1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans Offseason

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Nimo

Nimo Member

2. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Knee jerk? Haha that’s rich.

Look... this franchise has earned absolutely ZERO benefit of the doubt in knowing how or even showing that they genuinely care to put a consistently winning product on the field.

The rockets show a willingness and compentency towards winning. The Astros show a willingness and compentcy towards winning. Since their inception the Texans have shown neither. They deserve to be doubted and ridiculed until they prove otherwise.

TheRealist137 and adw like this.
  3. Nimo

Nimo Member

4. no.3 for no.1

no.3 for no.1 Member

Mathieu 14 million a year

Bell 13 million a year

TEXANS what are you doing?

5. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

At least with everyone else I thought they were too expensive. This Bell for 13 crap is just depressing. We honestly don’t give a s**t. All this money and nothing to show. Embarassing

6. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

I guess you haven't been reading the Rockets section...have you? Same BS...said here.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Oh man this team always has me in stitches.

I can’t stop laughing at the ineptitude. It’s like a 3 stooges movie

coachbadlee, raining threes and adw like this.
  8. conquistador#11

I like drafting the rb but for that amount, welcome to htx Mr. Bell. What a squandered opportunity. He could have been our Marshall faulk in the passing game. Star power at that position. He's great at running from the uggs shotgun formation. first signing of the 2 days im upset that they passed up on bc it's such a bargain. "patriots way"& "alignment" struck there with them wanting a committee of rbs. =(

TheRealist137 and adw like this.
  9. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

I wouldn't have paid that much for HB. As for Bell...it is obvious he wasn't getting the $16-17 million he wanted. Other teams passed on him too. Colts, Packers, Raiders, Eagles, etc...what are you doing?

10. no.3 for no.1

no.3 for no.1 Member

Oh yea I agree with HB I dont think he is worth that kind of money, I was trying to make the point that you could have a higher impact player for cheaper

11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

at least Cal McNair gets to keep his extra millions that he’s not paying in salary! Why does it matter anyway? Either way the NRG will still be sold out

HstnSprtsFan101 likes this.
  12. Texanstradamus

Can’t wait till the O’Brien era ends

RasaqBoi likes this.
  13. raining threes

The McNair era ends

RasaqBoi likes this.
  14. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Leveon gets 4/52mil max out at 61 and we cant get in on that? what the **** is Lamars cap hit this year? WTF???????????

[​IMG]

15. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

**** THE MCNAIRS!

raining threes and RasaqBoi like this.
  16. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

17. Rox225

Rox225 Contributing Member

C’mon guys, we don’t need Le’Veon Bell to run BoB’s complex HB Dive running scheme.

18. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I wouldn’t take anything the Jets do to be a sign of quality. Their GM has a mandate and is facing the firing squad by the end of this year. How often does that work out?

I don’t expect the DB’s we just signed to be world beaters for us, but they should at least hold the fort down while we draft for talent next month. Hate on Brian Gaine all you want, but the most important thing we should rate him on is his ability to evaluate talent through the draft. That and cap prudence are the two common denominators for winning in the NFL. How did Rick Smith’s style of picking favorites and giving out long term money to Arian Foster and Brian Cushing work out? Gaine had no first or second rounder last year and plucked out Justin Reid, Martinas Rankin, Keke Coutee, Duke Ejiofor, and Jordan Thomas from the chaff. Let’s see who he picks this year.

19. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

LOL. Here is a suggestion, go find another team. Texans will never be sold.

20. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

TEXANS don't care enough about winning. They were never signing Bell he's not a Texans worthy player in the words of Matt Schaub.