1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Russell Westbrook tells fan: "I'll f*ck you up, you and your wife"

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by zeeshan2, Mar 11, 2019.

1. sushimaster

sushimaster Member

Maybe he meant rainbow colors.

2. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

This is like back in 1997. I remember it was against Seattle and we lost at home by over 30 points. Charles had been slacking for a few games. So towards the end of the game I went all the way down behind the Rockets bench and started screaming at him every variation of fat ass I could come up with. He put a towel on his head and moved to the floor on the side. I got as close to him as possible and since everyone had left by this point he could easily here me. I kept going on and on and he looked back with tears in his eyes. I felt bad for a second, but didn't stop.

You getting paid millions of dollars to play basketball. I paid money for my seats, the least I should see is some effort.

Fun times!

Jontro and Easy like this.
  3. rockets13champs

That’d be a 3-6 tho

4. spark06

spark06 Member

You are arguing with yourself on this one. Nobody is saying either party is more guilty than the other. That would be objective and something that cannot actually be proven. One person might say words are meaningless while others would claim it hurt their feelings. To each their own. What's not debatable is the FACT that both parties were punished so there were wrongdoings on behalf of both sides in the eyes of the NBA. Once again, the degree of wrongdoing is not the point here.

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Cool story, bro! :)

R0ckets03 likes this.
  6. spark06

spark06 Member

If it's for PR purposes then the NBA believes the general public would also agree that Westbrook's actions were unwarranted. Lol. Thanks for proving my point. Russel was in the wrong and it's not his job to police the fans. It's the arena security's job to do that, something everyone seems to be overlooking.

National Basketball Players Association executive director Michele Roberts told The Undefeated's Marc J. Spears that, "we should all insist that a zero-tolerance policy needs to be implemented at arenas in the face of misconduct by fans. Players don't have the luxury of being able to unilaterally ban unruly fans from the arenas a la James Dolan. The arenas, therefore, have to do a better job of insulating our players."

Players also don't have the luxury of hurling threats at fans regardless of the situation. You let the security and law enforcement handle the situation.

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

so this is why chuck ignorantly hates on the rox every single chance he gets. he never got past those insults.

8. spark06

spark06 Member

I find it hilarious that you equate telling a woman who trolled you that you will **** her up as responding “as a human being”. I guess that’s a testament to what kind of human being you are. Your parents would be ashamed.

#488 spark06, Mar 14, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

I find it hilarious you're still on this. didn't you get the message posted earlier. looks like the ignore function goes into full effect here since you can't shut yourself up after someone clearly said they're done. Your ignorance won't be missed and a refresher off this board all around. Appreciate it

10. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

I think we often forget (or never knew?) the history of the NBA. Recall that players used to be called cagers, and games were cage matches? Why? Because they were actually played in a cage. A big reason for this was to keep players and fans separated. We've removed the barrier, and games are less physical...but to expect no confrontations to occur is wishful thinking.

11. spark06

spark06 Member

Like I said, the virtuous road is one less traveled. I stand firm on my beliefs and your opinion is no more valuable than the next persons. Just because you got a big mouth like Westbrook and post more than a girl in her diary doesn’t mean you are correct. Good day to you.

12. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

13. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Was this during the playoff series that we WON? Yeesh. :eek: This sounds a bit harsh coming from a home “fan”.

Charles was the main reason we were finally able to beat the Sonics in the playoffs.

14. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

yup doing something sparked attention and steps towards change.

Reeko and Rock Block like this.
  16. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

These “fans” are a lot like “keyboard warriors” who feel a sense of security by being allowed to hurl insults at professional athletes with hardly any reprimand or the possibility that the athlete confronts them when in reality 99% of these fans would never do this out on the street. I never understood what makes these fans act like this? Small brain? Alcohol? Bad marriage to Madea? Small penis? A combination of all four?

At any rate I can’t imagine hearing what WB heard from that fan and not reacting. In light of what came out about what was said I can’t blame WB for saying what he said. It wasn’t appropriate but it was emotionally charged and he had enough. If Utah wants to stop this kind of fandom then throw out the silly yellow cards and make it a no tolerance policy. Heckling is fine but crossing the line any time is removal for life.

Blurr#7, Reeko and YOLO like this.
  17. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

LOL
    I’m going to say that was sweat rolling down his forehead. No amount of heckling from you would make Chuck cry.....

Blurr#7 likes this.
  18. MD_in_Training

Human nature. At the end of the day what is sports but peacetime warfare? Sports teams consist of warriors representing battling tribes separated by geography. We yell war cries, paint our faces and don the garbs of our associated tribe. Is it really that surprising that some of the more fervent members of these mobs will occasionally cross the artificially constructed line of what is considered politically or culturally acceptable?

The nba should certainly implement rules to make sure things don’t become out of hand. However, I think they also realize that they shouldn’t over sterilize their own spectacle to the point that fans lose interest.

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

I'm surprised there isn't one phone recording the exchange once it got heated. i was expecting a "shut up and dribble" from the fan.

20. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

LOL "get down on your knees like what you used to" and "******" directed to a specific player isn't no war cry

no one's saying the crowd can't chant "mvp", "defense", "we will rock you", "loser", "flopper", "bullshit" etc..