1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Warriors looking to make a statement to the league Wednesday night

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Mar 10, 2019.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Oh, ok. Play James with his injury, and don't rest Paul because you paid 300 dollars for a ticket. As long as they win and you got what you feel was worth your money then screw getting healthier and rested for the games that really mean something.

My personal wish just differs. I would get more satisfaction by showing them that they don't even worry us and sit them both.

Louka and Pizza_Da_Hut like this.
  2. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

[​IMG]

BigMaloe, Vivi, Roc Paint and 13 others like this.
  3. Remlap

Remlap Member

The reality is that the BEST you can be is 1-3 against the Rockets this season
    Worst case 0-4
    Take THAT for data.

RichieBanks, BigMaloe, Vivi and 5 others like this.
  4. rockets13champs

5. Remlap

Remlap Member

I'm pretty sure you couldn't keep James and CP out of this game if you wanted to
    LIkely they want to send a message just as badly. ESPECIALLY after Stephanie's Tweet
    They are not gonna want to sit on the bench and watch their teammates get crushed by these Prima Donnas

6. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

rockets own tie breaker against warriors..If both rockets and thunder beat warriors (could happen, slim chance but could happen).. I think Warriors will atleast drop one game..

7. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

You do realize we are a couple of losses out of 1st and 4 losses out of being out of the playoffs. One bad week and...life sucks in the West. This isn't last year's team that can sit the final 20 games because it doesn't matter. We had to stop sitting games because that team went off track after one game and never got that groove back. They shut it down and looked like crap. This team is finding the groove of last year's team and sadly needs every win to make up for crap that happened all throughout the season. Injuries devastated us more than any other team but we threw away a lot of games for no reason. That bill comes due now. If we play well the rest of the season we finish no worse than 3rd and maybe 1st. After the disaster of a season we have witnessed, to finish 1st would be a gigantic boost to this team. Beard is going to play through his stuff and doesn't react well to sitting. Are you going to rest him for two weeks and now he is out of shape? It's a wrist and a shoulder and likely will get better over time anyway and be no different than if he sat. CP3 is just now getting back into game shape and rhythm with his shot. You want to be playing the best as you enter the playoffs and this team needs CONSISTENT EFFORT ON DEFENSE. The Warriors games are about facing the consequences of failure and resolving to never allow it again.

ico4498, mikeiah and Hakeemtheking like this.
  8. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not suggesting to sit them out every game until playoffs. Maybe Harden can play with a sore wrist and heal fine. Maybe not. Paul on the other hand is better off sitting out at least some games. I worry more about him continuing until and through the entire playoffs. He never played that many games this year or the last two consecutively without pulling or straining something. We can win games with one of them out at a time. We won't make it all the way with him falling lame duck in the playoffs again. I don't think we will lose every game he sits prior to facing teams in the playoffs and slip out of it completely, but another long stretch of consecutive games is a huge risk.

9. fattz

fattz Member

Curry trying to hype a regular season game because he is the league’s boy and actions like this help get HIM in the playoffs. It is all about rating which equals money. Curry is helping the ratings so he will get the questionable calls in his favor in the playoffs. Harden works the other way when he spoke the truth and now stays in foul trouble. Funny how it works, IMO. We will see Harden with 4 fouls by the half, just hide and watch.

Tfor3 and vlaurelio like this.
  10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Not sure what irritates me more, Kerr being a fraud and passive aggressive. Or the BAY AREA MEDIA for falling for his "aww shucks" schtick and LETTING HIM OFF THE HOOK when these situations pop up. Kerr deflects, and the Bay Area Media goes right along with him instead of DOING THEIR JOB and PUSHING BACK the deflection!

11. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

We need a scoville level!

DreamShook likes this.
  12. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

If Rockets win, worriers and media be like “it’s just 1 of 82, regular season doesn’t matter”.

If worriers win, them and the media will be like “never underestimate the champs, they prove they can be very good teams when it matters. They put the league on notice. Rockets are still pretenders.”

s3ts likes this.
  13. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

why bother to hype up the game, how can you expect GS to get excited or play their best for any regular season game??

14. Sajan

Sajan Member

The importance of this game is the mental edge we gain over them.

15. COMPAQ CENTER

COMPAQ CENTER Member

Actually, the Rockets are 4 loses out of 1st place and 8 loses out of playoffs. However, I agree with the importance of the game.

16. Nook

Nook Member

I am not going to delve too much into politics, other than to say that some of it is that Kerr has political beliefs consistent with those that are asking him questions.

Also, when your team wins a title almost every season, that buys you some leeway.

I expected the players to have an issue with it. It is pretty obvious to me that Green and Durant are not all that in awe or respect Kerr a whole lot. Kerr basically tries to get by with his players by staying positive and in public deferring to them. I have been courtside and seen the level of praise he gives Curry (the greatest player I have ever witnessed) and some of his other players. The problem is that the players figure it out, and they know what is said about other players by Kerr.

To think, he was hours away from being the Knicks coach when he fell into the Warriors job. He played a big part in the Suns destruction and personally I have never gotten over his "Chinaman" comments about Yao Ming. He faced no punishment for it.

I ran into him at a restaurant in Chicago a few years ago and he would not stop hitting on my waitress. It got to the point where my my guest asked his table if we should just switch servers.

17. Nook

Nook Member

Curry said the Warriors would be hyped up for this game.

They also have motivation to put a dagger through the Rockets efforts at the #1 seed. A Rockets win and suddenly the Rockets are only 3 out with the H2H tie breaker.

18. biff17

biff17 Member

There seems be a whole lot of I think going on in this post.

Do you really think that the Rockets have not gone through all of these scenarios about risk of injury.

19. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Ed Malloy and John Goble are officiating different games tonight. Scott Foster and Ken Mauer last officiated last night and don't have assignments tonight. Marc Davis and Mike Callahan last worked two nights ago. One out of those four will be the crew chief for tomorrow night.

Home Team's winning % this year:

Foster 67.3%
    Mauer 59.6%
    Davis 52.0%
    Callahan 66%

It'll either be Mauer or Davis.

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

only people who say stuff like this are the ones who don’t buy tickets to the game...very easy for u to sit there and say just don’t play them as u sit at home watching for free on your couch...I wish they would sit both Harden and CP3 after I’ve spent hundreds of dollars to go

lol at people wanting the Rockets to screw their own fans...rest them during a road game if u have to

CantBeRight likes this.