1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Butler will be Moreys main target this summer, and he feels fairly confident it will happen

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Sanity2disChaos

My question is could we have had him already?? I’ve heard this and that but did we have a package they wanted and just didn’t pull the trigger. Seems like we’re delaying something we could have already had?!

Right?

2. ThrillaNManilla

ThrillaNManilla Contributing Member

This seems like the only possibility. Depending on the free agent landscape and how much the Sixers would be wiling to accommodate Butler's preference should determine how many draft picks we have to attach. On the other hand, they could ask for Capela, which would make it more complicated because it would most likely have to involve a third team.

3. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

There haven’t been too many free agents who have reportedly wanted to come to Houston. His willingness to come here may factor into it.

As far as Basketball goes, he’s still a top 3 wing defender in the nba. He can still score 20+ a game efficiently. He can rebound and playmake as well.

You would hope that he would be happy here and not cause problems in the locker room, but that is a valid concern. If this deal were to happen, I would hope that his friendship with Harden, a player friendly coach in MDA, and a leader like CP would be enough to keep him happy and in check.

ThrillaNManilla likes this.
  4. rockets13champs

Butler offensively is elite only on the midrange. Offensively otherwise he’s average. Defensively he’d bring us to a new level. If the dubs are broken up it would be us and the lakers and I’d like our chances

BaselineFade likes this.
  5. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

Exactly! We’ve heard this so many times before with Morey. There’s no money and no draft picks so the chances of signing him are slim to none. What, does Morey think he doesn’t want to get paid? Unless CP3 agrees to give s major salary restructuring then it ain’t happening.

Honestly, I beginning to think Morey is behind so if these rumors to make himself look good and to keep fans interested.

6. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

As I fan, I take the same approach to this as I do to the House situation: I'm not going to worry about anyone who is not a Rocket.

7. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

this line of reasoning always baffles me.... if you have any business experience - hell life experience - you know damn well how often things can fall apart or materialize in a instant. this continuing notion that if whatever inside info doesn't come to fruition should be some sort of indictment on the validity of said source and/or information shared is absurd.

if you view these bits of intel as predictions instead of taking them for what they are - nuggets of perspective from the parties involved - than that's on you.

ChumpCity and Joshfast like this.
  8. ThrillaNManilla

ThrillaNManilla Contributing Member

Exactly. Even though our offense can be hard at times to watch with the scoring lulls, it is our defense that brought us to game seven against the Warriors in the WCF.

9. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Whoa buddy time for some chamomile tea and a romantic comedy. I love our insiders .. definitely gives this place an entertaining probability at the end of the day it would be nice if one or two 'inside scoops' come to fruition.

I'm having fun with it and even participated with a hot take! Relax.

malakas likes this.
  10. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

That would be goodbye Gordon and everyone else not named Harden, Paul, and Capela? Wondering how the money would work. CyberX thanks for the info but my heart can't take anymore disappointment. But even that rumor makes me hope that Tilman is willing to spend money which makes me happy.

11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

How do we know this isn’t the same old song and dance — where a player expresses interest to play here just to increase his stock value? Hope I’m wrong, and this is legit likely.

12. Sajan

Sajan Member

Another speculation thread that will end up being 600 pages with nothing to show for it later.

How do I ignore this thread...?

sirbaihu likes this.
  13. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Cyberx was calling LeBron to LA around this time last year so take it how you want.

14. Sajan

Sajan Member

Everyone who had common sense was calling Lebron to LA..

rocketseagles07 likes this.
  15. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

A good shot - - but, using what? EGo + what salary filler + how many future 1s?

Thanks.

And here's hoping this is finding you doing well.

16. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

And how many people doubted him on this board?

How long of a break did Cyberx take from here because of the straight up SLANDER he got?

17. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

I agree that he’s not spectacular offensively, but he checks virtually every other box. If he shot 35% from 3 that would acceptable. When you factor in his assists(playmaking ability) I think that adds to his offensive profile.

His mid range game is fantastic, so MDA would probably show a little flexibility like he does for CP.

18. Sajan

Sajan Member

What useful information has cyberx provided us?
    I am genuinely curious.
    At the end of the day, all of these speculative threads haven't ended with any of those players on the rockets and Morey continues to do surprise signings/random trades.

19. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

lol there will be so much gnashing of teeth. It's funny, because this thread will get really long, so we can put it in the record early on.
    Is it mean to predict people's cries of pain? Is that sadistic?
    How shall we organize the gnashing of teeth? Hierarchically?
    "Damn Tliman cheapskate is too busy watering down drinks at Golden Slaggit DAMMIT!!!! :mad::mad::mad:"
    "Morey playing one-dimensional chess using Harden's golden years as pawns smh. . . . ."
    "No one wants to play WITH ISOBEARDHOG"
    "Unfortunately, CP$ contract is like his lukewarm corpse chained to our ankle while we're trying to dunk."

P.S. "I dunno if he has enough experience to crack Pringles' rotation."

DreamQuake and Sajan like this.
  20. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

He's the consensus best insider on this entire website. I'm not about to do your homework for you when you're the one making the claim that he hasn't provided anything. He's called many signings/trades for the Rockets for a minimum 5 years at this point. If you can't see his worth then you're willfully ignorant.

malakas likes this.