1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Russell Westbrook tells fan: "I'll f*ck you up, you and your wife"

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by zeeshan2, Mar 11, 2019.

1. stefanb

stefanb Member

I mean what P Pat claimed the guy said doesn't come off as racist to me. It comes off as a sexual innuendo but racist? I think that assumption is wrong. Can't stand the Jazz or their fans but to assume the statement is racist is just playing a guessing game. I just don't know what being on your knees has to do with race. If the fan did say something racist, CNN and MSNBC would be having a field day with it. And they are a pretty good indicator for sensationalist stories.

spark06 likes this.
  2. Juxtaposed Jolt

That's exactly what you're supposed to do - tell HR or whoever is in charge of workplace disputes. The insults from nosebleed fans won't reach the ears of the people they're the target of, so I don't know what that has to do with anything.

There's a difference between good, harmless insults ("you suck at basketball lol" or "quit chucking it, you ninja turtle looking ass") and terrible insults ("insert homophobic or racial comment here").

I've said it before and I'll say it again - just because someone makes lots of money doesn't mean they should be insulted more than the next person, without good reason.

You have 320 posts and you've been a member since 2009. If all your 320 posts are of this quality, please post with even less frequency, to maintain the high quality of CF. Thanks.

sushimaster and steddinotayto like this.
  3. Juxtaposed Jolt

Man A telling Man B to get down on his knees like Man B used to = homophobic.

White man telling black man to get down on his knees like black man used to = racial / denoting slavery.

Interpret it how you want.

sushimaster and Houstunna like this.
  4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Not really, equal hate for both sides.

5. stefanb

stefanb Member

I'll go ahead and choose the first one. Homophobic. Plus, "get down on your knees"= you suck. I've told players they suck while at a game. It's a fan tactic to try and get in the player's heads. To assume "get down on your knees" is racist is a stretch (I'm not implying anything with the word stretch btw). Westbrick is a cry baby, always has been.

spark06 likes this.
  6. Juxtaposed Jolt

How is it a stretch when it's a white person saying it to a black person? Not to psychoanalyze it too much or turn this into the D&D, but there's no reason to interpret "...like you used to" as homophobic over something racial, in this particular context.

Also, who in the world thinks "get down on your knees" is a variant of "you suck?" That's not even close to the same thing.

But whatever. I'm not here to change your mind.

7. sushimaster

sushimaster Member

Equal is not the same as impartial. If you hate something, then you can't be impartial towards it.
    That's like saying I hate the taste of fish. I am impartial when it comes to selecting fish on the menu.
    They're opposite.

#347 sushimaster, Mar 13, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
  8. stefanb

stefanb Member

How is it racial? Because Westbrook said it's racial? It's like you are just reaching for something that doesn't exist. It makes more sense when you interpret "get on your knees" as suck, or you suck, or implying the act of sucking. So, you're saying there is a double standard for black people and that fans have to be extra careful? What if he said it to a Jewish man? Jews were slaves at a point in history, would it imply prejudice against Jews? I just think people are overreacting to this and pulling the race card a little too quickly. "Like you used to" still doesn't imply racism. If he said something blatantly racist then I would be on Westbrooks side. But to draw an extreme conclusion based on the phrase he used, is ludicrous and definitely a stretch.

spark06 likes this.
  9. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

i am hating both equally & fairly, not one more than the other :D

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

Man, what are u talking about?

“get on your knees like u used to” can only mean 2 things...get on your knees and suck a dck or implying to get down on his knees like slaves had to back in the day

Russ isn’t gay, and the man is a known racist, so u can take from his statement whatever u want. Russ took it racially for a reason.

get down on your knees like u used to does not equal “u suck”...wtf?

say that phrase to somebody playing pickup and don’t be surprised if u catch a quick fade...there’s a reason for that...

Juxtaposed Jolt and YOLO like this.
  11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'll give you a 8/10 for those mental gymnastics.

Either way it's over. Russ used the race card because it's just more effective and if he used the gay card it'd look like both Russ and the Fan were disparaging homosexuals.

stefanb and spark06 like this.
  12. Reeko

Reeko Member

Aren’t u the same dude who was hoping the investigation would find the racist loser to be innocent? Yeah, take your L and keep it pushing.

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Yeah I don't like Russ. You got a problem with that? Can't a dude dream of that baby being a liar?

stefanb likes this.
  14. sushimaster

sushimaster Member

I hate both fat kids and nerdy kids.
    I walk into a room and see a fat kid, a nerd with a calculator, a big bully, and an Asian kid with a skateboard.
    I beat up the nerd and the fat kid but didn't do anything to the others. How is that fair?
    If it was fair, I would have beat the crap out of all of them because they're all part of the same gang and they drew graffiti on the walls. But since I am biased towards fat kids and nerds, I only beat two of them up.

Again, you can hate equally, but you can't hate impartially.

#354 sushimaster, Mar 13, 2019
  15. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Ehh...I've yelled at plenty of players in my life. Made Barkley even cry once. Never said anything racist or cursed though. Plenty of other ways to get under a players skin lol.

Houstunna likes this.
  16. stefanb

stefanb Member

First of all, we all know that some of these guys can be grammatically incorrect, "like you used to" can also mean "like you're used to". A lot of people crack on Westbrick's sexuality because of how he dresses. Russell Westbrook is just trying to justify his threats against a fan and his wife, and you're falling for it like a typical sheep would. It's so bad that you begin making things up in your head to justify your actions and anger. It's time to crumble up the tinfoil hat, take some responsibility, and grow up.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

lmao typical. we definitely are seeing true colors on alot of these posters in this thread.

can't say im not surprised unfortunately

#birdsofafeatherflocktogether

#357 YOLO, Mar 13, 2019
  18. MD_in_Training

True colors? Are you implying that these posters are somehow racist themselves?

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

who knows. you never know. and I'm not the only one implying if you've kept up with this thread in its entirety

its definitely worth noting how some people can completely disregard any of the actual racist/disrespect which is the actual issue here, based on their hate for an actual player. when you go out of your way to spin it into your own preferable way to make your own narrative sound better, I'd say that's pretty questionable.

sushimaster likes this.
  20. stefanb

stefanb Member

True colors? If you mean true colors as in that I don't make assumptions out of nothing, then thanks for the compliment. Point is, you can't prove that it was a racist comment. That's all. Like I said, if he actually said something racist, I would condemn it. But there just isn't enough evidence to prove it.