1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Russell Westbrook tells fan: "I'll f*ck you up, you and your wife"

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by zeeshan2, Mar 11, 2019.

1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Would be great if there were designated security staff in the arena that Russ could notify and point out the offenders so they can be dealt with including possibly being moved to a different seats or removed from the arena. They could even wear colored jackets so they are easily identifiable.

2. mig0s

mig0s Member

Thats the dumbest logic i've ever heard. If Jeff Bezos gets insulted by some random ******* do you think he refrains from defending himself because he makes billions?

macho GRANDE and Lovemachine2000 like this.
  3. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

There was, and the patrons got cards that warned them not to do or say bad things. Thank god for those paper cards man.

I think it's what WB was wearing. He was asking for it. Why did it take so long for WB to come forward?

4. Newlin

Newlin Member

Yes, who wants to sit next to that guy?

5. JVL713

JVL713 Contributing Member

There's way too much side-picking going on here. Seems like the guy is a racist POS, so Westbrook clapping back can very well be warranted. But saying he will f*** up the guy's wife just goes way too far. There's two sides to every story, but from all the information coming from both sides, it seems like both Westbrook and the fan were very much in the wrong.

I agree with Wesbrook to an extent, I don't think fans should be given a free pass to throw out insults/racial slurs at players. That's clearly wrong. But Westbrook still went too far.

6. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

My point is simple. James didn't stick around to let it escalate. His instinctive reaction was poor but then he walked away. Perfectly understandable.

Russell loves to escalate ****. He is that guy that arrives late to a movie or sporting event wishing a mother****er is in his seat so he can tell them to bounce. You are acting like I am unreasonable. I am neutral on this since fans can be pretty shitty. Not sure why you would pile on James though but not Russell when Russell is much more well know for this **** than James. He is an easy target plain and simple and fans know this. He is too easily triggered.

As for incidents with Russell, did you not see him lecturing a father about a kid touching him from the front row just last week?

Here is another altercation from 2018.

Here is a compilation of several fan altercations from 10 months ago.

Okay, if not weekly then maybe monthly? What other player in the NBA has this many altercations? All I am saying is it would benefit him to keep his composure somehow off the court and use that energy on the court. Too easy to get in his head.

spark06 likes this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

why does he need to stick around? he made his point and he did it physically. Your logic is patting him on the back for that which is pretty hilarious actually.

Clearly it sounds like the real issue is you have something with wb. that explains enough

you actually have a problem with wb not wanting to be touched? that's odd

fan comes on the court is ok? lol once again odd

but compared to all this oh james harden. Go slap someones phone in their hand because they called you a flopper. kudos is your mentality. good stuff lol

vinsensual and Mr. Space City like this.
  8. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

9. ipaman

Utah fans suck and Russ has a history of being an oversensitive douche bag. I hate both, close thread.

10. Lovemachine2000

Russ acted respectably in both situations. What's your point?

Bearded13 likes this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

class and dignity right @jakedasnake you promised us all the other athletes/superstars do it so well

12. ipaman

So Russ should go after and call out security for not doing their jobs not the fans. It's a bad look no matter how much of a POS they are. But hey I hate Russ so he can keep doing his BS responses because it exposes how much of a dick he is. Now I can hate on both Utah Fan and Russ, all is right in the world.

13. mig0s

mig0s Member

That kid slapped a NBA player on court during a game. He deserves an ass whooping but Westbrook was nice enough to just lecture him and gave him a friendly tap afterwards.

And are we really gonna talk about that fat lard getting in the field in front of Westbrook and screaming at him?

macho GRANDE, HP3 and Lovemachine2000 like this.
  14. CircaSurvive

CircaSurvive Member

Don't think Russ would bring his wife into it if she was just sitting there being quiet the whole time like the guy said...

15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Didn't say it should be tolerated. I'm just saying that expecting professionals and customers to be treated by the same standard is just against commonsense.

16. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Both Westbrook and the racist Jazz fan should be fined $75,000.

Many players have specifically pointed to Jazz fans as being especially vicious and, in many cases, racist. It's cowardly for the league not to address the problem fully.

17. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Look, me defending him doesn't mean I don't think the guy is a dick. He TOTALLY is. He's an assface, and as a Rockets fans I want this to be a 25-30 game suspension. That's for sure. As an NBA fan/person, I don't blame the guy. My guess is this, this is a nightly occurrence (and my totally anecdotal data of seeing the Rockets only in opposing arenas supports this). Security will rarely if EVER do anything with racist/hateful fans. There are exceptions, and there are arenas that will do their due diligence. Now, when you couple a hateful fanbase known for their rabid nature with an apathetic security group (that holds policies that are ineffective at curbing this type of behavior) I can't help but see Russ' side in this... especially when this isn't his first run in at Utah, or run in with said fan. But hey, hate the guy. IDK.

YOLO likes this.
  18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Because Russ is honest Abe and isn't capable of lying or just exaggerating the true to help himself out of a suspension

19. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

I specifically said superstars. Vernon Maxwell is not a superstar. I want the leader/superstar of my team to learn composure or else that team is going nowhere. If he can't then so be it. He is who he is. Since I don't root for OKC anyways it really isn't a big deal to me. All I am saying is I don't prefer that kind of loose cannon mentality as a leader on my team.

It is no coincidence Hakeem became a champion when he learned composure. Is there a place for crazy athletes in sports on winning teams? Absolutely, as role players. I just have my doubts Russell will ever be a true winner unless he learns some composure. Maybe PG can balance him/that team out enough and be the true leader they need. That chip on his shoulder that has led him this far is what keeps him from being truly great.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah PPat has all the reasons in the world to lie too

RoyalGuard likes this.