1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jussie Smollett attack

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by TheresTheDagger, Feb 14, 2019.

1. mick fry

mick fry Member

Booker and Harris will get out in front of this and apologize for their bit parts right? Right?

dachuda86 likes this.
  2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Were they the two people who helped stage this attack??

Based on my recollection they basically just said hate crimes are bad more or less. I agree with them. I’m sure they’ll be asked, and I’m sure they’ll say something that makes sense... like if he did stage this, that’s disrespectful to the actual people that deal with hate crimes all the time.

There is nothing wrong with Democratic politicians standing with an alleged victim of a hate crime. Always making victims prove they have hard evidence isn’t fair to the many victims who go through something like this in reality and have everyone around them and the right wing media call them the liar just because their assertion is inconvenient. If you do end up faking something like this... yeah you violate some major trust people like Kamala, Booker, and millions others give you and should give you.

The people who really should be ashamed of themselves (other than this actor if this is true) are the Trumpers who now are jumping all over this as to try and make a point that none of what you hear about racial injustice and hate is actually real... it’s all just liberal Hollywood elites creating the REAL discrimination which is towards poor white people. I would bet you 10 tip jar dollars that Tucker Carlson this week has a whole segment on his show where he rails about this for his entire A block.

And don’t tell me that’s why the majority of posters here in this thread are the usual suspects who jump on anything they can to prove points like this.

#82 dobro1229, Feb 17, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
  3. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Pelosi, Kamala and Booker were made to look like complete fools, yet again.

Cohete Rojo, mick fry and dachuda86 like this.
  4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Far lefters who used this for political ammo to support this BS high maga violence narrative don't deserve off the hook that easily. Stop defending them. Especially media outlets and politicians. They don't get to walk this back after they reported this as fact.

5. dobro1229

Walk back what... that hate crimes are bad??

I know what you guys are trying to do here to create this Tucker Carlson narrative. Sorry... even alleged victims without hard evidence should be given trust that they are telling the truth. If they violated that trust then shame on them.

6. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Media and politicians will bury this now just like there were crickets after covington didn't fit their political narrative.

All of the posters here who bought this idiot's story are gullible. :D

mick fry and Astrodome like this.
  7. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I know the tendency is to believe all victims if it makes trump look bad but pause shouldve been exercised in this situation due to how outrageous the story was. I am sure even some of yall obama-sters were skeptical.

Your comment that trumpsters should be ashamed of themselves for jumping on this is strange. That is two in a row heavily publicized where red hats didnt have fault.

Hate is not limited to the right. In fact, the left is producing many incidents of hate. They talk a good game but their actions prove otherwise.

Just watch how many hateful comments this post spawns....

dachuda86 and mick fry like this.
  8. mick fry

mick fry Member

Lmao, both basically said it was a modern day lynching without the facts, now crickets. It’s ok we’re used to the left not being held accountable for jumping the gun, it’s their signature.

dachuda86 likes this.
  9. dobro1229

I certainly don’t expect Trumpers to be ashamed but doesn’t mean they shouldn’t. You and I know the narrative that FoxNews and other right wing internet outlets are constantly pushing....that liberal Hollywood is out to get us white people etc. etc.

That narrative is shameful. It’s especially shameful that this actor apparently was willing to risk giving that narrative a breath of new life for his own personal motives (if true he was just trying to make himself less disposable to his show).

The only real question here is whether that trust should continue for alleged victims and that’s an easy one to me, but probably not for you given where you and I likely differ.

It is what it is, but at least I’m clear with where I stand.

10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

When someone is physically attacked and provides a description of what happened, it is basic decency to give them the benefit of the doubt until suspects are actually identified and more evidence about what happened comes to light. Even if you think the attack seems unlikely for whatever reason, better to sympathize with the alleged victim or just keep quiet on it rather than mock him when you might actually turn out to be wrong.

across110thstreet likes this.
  11. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I jumped the gun in the HPD incident and criticized the homeowners. In retrospect i shouldve waited. In this day and age, it seems more likely that something is off with everyone's story. Our sympathy doesnt matter either way. As for booker and harris i guess they were duped and the fact that their livelihood depends on identity politics they had to issue a statement. It is what is is. Not their fault.

Nook likes this.
  12. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

This story seemed like a screenplay from some shitty actor. So many plot holes and cliches.

dachuda86 likes this.
  13. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I only disagree with the last part. It is their fault and other people who are whipping up this false narrative about MAGA hats and this use of identity politics is not excusible. Their brand of politics is devisive and dangerous and they deserve no quarter.

mick fry likes this.
  14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

"This here is MAGA countray boy. I gotta get me a rope from my pickup truck and sip this coors light. You don't look like yer from round these parts." banjo music plays*

Yeah the guy is a bad writer and even worse actor. Gets on tv and grins like an idiot to be getting the spotlight he craves.

15. durvasa

I would rather live in a society where the general reaction from the public to someone being attacked is an expression of sympathy, rather than a cynical “he’s just making it up” because what he is alleging may be uncomfortable to one’s political sensibilities. Now, if an actual suspect is identified and the suspect’s story doesn’t match up with the alleged victim’s story, I don’t have a problem with people taking a side based on what seems more likely to them.

16. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with what you are saying but in their position they had no choice. I dont anticipate another response from them unless more info comes out exonerating smollet.

Nook likes this.
  17. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Either they double down or will come to their senses and move on.

18. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Most people suspected him of lying because he had a story with holes bro. Only people who want to believe it to reinforce their hatred of MAGA types bought it. This is because people believe lies when it is something they want to be true.

Astrodome likes this.
  19. durvasa

OK. Can you briefly recap for me what were the holes in the initial story? I wasn’t following it as closely as you, I guess.

20. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member