MORE than his last contract. Faried will be interesting since he is now on the bench but a deep playoff run will definitely help his value.