1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Buyout targets ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by snowconeman22, Jan 25, 2019.

1. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I don't even think it was a rookie wall with Clark ... maybe the shooting was ,but the defense should have stayed there .

I think as soon as he stopped making 3's , MDA benched him and he lost confidence.

Same with hartenstein . He was playing OK , then he ran into some adversity and instead of getting a chance to work through it ... we benched him . Now when he gets PT it's in 2 minute stretches and he gets called if he breathes on a guy . Very discouraging

Little Bit, malakas, carib and 3 others like this.
  2. vick

vick Member

If it puts them in lux. Tax, then no one.

3. Vivi

Vivi Member

Mack just released.

@Deuce

Deuce, saleem, malakas and 2 others like this.
  4. roslolian

roslolian Member

One guy I would love to see the Rox take a look at: Anthony Bennett. I know he is a bust but we ain't taking him at no 1 overall we are taking him at the 3 year vet min deal.

Bennett has been doing solid work in the GLeague, right now he is hitting his 3s at a blistering 45%. Nobody except the Cavs were dumb enough to see him as No 1 but during his college days everyone agreed he would be a productive player in the NBA he had good analytics numbers and was extremely versatile on offense.

There were various reasons for his poor performance including Asthma but he played 70 games last year and 25 games this year, I think he has recovered and his production is starting to increase. I believe Rox can have 2 two way deals I would like it alot if they used one on this dude just to see what he can do.

5. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

He is in the bench in Gleague.

Puh-Lease

Chamillionaire likes this.
  6. Chamillionaire

Austin is better, not by much though.

7. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Morris, Ellington, Zach Randolph

8. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

but house is more expensive than the buyout players

9. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Codman says Markieff to Houston!

D-rock, ramotadab, malakas and 4 others like this.
  10. Hemingway

Hemingway Member
    Supporting Member

Who is Moose?

11. crenshaw

crenshaw Member

I think its Greg monroe

D-rock and TheRealAllpro like this.
  12. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

hope we land kieff...iffy between moose and gortat..kanter is better but those 3 can’t defend..need a big man tho for big center matchups

13. Hemingway

Hemingway Member
    Supporting Member

Please no to Kanter or Monroe, rather have Nene. Gortat slower footed than Nene, but would be available every game.

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

That just means he is under valued. Dude's production has been increasing he is gonna get a call up sooner or later might as well be the Rox.

Danuel House 20 pts 4.4 rebs 3.5 assists 59% TS

Anthony Bennett 12.2 pts 4.4 rebs 1.2 assists 72% TS (!!!)

Everyone has been slobbering over House well here is Bennett putting up similar stats in the same level of competition as House. I know people will say wait House is a 20 ppg scorer Bennett is a 12 ppg scorer but thats because Bennett only plays 20 mins a game and takes 7 FGA attempts vs House's 14.6. If they took the same amount of attempts and Bennett plays as much as House did then he would have better stats.

If we look in history guys like Bennett have always translated well in the NBA guys like Beasley, Derrick Williams, Morris Twins etc Almost all of them get taken too high and become busts but almost all of them also end up carving a long NBA career and proving to at least be worth the vet minimum. We need another wing and Bennett happens to put up better stats than House I meave everybody is acting like House is almost superstar material that means Bennett is a lock to be a star in the future.

Do it Morey!

15. Hemingway

Hemingway Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe next year. House is proven at the NBA level this year. We don't need projects at this point of this season. I'd say sign Markief and another big if you can stay under the luxury tax. DeAndre would have been perfect, but doesn't look like Knicks will do us the favor. If we stay under the luxury tax we can go over next year, trade an expiring Gordan and picks, and think about Paul re-structuring and getting that fifth year at less annually (only if this helps us get one more star to help Harden in his prime. No matter what when Harden is done, we will be in a deep cellar for years, might as well try to maximize while we have him.

16. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Damn almost had JB.

17. SRR21

SRR21 Member

Little Bit and ramotadab like this.
  18. CVcrew

CVcrew Member

I could get onboard with Bennett. I like the size he brings. I think one of Bima’s post mentions a day contract? Try him out. Not sure if that’s an option?

ramotadab likes this.
  19. saleem

saleem Member

I like him and have wanted him as a cheap backup PG for quite some time. I think Rivers is doing just fine, but I'm not opposed to giving Mack a chance.

pippendagimp likes this.
  20. saleem

saleem Member

Yes, that's correct.