1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Russell Westbrook tells fan: "I'll f*ck you up, you and your wife"

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by zeeshan2, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Juxtaposed Jolt

He's not doing this or saying this without being provoked. If Westbrook was randomly going up to female fans and saying what he said, that's terrible. But you could look at it another way - even though Westbrook said what he said, he showed restraint in not completely going after the guy, despite his history with Jazz fans.

2. Juxtaposed Jolt

Would really suck if nothing happened to the fan and Westbrook was the only one punished for this.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'd love it if an investigation proved that the fan didn't say it and Westbrook overreacted. Would just prove how much of an uncontrollable douche Russ is.

4. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Cool. The guys is probably feeling a ton of pressure from being doxed and his Twitter being exposed. Not sure I agree on that front, but the notion that he will get anything from this lawsuit is comical. Good luck dude.

napalm06 and YOLO like this.
  5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

6. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I want to hate this kid so hard, but damn, he's pure class.

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Great statement.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  9. jowman

jowman Member

Coulda seen this coming a mile away. He’s the type to instigate **** then squeals like a pig and plays victim to the police and media when he gets what was coming to him. What a b****.

10. Juxtaposed Jolt

You'd hate him more if he was proven to have overreacted, but you wouldn't like him any more than you do now, if he was proven to be in the right. Is that a fair statement?

11. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I want to see what the investigation turns up. Not that you can trust what the Jazz reveal, but if something racial or way over the line was said, multiple fans and security guards are going to have witnessed it and that will be tough to hide. In that instance, that person or group of people deserve what they get.

But I'd really like to know what justifies Russ to say he'd **** up somebody's wife. He has a long history of emotional overreactions. I don't believe Russ when he says the woman repeated what the guy said. Him calling himself "humble" and that he appreciates the media was enough bull for me. He said "I promise you" on "everything I love" that he'd do that to him and her, then says to the media he has never put his hands on a woman and never will.

If this has become a D&D topic for you because of a political side, try to look at it from both ways -- I don't think there are any good guys here.

12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Agreed 100%. But we may never know the truth. We just want to jump at our first instincts.

13. rockets13champs

I didn’t know Russell was Bisexual? Is he asking for a 3some?

14. Juxtaposed Jolt

I'm ready for OKC-UTA in round 1. Would love to see this happen.

rockets13champs and macho GRANDE like this.
  15. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Although there are certainly two sides to this, the NBA has a problem on its hands with Russ. This is not his first altercation, and they are itching closer and closer to getting physical. He has always had an active personality, but it seems now he can hardly go two weeks without finding himself in the middle of a controversy involving a fan. He has to learn how to keep his composure, and if I was the league I'd feel I have no choice other than to come down hard on him and let him know that he has to learn to keep calm as fans continue to antagonize him. He has made himself a target, and fans are going to try even harder to get into his head, especially in the playoffs.

16. jowman

jowman Member

Not sure if the woman said it, but she absolutely deserves what she got from Westbrook if she did. Cant see Westbrook attacking her for no reason. Through what we’ve seen of him as a player he’s been cocky, emotional, and shows little restraint but not a evil dude. Jazz fans on the other hand have proven to be scum over and over again.

Rocket River and Bearded13 like this.
  17. Reeko

Reeko Member

lol...racist loser playing victim and looking to sue after catching heat

18. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

And if she didn't?

I promise... I can't stand Jazz fans. I have a long history of hating the Jazz. But when Russ said "and your wife", this became messed up to me. I think Russ has gotten away with too much for too long.

I want to see some evidence that justifies him saying something so disturbing.

REEKO_HTOWN and AroundTheWorld like this.
  19. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

There are so many cameras and mics - would be good to get actual evidence on what was said.

But either way, threatening to hit a woman is always inexcusable.

20. amaru

amaru Member

We know Russell will get his. But we also know the fans won't receive anything for starting the whole incident. For me, that's the main problem.