1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Nuggets 2/1/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Juxtaposed Jolt

You know there's 4 other players on the team, right? Harden makes up for the other 4's inability to perform on offense. It makes sense that the other 4 should make up for any defensive liabilities Harden has.

Not saying Harden is exempt from playing defense, but I honestly can't believe you're criticizing Harden.

GotGame15, Houtho, Jontro and 4 others like this.
  2. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

This game was tough. The Rockets had a chance at the start of the second and absolutely blew it like a worn-out hooker. The defense needs to be better, Capela or no Capela.

That said, the season hasn't been won or lost because of this game, though it is indicative of several problems the Rockets have right now.

What moves are going to be made at the deadline? Who will come here, and who will leave? I'm willing to bet even the insiders on this site aren't yet certain. With the right pieces I can see the Rockets still contending for the championship, but I might in the minority on that.

There's another game tomorrow. A win might change the entire mood of the GARM, as it usually does. A loss means more toxicity, and a little less wiggle room in the packed playoff standings.

Our MVP has been carrying the team, but he needs his guys to step up, and it needs to happen before his tank runs empty at the worst possible time.

BigShasta and adw like this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Mike:

We didn't sustain the toughness & grit into them. Every time we did, they broke our back with great shots. Give them their due. They're a good team.

(Defensive issues?) There's a lot of them. We have a hard time staying in front of people. Biggest thing, we don't have a rim protector(Clint). Staying in front of people & missing assignments. We don't communicate. For whatever reason, we have a hard time communicating.

Worried about Harden & fatigue?

No, I don't think so. We got an all-star break coming up soon. He'll be fine.

BigShasta likes this.
  4. Juxtaposed Jolt

This has been stated since, like, the 10th game of the season. I don't think there's a magical "on" switch.

Roomba likes this.
  5. PhiSlammaJamma

Harden isn't even running with role players, we've got bench players starting. Simply need more talent in the pipeline.

buffalobills!!!, s3ts and adw like this.
  6. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Losing to the Nuggets is not nearly as bad as those stinker losses to the Mavs, Nets, Magic and Pelicans. Just horrible.

split41, bro2044, adw and 1 other person like this.
  7. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I feel this team become weaker after CP3 and Gordon back.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. Zergling

Zergling Member

ESPN's non-stop coverage of Harden is pretty freaking annoying. They showed nothing but Harden highlights even though we were spanked by Denver. Just a really bad look

xtruroyaltyx, IvanLCPM and adw like this.
  9. Zergling

Zergling Member

Hilariously Hartenstein finished with a +3. Thanks D'Antoni for not playing him until the game was already decided you moron.

PeterKingX likes this.
  10. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

Imagine being the focal point for the opposing team's defense, working your ass off drawing in 2-3 guys on you & kicking it to wide open team mates only to have them brick shot after shot...

11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

no worries here, we'll get 'em next game

Mr. Space City and Roomba like this.
  12. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

MDA's mind already in all-star break.

13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

media conspiracy

14. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

This.

MDA just love his 5 midgets lineup.

GotGame15 likes this.
  15. threepointshot3

So since CP0 has been back the team has looked garbage like before he got injured but without him we were rolling

Bearded13 and PeterKingX like this.
  16. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

If only we here on Clutchfans could give our energy to the team...
    [​IMG]
    Bet some people wouldn't tho

HP3 and James Gabriel like this.
  17. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

yep that LOF sounded like Harden is holding back this championship team around him

18. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

I see his ass stapled to the 3 pt. line in the corner...I say shots go up that he doesn't attempt to rebound. In 34 minutes, he's -17. Frankenstein had 3 rebounds and 4 points in 8 mins for example.

gfab-babyboi likes this.
  19. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Rockets was never really close in this game and Tucker didn't put up many second half shots, so Tucker ain't surprise me!

Jokic surprised for Denver. Jokic almost had triple double by half time. Jokic got triple double early this week for Denver.

Far-'weed' surprised me but far'weed' production was in garbage time!

20. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

The jury's still out on CP3 (though I don't share your opinion) but I definitely think Gordon has helped win a few games since his return.