1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Historic North Korea/South Korea Meeting - Trump Peace Prize?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocketman1981, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Nook

Nook Member

"by now".......... I never said "by now".

I never put a time frame on it, but you know that..... it just doesn't fit your agenda.

Again, stop projecting of assuming.

If you want to bash my opinion that had Trump followed the prior 5-6 President's and not given legitimacy, the regime in NK would ultimately fallen........ go for it, but to state that I said that NK would have fallen by 2-25-19 is just not accurate.

Comments like these, again are why it is transparent that you have an agenda on this particular issue.

2. HTM

HTM Member

wtf... you literally said, like multiple times, the Regime was on it's "last legs" in 2016/2017 - it's now 2019... how long do people stay on there last legs?

I'm not projecting or assuming anything. It's your words right there for everyone to see.

I don't have an agenda hombre.

All I want is whats best for all the parties involved, the people of SK, the people of NK and the U.S. I don't want to see NK, SK and the US continue this expensive and dangerous stand-off forever. I don't want to see a war. I welcome the detente that we have all seen under the Trump administration. I would welcome it under any administration.

I think what's best is a gradually de-escalating peace process which keeps Kim Jong-Un in power, ends his nuclear program/ambitions and opens the country up to the rest of the world improving the quality of life for the people of NK. I think that is possible and I'm optimistic about it. It's going to be a long and complicated diplomatic process but that's what it will take to solve probably the greatest diplomatic quandary in the world today.

3. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah my words are "right there". I never said that NK would have collapsed by now (2-25-19). You made that assumption for whatever reason.

FWIW No, I don't think that NK and SK would be unified yet had Trump froze NK like the prior half dozen administrations.

However, I also believe we were headed that direction. NK had a lot of issues that were popping up, including controlling information from the outside world entering NK that was a serious risk for NK leadership. NK could not withstand much more.

I am not as optimistic as you are about the quality of life for the citizens of NK as long as they are governed by a brutal dictator.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  4. HTM

HTM Member

Yea, I think the realistic best case scenario right now is NK continues as a dictatorship and begins to look economically something like China or Vietnam.

A truly representative government would be great. I wish every country in the world could have it, but I don't think it's realistic.

5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

6. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

7. HTM

HTM Member

I saw on Vice News last night even Bernie Sanders gave Trump credit for holding negotiations with NK

8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

9. NewRoxFan

10. NewRoxFan

Oh, and for OS... here's her bio:

Nook likes this.
  11. NewRoxFan

12. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

[​IMG]

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Rocketman smokes like a chimney - it's humorous to see someone in his position in an actual unscripted moment.

Sidenote: That poor assistant is going to be in serious trouble for missing the walk out signal.

14. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

gotta admit, that's pretty damn funny

15. dmoneybangbang

16. dmoneybangbang

Remember when Obama and Hillary were mocked over the reset button....

Apparently they just didn’t use flattery enough when dealing with people like Kim and Putin...

17. NewRoxFan

18. NewRoxFan

LOL... what could possibly go wrong?

Nook likes this.
  19. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

20. Buck Turgidson