1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin to be bought out by Hawks, sign with Toronto

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by batkins, Feb 11, 2019.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Everyone should be obsessed with the truth

2. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Oof

tinman likes this.
  3. tinman

Supporting Member

So he doesn't like Harden cause Harden has been to a strip club?
    Does he think Lin doesn't go to strip clubs or gambles in Vegas?

Morey was loyal to Harden? or was Morey loyal to his job by keeping the best player and future MVP?

@King1

Help me understand this dude's logic

King1 likes this.
  4. adoo

adoo Member

the truth is ur too afraid to hold Morey / Alexander responsible, and conveniently use Lin as the scapegaot

ballhogger likes this.
  5. tinman

Supporting Member

your fake take is old but keep it coming

6. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

Moray made the right choice getting Harden and making him the focal point of the team. I've said this 1000x before, so I don't know why you think I've said otherwise. McHale made the right choice moving Lin to lead the 2nd unit, because the skillset fit between Lin and Harden wasn't good and the team would benefit from having a playmaker like Lin run the 2nd unit. Have said this 1000x before. And Moray made the right choice to trade Lin away given how big Lin's contract ballooned to in that third year in combination with the role Lin was going to play as the 2nd unit PG. Have said this 1000x before. Why you think I have said or thought otherwise is beyond me.

7. mikus

mikus Member

I like that Harden goes to strip clubs, or at least he's honest about it rather than trying to have a sham relationship with some girl while living the NBA lifestyle. He's played better the last couple years as a single man.

tinman likes this.
  8. tinman

Supporting Member

And there's no such thing as a team of NBA PLAYERS who don't go to STRIP CLUBS.
    The strippers are cleaner than Khloe anyways.

That negates his illogical reasoning on why he doesn't like Harden or the Rockets. This must mean he hates NBA players.
    This ain't the church league.

9. tinman

Supporting Member

You think Lin goes to strip clubs or gambles ?

10. yoeddy

He's probably been to them with teammates and such. But he doesn't date strippers. And of course he gambles...he's Chinese...

11. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Poor Kyle Lowry, an excellent former Rocket that left everything he had on the floor, and then some....

Stay far, far away from scabs who stop you from winning playoff series. Also, Pat Beverly > Lin in any game.

Zboy and tinman like this.
  12. Sajan

Sajan Member

9 page thread about Jeremy freaking Lin...

Only on clutchfans..

13. mig0s

mig0s Member

Kyle Lowry choked 3 years in a row in the playoffs. Do you even watch basketball

14. Codman

Kyle choking is subjective. Lin's experience in the playoffs, or hell, the regular season is NOT. Lowry is an all-star, a starting-caliber guard who is a game changer. He never tried to win a game just to take away from Rozay's shine in the playoffs. He made his teammates better and he's been great with Kawhii despite having a snake as a GM.

I know you love Jeremy Lin, and it's all good. I always give a couple of posts about him every year...because every year someone starts a thread about which team he's signed on to mess up with.

I'd give him a pass if he would just send everyone in Houston a card apologizing for his actions in Portland. Even a Tweet would be great.

noppeper, Zboy and tinman like this.
  15. yoeddy

He tried to make up for his mistakes early in the series by playing great in the Game 5 win and playing well enough to help hold Lillard scoreless in the 4th quarter and left the court with a lead and less than a second left on the clock in Game 6. He was poised to make full amends for his early season mistakes in Game 7, but alas he could only look on from the bench as his teammates made mistakes and allowed Lillard to score his only points in the 4th quarter to win the series...

16. Codman

This is from the lens of the ultimate Lin fan. Sure, you can go back to the play-by-play, but when you watch the game live, you can see Lillard held himself scoreless (We all know that Dame isn't going to be stopped by Jeremy lol), and the "amends" he needed to make were not just from simple turnovers. They stemmed from a decision to "be the man" when the only thing he needed to do was understand his role. You know, like Trevor did over the years. Or, like Gerald Green does for us off of the bench. Hell, my old friend NeNe knows that he needs to set good picks and rebound. The last thing he cares about his scoring because he accepts his role as a means to win.

Jeremy didn't want to accept his role and he chose to relive "Linsanity" at the worst moments.

It's also ridiculous to think Jeremy would have stopped Dame from hitting that 3. I'm sure you watch Dame enough to know that he's a killer out there. Be honest, "Rockets fan." Jeremy royally screwed up in 2 crucial games that series. Why does it matter? It was when Dwight was going to be at his best with Harden. Their path through the West could have been amazing,

Did other Rockets mess up? Heck yeah, including James MVP Harden. But the difference is their mistakes weren't consecutively selfish.

I still remember how shocking it was to watch in those games and to hear Bill or Bull die with disappointment over some of the worst playoff choices I've seen.

They go next to JR Smith's messy play in Lebron's last year in the Land.

I'm good to go with this now. I'll stop. Jeremy, your guy, is back playing. I know you're elated and I respect your complete LOYALTY to this guy. It's unbelievable,but cool. Just be more honest about who he is as a player. I know he's a great person, or from what I've read. But, if we critique players like we do as fans, honesty is just more fun than lying. Rockets fans who witnessed that game live know what happened. Before that Dame shot, we felt the devastation that our own brought. Livid fans everywhere.

Anyway, enjoy it errr him and his new opportunity to be a backup in Toronto.

King1, tinman, noppeper and 1 other person like this.
  17. tinman

Supporting Member

I don't respect his loyalty to Lin.
    It's not basketball based and he admits to having accounts on other team sites to 'talk Lin'.

People 100% agree that JR Smith screwed up. But it's amazing that Lin fans think Lin didn't screw up in the Portland series.
    They're loyalty to him is cult like . Nobody is joining MULTIPLE SITES to tell fans that JR Smith DIDN'T screw up.

Lin Fans are worse than North Koreans citizens under the dictatorship. The North Koreans ARE FORCED to believe in a cult of personality.
    Lin Fans voluntarily brain washed themselves.

18. yoeddy

Lol! I just wrote a whole post saying that Lin screwed up early in the series that cost the team games, and that he spent Games 5 and 6 trying to make up for it. Yet somehow you read it and say that I can’t admit that he made mistakes. Lmao!

19. yoeddy

Yup...as I said before, I agree Lin made mistakes in that series. The missed layup, the turnover where he dribbled instead of just holding the ball, etc. Totally agree those were bad mistakes of an overzealous young player. But to say that he sucks and is the only reason why the Rockets lost that series is an overreaction. IMHO, Dwight is the only one who showed up for every game in that series...everyone else made mistakes, including Harden, who shot terribly early in the series and ultimately was the one who changed the defensive coverage on that last play that left Lillard wide open for the winning shot.

I have been completely honest about Lin as a player. As I said in another post yesterday, I completely agreed with the choices made by Moray and McHale while Lin was in Houston, and have said multiple times over the years that Lin is a decent NBA PG that put in the right situation could be great (and I got that perspective from D'Antoni's comments about him). He doesn't "suck" like tinman and others like to say...he's had a 9 year NBA career, which makes him better than the average NBA player.

20. yoeddy