1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Russell Westbrook tells fan: "I'll f*ck you up, you and your wife"

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by zeeshan2, Mar 11, 2019.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

He misunderstood

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

He misunderstood

3. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Are you saying that you can't assume what the guy's intent was, while you're assuming the Jazz's intent behind the ban?

Patience, Reeko and Pizza_Da_Hut like this.
  4. theimpossibles1

Public Service Announcement:

Step away from the thread and enjoy your improved mood.

stefanb likes this.
  5. stefanb

stefanb Member

I didn't say that you can't assume his intent. I just said to assume that his intent was racist, in my opinion, is wrong.

6. stefanb

stefanb Member

Done with this thread. Thought I would play devil's advocate a bit. In all honesty, guy looks like a douche bag and I know there was some damning posts from his twitter. He probably is a racist, but I still stand by my original opinion that the fan implied, with his statements, that Russell Westbrook is a homosexual. Which is in no way acceptable either.

7. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

This is interesting. It's apparently a video from last year's playoffs. I give Westbrook a ton of credit here for handling this particular situation appropriately.

sushimaster and vlaurelio like this.
  8. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

It kinda makes me further believe the guy said something even more racist than the "get on your knees like you used to" remark. Him yelling boy like that is just... Odd. I'll leave it at that. I stand by my earlier remarks, they need to make damn sure he doesn't come to games because I think he could be dangerous.

9. TimV

TimV Member

From a SLC news channel interview. (https://www.abc4.com/news/local-new...een-russell-westbrook-and-jazz-fan/1844939892)

"This young man and his wife in the stands told me to get down on my knees like I used to and for me, that's just completely disrespectful to me. I think it's racial. I think it's just inappropriate," Westbrook told reporters.

"To me, that's a slavery connotation," said Cedric Williams, who was at Monday night's game and witnessed the incident. "Get on your knees you're subservient to me or you know, you're lesser than me."

The fan who made the alleged comments has been identified as Shane Kiesel.

Kiesel has spoken out to various news outlets and insists the trash talk on his part was innocent.

Williams was sitting near Kiesel at the game and admits, in the beginning, the banter was "kind of innocent," but escalated to racist and degrading.

"It started off with him telling Westbrook, 'Just sit down clown, ice your knees west-broke,' saying 'He doesn't have a shot, sit down and ice your knees." And then it went from that, to 'Get on your knees,' and then it went from that to -- I don't know if it was the same guy, but I hear, 'Sit down N*****'. From there it hit a different tone from that point forward."

Williams has played professional basketball overseas and admits trash talk is part of the game but says Kiesel went too far. Topics like race, religion, and families should be off-limits, he said.
    Westbrook takes a lot of crap from fans. In fact, he thrives on it. So for him to go off on it when there would be no underlying frustrating issue (bad game, fight, etc) you’ve got to assume it was more serious than just “ice your knees bro”.

He may have overreacted, but a bunch of white guys telling a black guy how he should have interpreted this fan’s statement is pretty rich, but if it was also accompanied by a “Sit down N****” by either this fan or another around him, then it reaches into special stupidity status.

RayRay10 and vlaurelio like this.
  10. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

cant expect him or anyone to stoop down to his masters all the time

11. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

am i the only one that thinks "get on your knees" sounds more like a gay implication than anything racial?

12. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

There is a reason Jazz fans have a bad reputation among the fans and the players.

13. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

...and there it is. Not shocked. Good on you for posting this.

14. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

"Like you used too"

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

just pathetic and disgusting. can't believe this board has people defending that kind of BS. gtfoh

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

Atleast there’s some people in Utah that realize how disgusting this is

sushimaster likes this.
  17. stefanb

stefanb Member

P-Pat has him quoted as saying like "your used to" as in like "you're used to".

18. stefanb

stefanb Member

Ok, if that's what he said, then I stand corrected. If there is a witness that said he heard him say that, then that's that. But the "get on your knees" thing I thought was a rip on his sexuality, as many people did. I'm surprised Westbrook didn't mention that he heard the n-word said to him. He should say something because that's just ridiculous and unacceptable.

19. spark06

spark06 Member

Spoken like a true snitch. Bullies take your lunch money on the daily, but they cannot take Russ'. That's the difference. He knows it and we know it. But what the bullies did to you was bad! That was not right of them! Now go and tell Mommy! :D

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

someone defending a racist. stfu. go back to posting less. matter of fact just stop altogether. you're no better than the racist morons that got banned