1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anthony Davis Requested Trade From Pelicans (Rockets to offer?)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Philter_09, Jan 28, 2019.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Capela is better than Ingram and Kuzma.

luckyman76, BigMaloe, mikol13 and 4 others like this.
  2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

They can open up to 30 mill if they were to move (or not take) Hill, but yes I assumed they would have a full max... that changes things (or perhaps not).

With the number of stars (KD, Leonard, Irving, Butler, Klay, Walker) I wouldn't be surprised if one was willing to sign a deal starting at 30 mill.

The Lakers could always have to switch to B - stars for cheaper like Cousins, T.Harris, Middleton, Marc, Vuc, DJ etc and still form a top contender.

malakas likes this.
  3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

For who?

Not for the Pelicans, they will be starting from scratch. Kuzma & Ingram together especially would be a better reset package to build around. Clint will be 25 soon, isn't on a rookie deal and can't create any offense for himself.

malakas likes this.
  4. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

This is punishment for Klutch Sports pushing this a year a half before free agency. The Lakers get the poison pill- gut their team for Davis and an aging Lebron, or risk missing out.

luckyman76, HP3 and RoyalGuard like this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

we’ve got 4 1st round picks New Orleans, and we didn’t tamper with your guy...I’m just saying

6. Bids9

Bids9 Member

For a side that struggles to attract A grade free agents. Capela is locked in for what 5 years? Capela and Holiday would be a nice tandem to start with.

Kuzma is what the same age as Capela already and has no defense. Ingram is still an unknown at this stage. There have been plenty like him before and will be plenty more to come that promise the world and deliver nothing.

Im not saying the Pels are going to take Capela at all but hes not bad compensation if it came to it. Hes def closer to ALL-NBA talent than the other two are at this stage.

7. viertelasiat

viertelasiat Member

My guess is Houston may have already offered 4 picks plus Capela and NO is trying to use it as leverage. My pie in the sky dream is that LA retracts, NO gets worried and takes the best offer now (ours) rather than waiting.

luckyman76, D-rock, joshuaao and 3 others like this.
  8. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I have seen absolutely nothing that would make me think that Kuzma and Ingram + Holiday would be a better core than Holiday + Capela + 4 first round picks. One sees a lot of fans overvaluing players from their own team. Recently on Clutchfans, I see a lot of the opposite.

Bids9 likes this.
  9. Bids9

Bids9 Member

The thing for me is what if you have another flight scenario once their (Kuzma, Ingram, Ball) contracts are up? Your in the same boat again looking for free agents.

Thats where i think Capela holds more value. Hes locked in on a reasonable wage, hes young and improving every season. Dosent seem to come with the bullshit drama the others do either.

Id imagine if we had an offer it would be Capela, Gordon (ontraded by Pels for some other asset), Knight + 4 1st rd picks and take back AD and Hill.

Pels can then package the remaining pieces they want Mirotic + picks, Randle + picks for other assets they want, possible to move up in the draft.

I suppose there is nothing stopping them doing the same with Ingram, Kuz and Ball in the off-season too though.

To me the key is Capela being locked in long term.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

Ingram, Kuz, and Ball would all become RFA’s once their deals are up, so they can’t go anywhere unless NO decides not to match or they take the QO which pretty much never happens...they can all be locked up long-term too

malakas likes this.
  11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Who the hell would want Ball and his crazy ass father. That's a sideshow that no reasonable owner wants to have.

12. Bids9

Bids9 Member

RFO so they can sign a 1 year deal then become unrestricted?

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

if they took the 1 year QO then they could become unrestricted, but pretty much nobody does that

maybe Lonzo with guidance from Lavar would be crazy enough to do that, but that’s about it

malakas likes this.
  14. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

All in, in the literal sense.

15. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

The crazy thing about it is, Harden/AD is the most perfect superstar duo imaginable fit-wise. AD is one of the best lob finishing, roll-men in baskteball...along with being able to stretch it out all the to 3. And we know what James does with bigs who know how to roll well.

Can you imagine a PNR of Harden and AD every other possession? It would be virtually unstoopable, and Harden/AD would both see huge benefits of playing alongside each other. Bigs wouldn't be able to commit Harden, because leaving AD alone is suicide, and vice versa.

If D. House wasn't just sitting at home and had been playing/showcasing himself this whole time, a package of Capela, Gordon, House, and 4 FRP doesn't actually look too bad.

#855 Loneyroy7, Feb 5, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
  16. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

If I’m the pels, tell magic to take it or leave it. What more do they want?

Ingram
    Ball
    Kuzma
    Zubac
    4 first
    2 seconds

Take Hill contract

luckyman76 likes this.
  17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

We got cp3...sell them on their own big 3 capela cp3 and holiday....all the picks and other youngins will never develop into something that good

18. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

New Orleans don’t want EG I don’t think. That’s why something like the three team trade with Philly I suggested is the way to go.

It gets them Capela and 5 first rounders as well as someone like Fultz, on top of expirings. Also, getting rid of Solomon Hill and having 3 first rounders this year should be unbeatable unless they wait for Boston.

luckyman76 likes this.
  19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

If they take cp3 then they have their team set up for years ...cp3 capela and holiday big 3 plus all the role players in the world they already have NOW
    ppl need to cool off on rebuilding ...it never works and pelicans will never have a team this good...not even close to this good
    or if you dont trust cp3 just trade the picks for another star...and you are set for a decade...you have 4 from rockets and your own picks....rebuilding is a nonsense pie in the sky

20. basketballholic

We can send Ego to a third team for acc expiring and a first. That's enough when combined with CC and Chriss to take back Hill with AD.