1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

'Yeah, you want to talk to me now. You wouldn't pay me.'

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Mar 15, 2019.

1. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Bro u grinding a axe....let it go. House is a good player so far. To say otherwise is pure hate

joshuaao, Dgn1, Houstunna and 3 others like this.
  2. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

...and about 25-30% of CF...

and I'm sure those people will twist their previous narrative of "he's nothing special.." into "I just didn't want to see his cost in the off season go up..." or some bs like that...

Let's run out this season... and then have @DonKnock start digging through those previous threads and lining up the doubters... lol

J.R., Gray_Jay and ilovehtownbb like this.
  3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

This is exactly why I say he cares. The had to drag him away from the road games. It's silly to think Bill doesn't give a sh-t. He may not care for the new owner, but he cares about his job 1000%.

4. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

I think it is Rusty. Hard to recognize him without his tan suits (Brooks Brothers khaki, IIRC). Though he's at least still repping the chinos. Certainly has the pull to sit down there.

If you've got a look, why not keep up with it?

pippendagimp and Hakeemtheking like this.
  5. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

George Shinn (finances of) and Donald Sterling (morals and fashion sense of), disagree.

Though it does sort of answer the question, "What would it be like if Young Donald Trump owned a NBA team?"

Houstunna and ChumpCity like this.
  6. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

#Dolan

7. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Is he a star? No, he is nowhere close to that. But would you rather play iman shumpert who definitely doesn't look like the same player in cleveland even? I love me some Eric Gordon but we really could use the guy off the bench again to add a scoring punch off the bench and make us deeper. House may not be the dream scenario to have at the three but if the guy fits the system with the budget Tilman has given Morey, then it is what it is. We gave Melo a shot and House is definitely a better fit than Melo who has yet to be picked up by anyone. Beggars can't be choosy.
    Don't forget Mario elie, Robert Horry, and sam cassell were averaging right around 9 pts per game the championship years too... lets see what House can do.

8. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

I know I'm coming out clean ass a whistle....from day one said he was doing the right thing...from day one said so was morey. Like I said..we have a bunch of dumb fans I ain't holding back. I see it 3veryday.i read some of these posts

kjayp likes this.
  9. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I really like House, and have thought he would be a great role player through this whole process.

But everything around him has become so damn unpleasant. His name cant be mentioned without somebody racing to call him something excessive, both negative and positive.

joshuaao, Vivi, Rocket River and 3 others like this.
  10. jowman

jowman Member

Getting Shumpert is a real shame on a team that has limited flexibilty to improve as is. I get that dumping a contract requires giving up value and getting less in return, but we couldn't find a single playable player to take for a first round pick? Good thing we got lucky on House and can get him cheap this year. If he plays well unlikely we see him on this team again..

tycoonchip and slothy420 like this.
  11. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Guys, this all doesn't mean what you think it means.

Bill and Clyde had just emerged from the lockeroom, and you're interpreting the second comment by Bill the wrong way.

This is a very simple 'what 2 dudes do' scenario.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  12. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Frankly I wouldn’t lose any sleep over it. I think Bill’s been past it for years. Did anyone else catch Bill stumble over himself a month ago when they did that tribute to Keith Jones?

“He’s the first althletic African American black”

Clyde had to jump in and save him for Christ sake....Clyde!

topfive likes this.
  13. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

A lot of us grew up with Gene Peterson and then Bill. Bill has become like my Rockets grandpa. Yeah he makes mistakes, but he means well. He loves the Rockets and still tells it like is.

He may not last much longer but I would hate to him go out over something petty like this.

14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yup. Hearing Bill’s voice is just sublime. Going to miss him when he retires.

15. astros123

astros123 Member

why ? Because he knows his self worth? Is it so bad that someone sticks up for themselves and doesnt let the establishment take over ?

Get paid House!

bmelo likes this.
  16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

He enjoys eating pie.

Nook likes this.
  17. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

18. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

This guy is SO upset that his narrative isn't panning out LMAOOO. You were wrong...but it's okay, we forgive you.

Dgn1 and Houstunna like this.
  19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

nah
    Dolan would have given House a huge contract like he gave Hardaway Jr

20. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Lol. Damn.

At minimum, they probably both like coochie.

Nook and Dgn1 like this.