1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets trade for Iman Shumpert

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Feb 6, 2019.

1. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Well LeBron also dumped Derrick Rose a year ago and he clearly still has a lot of game left in him as we witnessed first-hand in the playoffs.

As for the trade, look, if we're viewing it simply from the standpoint of did it improve the Rockets roster, then the answer is yes. Chriss and Knight were useless whereas Shumpert will give the team valuable minutes at the 3. Sure, one could argue that he wouldn't have been necessary had this contract dispute with House never happened, but the Rockets are a better team than they were 24 hours ago.

In the larger picture, it's not a good trade because it feels like we could've and should've gotten more for those contracts and a protected first rounder(and second rounder). And I hate the idea that we have a nickle and dimer as our owner. But maybe Morey will make chicken salad out of chicken you-know-what in the long run. We do now have several trade exceptions plus more money to spend this offseason on free agents. Whether Tilman capitalizes on that remains to be seen.

Tfor3, vlaurelio, carib and 2 others like this.
  2. icewill36

icewill36 Member

He barely played that series. When he got traded to the Cavs with jr Smith, smith was just a throw in and Iman was supposed to be the main piece they needed. Smith ended up being the one that became the 3 and D guy that helped put them over the top.

This is an ok move...he is still too damn small. If we can flip him for more size I think we should. Of course we won’t because Tillman is a cheap fukk but still....

3. SRR21

SRR21 Member

4. Chamillionaire

JJ Redick come on down.

kevtse and BigggReddd like this.
  5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Shumpert is a rich man's MCW. Not a blockbuster trade. But I'd take anything for Chriss and Knight. We had to give up a first rounder though.

6. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Not unless everybody hates on him non-stop.

daywalker02 likes this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

:eek:

So Michael Carter-Williams is a homeless man's Iman Shumpert? ;)

Easy, slothy420 and 13 in 33 like this.
  8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

He's taller than Gordon at least.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The homeless that gets stomped on.

10. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

11. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Bro I dont know if you cant read or something but i feel like ive been saying that for a whole page

If you are delusional enough to think this trade is whats going to win us a championship then I guess theres no point in arguing. If I were harden id probably be furious knowing we spent the season penny pinching during what will most likely be the best year of his career.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

and what delusional move do you think useless players like chriss and knight are going to net in order to win a championship. Chriss who's one of the dumbest players in the league. and knight who is still barely able to walk. that's the problem with the crybabies around here. someway somehow they were led to believe you could turn those two into AD, beal, or some other "star"

seeingred likes this.
  13. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Will Shumpert even crack the rotation?

Paul/Rivers
    Harden/Shumpert
    Gordon/Green
    Tucker/Ennis
    Capela/Faried

I doubt MDA plays 10 guys. Maybe he eats into Ennis' or Green's minutes?

Also, we did not give up a first to get him, we gave up a first to shed Knight's contract. Which is too bad since the Heat got two rotation players for shedding Anderson's contract, who's even more useless than Knight. Oh well.

14. xaos

xaos Member

Yes Shump will play and contribute to winning basketball

Zen Tabak and YOLO like this.
  15. Vivi

Vivi Member

This might be enough money to resign Faried and Rivers, just saying...
    or to sign Sergio Llull :D

16. RoxDaBeard

RoxDaBeard Member

It better to have a guy who can play than 2 lumps taking up space on the bench.

17. solid

solid Contributing Member

A head scratcher of a trade: undersized, can't shoot, often injured. Good grief, this was a salary dump and little more. At least Harden and CP3 like him.

18. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Please keep up man. Where the **** are you guys getting the idea that we HAVE to trade either of them? Its pretty clear nobody wants either of them so why keep trying to trade them? Why waste a pick that could be used in a better trade just to dump them?

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

you've got to be kidding me. it's amazing how you have people try to be so adamant about running a team yet they just have no idea what they're talking about

20. JuNx

JuNx Contributing Member

I was thinking EG will move to the bench again:
    Paul/Rivers
    Harden/Gordon
    Shumpert/Green
    Tucker/Ennis
    Capela/Faried