1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Russell Westbrook tells fan: "I'll f*ck you up, you and your wife"

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by zeeshan2, Mar 11, 2019.

1. spark06

spark06 Member

In no way am I defending the racist's actions. What I am doing is criticizing Westbrook's reaction and response to such. Westbrook is held to a higher standard than the average NBA fan whether you realize it or not. He chose to get on a simpleton's level versus take the high road. He could've addressed the situation in a much classier way. Instead he chose to stoop to their level. I have higher expectations and standards for him and he disappointed me. Threatening people while on the clock as a professional athlete, no matter what they said or even DID, is unjustified. He was in no immediate danger. It's just as classless as the fans being racist towards him. Be a man, let it go and walk away. Or you could always be a child, threaten the woman and go tell Mommy, which seems to be the popular option here.

#461 spark06, Mar 14, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

oh you're definitely defending it. its very telling your focus is on wb alone and not even the worst of the actual situation

This logic of athletes can be disrespected in these types of manners is whats wrong in this world. people like you are a huge part of the problem.

spoken like a true ignorant. congrats

amaru, Theking and Pizza_Da_Hut like this.
  3. spark06

spark06 Member

Well I mean do I really need to break down and analyze the actions of a racist? No, I don't. Much in the same way that Westbrook does not need to give these losers the gratification of acknowledgment from him. I don't need to speak on these fans because theres nothing to debate. They are racist losers who have no place in that arena. I'm not debating that. Everyone knows that. I'm simply stating that Westbrook is just as classless and crumby for stooping to their level instead of taking the high road. It's a road less traveled and one that seems to be unfamiliar to you, but one that Westbrook needs to take more often.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

if you need to debate something like blatant racism, you already have that ignorant mindset. spare everyone from someone trying to sound objective and with reason. its clearly fake

I'll drop N bombs in someones face and that person responds as a human being. Yet, your ignorant logic is that the response is what needs to be highlighted and addressed more so. your parents must be proud

#464 YOLO, Mar 14, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  5. Theking

Theking Member

Yolo is right, you're wrong.

6. spark06

spark06 Member

Like I said, racism isn't being debated here. Russ' reaction to such is. And if the NBA disagreed with me, they wouldn't have fined him. The fans were wrong. Ban them. Russ was wrong. Fine him. If the NBA felt like Russ' was justified in his actions there wouldn't have been a penalty. Seems the league and commissioner agree with me. I don't expect the virtuous lifestyle to be a popular one so I'm not surprised that people are trying to justify Russ' reaction.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

nobody is actually agreeing with you. you're just trying to make it seem that way to make yourself feel better for blind ignorance

8. spark06

spark06 Member

A 25k fine from the league and commissioner seems to be in agreement with me. ;) If Westbrook wasn't in the wrong, along with the fans, he wouldn't have been fined and that's the bottom line.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

by this logic, anyone could say westbrook would of been suspended. but yeah keep making yourself feel better.

im done entertaining ignorance. carry on with yourself.

10. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

racist was banned for a year westbrook wasn't suspended even a game

anti-racists/bigots/hate = 1
    racists/bigots/hate = 0

11. spark06

spark06 Member

Suspension or fines, it doesn't matter. Punishment is punishment and wrong is wrong. You can argue with yourself about if the punishment was adequate or not, but it still remains a punishment for bad behavior. You seem to have a hard time grasping that concept.

12. spark06

spark06 Member

You can argue with yourself about who acted more immature out of Westbrook or the fans, but there's no doubt that they both were wrong! The league seems to be in agreement with me on that due to the fact that both parties were hit with punishments. The form of punishment and lengths are irrelevant to the fact that both parties were wrong.

13. vlaurelio

whats worst for you racism/bigotry or immaturity?

14. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

The "Ignore" function helps out a lot guys. Just throwing this tidbit out there.

sushimaster likes this.
  15. spark06

spark06 Member

Even though I'm not here to discuss my personal beliefs, I'll say racism has no place in this world. I think people are confusing my criticism of Westbrook for defense of the fans. Those fans deserve to be banned. That doesn't mean Westbrook was right in his response. Both parties were wrong in this case.

Pizza_Da_Hut likes this.
  16. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I agree with this mostly as well. I personally don't blame WB one bit for taking this a-hole on. At the amount he makes, that would be like saying would you tell a racist to back off if it resulted in you getting a $25 fine? Sure as hell I would. It doesn't mean he doesn't deserve to incur a fine, but to say "well both people are wrong in this situation" is also an overstatement. One is kinda wrong, the other is super duper wrong.

spark06 likes this.
  17. vlaurelio

is it really hard to say who is more wrong? racism vs standing up/speaking out against racisim

Pizza_Da_Hut likes this.
  18. mig0s

mig0s Member

Lol Westbrook got fined for PR purposes. 25k is peanuts for him and Silver might have given it him back in cash afterwards.

That fan got bannes for life from watching his basketball team. Who won?

19. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

If the NBA really wanted WB to pay, they would force him to donate to charities that he didn't like. That would surely make him angry.

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

What did you say? :eek: