1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans Offseason

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 7, 2019.

1. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Breaking News: Joe Thomas to come out of retirement for a shot at a ring.

/s

Rudyc281 and J.R. like this.
  2. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

Quit being jealous of the Browns. Have some respect for yourself FFS.

3. donkeypunch

Wake me up when WE get free beer if the Texans win.

4. Nimo

Nimo Member

5. Nimo

Nimo Member

6. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

LOL. Same Thing, different team. Posters jumping off cliffs because their team won't DO ANYTHING. STOP CHASING NAMES, just to Chase names. "Tillman is CHEAP, having money troubles". Y'all Knee Jerked Darryl Morey.....wanting to Fire him because he would do ANYTHING. "His fault that the team was struggling and he should be fired NOW!". Morey PREACHED patience, "the team will get healthy and the roster will look different by March". WELL...look what happened. The team has won 9 in a row, went from 14 to 3rd in the west..breathing down #2 in the west. The team will be under the Luxury tax and be able to go after a FA or 2.

"Texans are trash, cheap, and don't know what they are doing!". How about wait until FA plays out, the draft takes place, and what the team looks like when training camp opens. Knee Jerk......geez.

Dubious, Red.Glare, hiephopp and 2 others like this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

What it comes down to is that the Texans are content just being “okay” and that comes from ownership.

8. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Don’t really care about Honey Badger or Kareem, but pretty bummed that we have a ton of cap space and a franchise quarterback to protect and we sign zero OL free agents. Perhaps there weren’t many out there but damn...you’re telling me the plan is to just hope some rookies turn out ok in year one and then pull another sign tier three guys gamble again?

Disappointing. But again, not sure what was out there.

9. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Man they don't give a F just keep filling up NRG and your bellies with beer.

10. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Hey, you go root for the crack wagon. Jerry's World would be good for u.

11. Whenitsover

Whenitsover Member

If you want to know the truth here is a snippet of what actually is the mindset of management and ownership of the texans: BOB and Gaine want to win badly. Cal wants a winner. Is he ok if they dont win? Yes. It doesnt obsess him like it does successful owners and he got this from his dad.

The problem they have is from top to bottom and it has to do with pride. From BOB to Gaine to Ownership, they believe that they know better than most in the NFL about how to build a winner. I am unsure where their high opinions of themselves stems from but this is 100% how they feel and why they continue to make perplexing decisions and face no repercussions.

So yes, I know many of us are frustrated, but when you understand the mindset of those in leadership roles, you begin to understand why they have never won and it will take monumental changes in mindset from the top down to change the cycle that currently envelops them.

The proof is in the pudding. I am not somebody important. I just happen to know someone that is somewhat clued in and has interacted with many in the front office numerous times. They have relayed to me some of the conversations that have occurred in that building. If only you knew just how much they impact local radio stations to determine the talking points you would be shocked. There are a few that want nothing to do with them amd have been better served in doing so.

Im sorry that this feels gloomy but I just want to level with you guys about the true state of the team we love. They have terrible pride in their rules that they have set themselves. Not negotiating in season is one that is not only outdated but has been proven not to have the impact they think it does. They are dug in to what they believe is the right direction and it will take monumental failure for multiple consecutive years on top of a possible, and i hate to say it because it sounds like conspiracy, the sale of the team.

In short, expect the status quo until ownership changes. As long as the money is coming in and the seats are sold, there wont be any changes that would make this franchise resemble competency.

Blake, raining threes, SWTsig and 2 others like this.
  12. raining threes

One sentence covers it all.

Being OK means Cal keeps on cashing those checks.

adw and Nook like this.
  13. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

No Texans just need to get their priorities straight decision wise. Fans want a super bowl appearance at least.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  14. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I think I’m officially done worrying about picks n signings. Texans like to stay average.

adw and Nook like this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

I cannot speak about everyone in the Texans organization. What I can tell you is that outside of the Texans organization that BOB is viewed as one of the most arrogant and self important people associated with the NFL.

Hub Arkush went so far as to say that BOB is the most self absorbed and arrogant ass he has come across in 30 years. He said Sean Payton is humble in comparison.

16. Nook

Nook Member

Nah. What it all comes down to is that the Texans can’t be bothered enough to really care.

Cal McNair gets to socialize with his buddies in the organization and make money off the team and be a socialite around town with his young wife.

Gaine will keep trying to scrap and claw to build a team, but has ownership that doesn’t want to go that little bit extra and has a coach that believes he is infallible.

BOB has convinced himself he is a football savant, rather than the mentally mediocre head coach he is with no capacity to improve his coaching because he is so arrogant.

The defense is starting to cost money because the Texans failed to take advantage of their high defensive draft picks rookie contracts.... the offensive line still isn’t fixed and won’t be in time.... Watson will soon enough be off his rookie deal... and by the time the Texans address their other holes; Hopkins will be out of his prime, Watt will be a shell of himself... and if BOB has his way, Watson will turn into Alex Smith.

But... whatever... make excuses for the Texans, they count on it.

raining threes likes this.
  17. donkeypunch

Cheers to being a Texans fan! Salud to the McNairs and their billions!

raining threes, Nook and Nimo like this.
  18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Jets got him for CHEAP!

Nook likes this.
  20. Nimo

Nimo Member