1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Morey says Rockets not done acquiring players

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Remlap, Feb 8, 2019.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Hyperbole much? No one is acting like he's a future NBA all-star.

We just want to give Harden what he wants...and this is from the article

"They'll figure that out. That's out of my control," Harden said of House's negotiations with the front office. "We know how important Danuel is. We know how good he is, especially for our team, so I'm sure they'll (figure) something out."​

slothy420, Deuce, MiddleMan and 5 others like this.
  2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

It's hard to make the case you just made with names and the assets we could've used to get them. When you do, it starts to open it up to valid criticism.

I do hope that we resign Danuel House, and I at least have a little excitement to see if anyone else shakes loose. Maybe I'll be let down, but for now it's something to at least enjoy.

I don't love where the team is but useless negativity is useless.

3. Le$$

Le$$ Member

maybe they should flip clark for 2 scrubs, and then send those two for a 2nd round pick.

2 2 2 deal!

4. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

If Harden is tight with Markiff then it's a reasonable guess then the dude is just waiting till later to be signed, per Morey's instructions.

If healthy, Markiff Morris would be a great get on a position of need. If I remember correctly, he is listed at 6'10", one inches taller than his bro.

chadyang, roslolian, yixiixiy and 2 others like this.
  5. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Best news I've heard all day.

Next player to make us better..................come on down! You've just landed a spot on the Houston Rockets Price is Right show, hosted by Daryl Morey.

rbenavides01 likes this.
  6. TheSource

TheSource Member

Welcome back Bobby Brown!!!!

tycoonchip and Sajan like this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

To potential candidates:

☐Are you willing to play for free pennies?
    ☐Can you wait 2 weeks to sign?

•If you are willing to play for pennies but cannot wait 2 weeks, we are not interested.
    •If you are willing to wait 2 weeks but will not work for pennies, we are not interested.
    •If you are willing to play for pennies and can wait two weeks, great news! We are thrilled to hear that. We will be in contact with you on February 21st to follow up. Hopefully you haven't found a job by then!

8. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Randle, Ariza and House would be best outcome imo.

9. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I know you're making this sound extreme in good humour!

In reality, anyone who has been bought out is making at least vet min anyway. So 2 weeks of salary isn't going astray for them. And the success of Rivers and Faried is enormous incentive for someone to wait a few days to sign.
    "All star break soon, join a contender after the break"

However you want to spin it, we certainly are a contender and could just use 1-2 guys who can contrubute at 7th or 8th man level. There is every reason someone might agree to hang out at the practice facility and have a months holiday in Houston before getting on board for a playoff series

10. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

whatever daryll

11. jcf

jcf Member

Don't forget: And when we get to the playoffs, are you willing to sit on the bench the entire time?

12. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

I hear Carmelo is available

13. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

DISLIKE, BAN USER, DELETE POST!

chadyang and harold bingo like this.
  14. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

tycoonchip and robbie380 like this.
  15. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

If we come away with Morris, I will be fine with how this season and the cheap ass owner and GM handled it. AS LONG AS WE ARE WILLING TO SPEND NEXT YEAR.

MarioKissoDeath likes this.
  16. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

No one ? Plenty people on this board thinks he the difference maker for us.

Possum likes this.
  17. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

Markeiff will probably end up with the Lakers. Regardless, he's not a great 3-point shooter so I don't think he's much of a difference maker on offense. Chandler, on the other hand, would be a much better acquisition if he's released. He's 6-9 and shooting 39% from three-point land this year.

seeingred likes this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Close enough, right @ElPigto? ;)

Real Daryl Morey:

Active, yeah. We're having multiple conversations. We have a couple players at the top of the list. Until they clear waivers, not something...we can't really talk to them.

Our goal all year was to be a better team going into the playoffs. Obviously haven't played as well as last year's team but once we get Clint back, Shumpert integrated, add some of the key guys, then I think we feel very good about being stronger going into the playoffs this year.

19. threepointshot3

Mitrotic just got traded so no chance in hell pelicans are buying out Randle

20. Fantasma Negro

Remlap likes this.